Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boy or girl?

I desperately wanted to know! We asked and the sonographer tried everything to find out but our bubs was straddling the umbilical cord. He resorted to a bone measurement and gave us an 80% possibility - our Ob told us not to buy anything gender specific on those odds. I was sooooooooooo disappointed! But after a few weeks I warmed to the idea of it being a surprise and helping me to get through labour. Conincidently, everyone thinks I'm having the opposite of what the sonographer said! ROFL.

MG

When people ask us if we know what we are having, we tell them that we are hoping for a baby, but who knows!
    Anyone got the book "Up the duff" in that she says she tells people she's hoping for girraffe cause they are up and about within and hour.
    We think that we wont find out, everynow and then we question it, but, i think not. Not unless it because obvious at the next scan!

Quote Originally Posted by mum2bee View Post
    When people ask us if we know what we are having, we tell them that we are hoping for a baby, but who knows!
    My clients always ask me and I always reply "a whale or an elephant but I could be wrong"

We were going to leave it as a suprise, but we ended up finding out after having a CVS for genetic related problems. It was such an emotional time that we just wanted to be able to bond with our baby even more and have some happy news.
    Thankfully all the testing came back normal. We know what we are having, but our families dont (except for the few we have slipped up to!).

We did NOT want to find out with this, our first baby. Even though the sonographer avoided the area I'm fairly certain the we accidently saw boy bits during the scan at one point (it was not the cord, but looked like little boy bits floating by in a side on view???). I'm quite disappointed by it actually as I really wanted a suprise.

We never found out with the previous three, but I would like to find out this time if I can. DH is still adamant he doesn't want to know, so I will probably not worry about it cause i can't keep a secret from him LOL. It is a nice surprise to find out at the end though.

I didnt find out with #1, and i loved that surprise when you've just birthed the baby and you're like "What is it??" Its the best...

But saying that, i did find out the sex of #2 and #3.

No Way Our thoughts were - what are we waiting for if we already know the sex!

I was like that with #3, i had to know if i was having another boy!!

We didn't find out. I never wanted to but DH did. At the u/s we got the sonographer to write it down and seal it in an envelope just in case we changed our mind. We have not touched that envelope since as we now both think it's going to add even more to the excitement that we will experience in 7 weeks time. Once you find out you can't take that back. Just my opinion. There are times when it would have made things much easier knowing, but i tell myself it is just a guess with a 50/50 chance of getting it right anyway, i will know with 100% certainty very soon.

I found out with all my pregnancies. It helps me get things organised. I like to be prepared...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12