Thread: Blood Pressure range?

Question Blood Pressure range?

What is "normal" blood pressure range while pg?? Mine has gone down over the past 5/6 weeks... was 110/70, then 2 wks later 110/60 and today 110/50. The midwife said it was ok...but is that starting to get low??

I'm not sure of normal but I know I had a few 80/60 days early on in this pregnancy & during labour it got to 80/50 when they started getting nervous...

I was pretty dizzy throughout pregnancy when my BP was low & I made a conscious effort to drink heaps of fluids to keep up my BP. I would drink around 2.5 litres daily... and that was all clear fluids & juices. Not counting things like coffees or teas which can dehydrate you as well. HTH!

I think its not great if the bottom number goes below 40 or above 90..
    I think.. but I could be wrong?
    Mine was once 80/58 and they told me it was getting on the low side but that it should be ok so long as the bottom number didnt get below 45.

110 systolic is a "good" value - some people go on the systolic pressure only, and yours is good (above 130 is "bad").

I did a thread on this recently, found here, as my BP is a bit low too. I hope that reassures you a bit! I think lower BPs are quite normal in pregnancy.

mine BP stayed between 110-130 over 70-80 for the most part og my pg. toward the end it got gradually lower, I think to 100/50, which still isn't that low I don't think. My midwives thought it was fine.

It is not unusual for your BP to go up and down. If the lower number goes above 90 or below 40, of the higher number goes above 130 then it would be something to watch. However this is only a guide as it also depends on what your BP was before you got pregnant.

Thanks everyone. I don't understand the whole thing so wasn't sure what was normal so to speak...but sounds like it's ok

Alan, I only just realised you're in QLD...lol. Brissy or regional? Also, I have no idea what my BP was before but I've never had problems with it.

hey there cass my bp has been really high but i know my MIL had problems with low BP and she has worked out it is because she dosent drink enough water (not saying you dont too i just thought that was interesting)

Hey Jess...long time no see!! That is interesting. I probably don't drink enough water on it's own to be honest, does cordial count though?? The taste of the water here is gross! I notice it more being pg so haven't been drinking a lot of it on it's own and I don't want to keep buying bottled water!!

Yeah Cass I drink heaps of cordial as well as I went out & bought a water filter jug. It makes a huge difference in my low BP.

Thanks Christy...I'll happily keep drinking my cordial We need to buy new filters for our jug..might just need to do that over the weekend.

Hi,

140/90 is your limit on your BP getting too high. Top number going above 140 or bottom number going above 90 is too high.

As for low, im not sure but at 25 wks i had BP of 65/40 and my OB got really worried. He said he hasnt seen BP that low on someone he wasnt operating on before and i was sitting right in front of him. I was extremely sick with the flu and badly dehydrated thats why it was so low. He admitted me to hospital right then and there.