Thread: Braxton Hicks

Default Braxton Hicks

Hi all,

Stupid question probably, but i am not sure what BH feels like and dont know whether i am having them or not!

My belly gets tight at odd time - sometimes more with light exercise, but bubs is moving. It doesnt hurt.
    I just assumed this was bubs moving around, but have been told they are possibly BH (by a friend) so now i am not sure.

What do BH feel like to you?

My tummy would go very hard and tight and then after a minute or so would go back to normal. I had some that were uncomfortable and then others that just went tight no pain. Definately sounds like BH to me. Just your body getting ready. With DD1 i got them from about 30 wks and with DD2 from about 16wks but maybe i jsut notice them as i knew what they were.

Yep sounds like BH to me

Thanks guys,

I really thought that it would be more like a contaction, like a pushing down feeling and painful - been having them for weeks LOL

BH can change a lot. Sometime the only ime you know thaqt you are having them is because you have your hand on your belly and you feel it go tight. Other times they can be quite painful

Default Tummie pains, sore heavy breasts at 9 weeks & outa breath

Im 9 weeks preg,

i havnt actually had an ultra sound yet to confirm due date as thats at 12 weeks.
    ive had pains in the center of my tummie that go from the sides meeting at the middle and intensifying as they go its quite painful its sorta feels like its lifting up as the pain meets int he middle. has anyone experienced this what is this advice?? i had a few of them one after each other it was like waves. this doesnt seem like HB is it? sounds different?

as for the breasts they have enlarged already and feel heavy its like at night i need a pillow between them to stop the weight pulling. i have gone up a whole cup size and some since finding out im pregnant. yet no weight gain...all seems a bit rapid from my last few pregnancies.

also as for gas well im so bunged up im taking double what i used to take in extra fiber supplement's but nothing im gonna have to increase again. anyone else experiencing constipation? the gas and bloating well im not farting ( i don't fart often wish i would tho) parden my up frontess but burping and my glands in my throat seem constantly swollen and i always feel like theres a lump in my throat like spew is about to fly out my mouth yet i have not yet actually thrown up. anyone else with this?

and another thing i have never experienced before

I am always outa breath when doing anything im tiered constantly exhausted this doesnt seem right or is it this is my 4th pregnancy, maybe i am just worrying

is anyone getting these pains and feelings? please do let me know

Hi Squidipa
    The pains in your tummy are caused by everything stretching and growing and is quite common.
    Heavy breasts are another common problem in early pregnancy.
    Gas and constipation are another normal symptom. To help with the constipation not only do you need fibre but you also need fluids. I recommend drinking between 2 and 3 litres of water a day. If this does not help get some coloxyl and senna tablets from the chemist. Start with 1 tablet twice a day for 3 days. If this does not work take 2 tablets in the morning and 1 tablet at night.
    The out of breath thing is a little unusual and could indicate that you are low in iron. I suggest that you talk to your doctor about this.

wow well thank you Alan for your comments o.k ill be honest i have not been drinking that much water so ill increase that firstly that might help that will be the first step.

If you dont mind Alan i was wondering if the tiredness was due to low blood pressure is that possible as its dropped since becomingly preggers. i do have an appointment on monday and will be telling the dr all about it. we have a monitor at home as my husband has high blood pressure.

mind you i am not a dr and my interpretation of low blood pressure is probably incorrect
    here is a reading ive taken
    91 over 55 with 71 beats a min
    i thought normal was about 120 something over 80ish thats what it used to be but now the numbers are much lower is this normal? there always around this amount on resting or watching tv something like that

Tiredness is more likely due to low iron, low blood pressure usually causes you to feel dizzy. 91 over 55 is a little low but not scary low. For some women their blood pressure does drop in early pregnancy.

cheers again Alan,

i look forward to seeing what the dr has to say on monday.