Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Braxton Hicks vs Contractions?

Hope everything is ok hun

Just seen this thread hun, I hope the CTG went ok this morning and you're alright.

Contractions for me with both my bubs (DS at full term & DD obviously prem as you know) were all down low, at my cervix and very crampy, just like strong period pain. I never got anything across my belly or back - it was all down low and unmistakenly the pain associated with dilating. I never had any BH with either so hard to make a comparison though.

Thinking of you hun, I sincerely hope Flicker is staying put for you

Just a quick update I was in at my OB's office on the CTG, I'm having contractions every 15 min, lasting 1.5-2m and quite strong, and inbetween a very irritable uterus that won't relax. So on a constant higher dose of Nifedipine, plus boosters of a quick relase form, and now on bed/couch rest for the net few days to hopefully slow everything down, my cervix is holding it's own at the moment so jsut gotta calm this baby and uterus down. Still got lots of baking to do before meeting this baby!

Hopefully DH will set things up so I can come on BB

big hugs babe hope you are holding up ok xx

Lots more hugs & stay put vibes from me Beema. Definitely take the next few days to rest, I hope things start to subside. It must be so very stressful for you, not to mention uncomfortable.

Default Braxton Hicks vs Contractions?

Get lots of rest Beema, join me on the couch!! Hope they stop soon. xx

big hugs and positive thoughts for you

Oh Vic I've just caught up on this! I hope it's all settled down today! Stay put flicker!!!

Bit worried about Beema and Flicker.... nothing on BB or FB since last night.... that she's glued to the couch without the laptop or that the ctx have stopped and Flicker is staying put.....

Quote Originally Posted by thepixie View Post
    Bit worried about Beema and Flicker....
    Me too Pixie, just hoping that everything is ok.

Oh gosh, hope everything is ok...

I'm still here, and yes glued to the couch lying down. I can only sit up for short periods of time and even those are causing contractions to come in runs and inbetween my tummy is constantly tight

I am dissapointed and have had a cry, I am upset that my body is failing Flicker, but lucky that I am at home and not in hospital and my OB is treating me and trying everything to keep me @ home, but if I do end up there a friend is already in and is @ 32 weeks. My OB said yesterday that between 28-32 weeks the uterus can get more irritated due to rises in amniotic fluid and when baby has bigger growth spurts while it is trying to catch up, and if we can get through these next few weeks we have a chance to go further. And to see on the CTG to see how irritated it was, and then to see the contractions was a surprise, I feel like an idiot for not knowing and thinking that the tightenings were Flicker stretching out

I am limited to only toilet trips and eating, the rest of the time I am stuck to the couch or bed, which is all frustrating as I am just want to do things.

I can't seem to update FB or BB from my phone I am sorry it has taken me this long to get back online I don't mean to worry you all

DH is being great he cooked up breakfast is looking after DD, took her to swimming and is now off doing the food shopping He is also setiing up the tv and dvd player in the bed room for me.

29 weeks today and I know that 10 weeks ago I would have been thrilled to make it to this point so I just need to find those positive thoughts again and refocus, but atm I'm just a bit emotionally shot, and after things were looking good on Tuesday and I was feeling really positive and was of the thought that the small rise in the Nifedipine would get me another week or two, but didn't expect things to have changed so quickly....

Oh honey I can't imagine what you are feeling - but remember what is in your ticker "flicker is a fighter"

Just remember that. Together you guys can get over this hurdle and into a full term kind of thing Or hey, you could even be cool like me and go to 42 weeks.. cos thats like... wayyyy cool....

Honey it has been such a battle for you every day to hang on to Flicker, you have come such a long way, but contractions are exhausting, especially after BHs for so long. It's not surprising you're feeling a bit down when you had a brief moment to relax and now you are back to fighting every step of the way.
    Don't feel bad for not realising the ctx were the real thing.... you were just trying to be positive. Lay back and let DH look after you (and anyone else who's around). You can do this, no matter which way it plays out.... thinking of you constantly - was very worried about you last night and this morning.
    Or hey, you could even be cool like me and go to 42 weeks.. cos thats like... wayyyy cool....
    Mel!

Oh and please remember that whatever limitations your body may have, your heart, mind and spirit more than make up for them. You have been chosen to parent your children through the challenges they face because you are strong enough, brave enough, and unfailingly positive enough to do it.
    Please know that we all believe in you 100%. Especially me.

Sweetie you are not failing Flicker, and you are not an idiot. Please try to be gentle with yourself....but I understand wholeheartedly right now just how hard that can be and how emotive this all is for you. Hopefully a good rest over the coming weeks will get you over the 28-32 week hump your OB was talking about?

As you know, just take it one day at a time. Call in the troops to support you & DH - whoever is around & can help - just ask. You are a strong woman and Flicker is one strong bubba - just like N. Take comfort in that and keep those thoughts positive.

Sending you lots of love & strength right now, I sense that you got quite a few more weeks of baking left yet.

Thinking of you Beema. Please do not feel that you are failing Flicker in any way, I believe that this is the path that both you and your baby were chosen to walk because you are stong enough and loving enough to defeat the challenges and both of you will look back on this later and be proud of what you have acheived together.

Sending you the strength and focus for these coming days and weeks and praying that you little Flicker bakes for a few more weeks (at least).

I too believe in you.

Thanks girls , had a pretty rough night last night and early this morning. For an hour and a half last night they were just all on top of each other, and I have been lying down through them so there is no pressure on my cervix, it seems so against everything I should to do relieve the pain, but Flicker is still tucked up inside so that is what is important, I would rather go through the pain then Flicker...

So feeling very sore and tired but crossing my fingers that tonight is a better night.

MIL is on her way down to help as well, bringing food and to help DH out as we usually do a lot of meal prep for work for the week on Sundays. I think she is staying down to take Nakita to the Playschool concert tomorrow, I soooo wanted to take her but it just isn't going to be possible

The plan is to get through each day, only 6 days and I'm into the 30's! Hopefully it won't be like it has been the last few day not sure how long I can go through that....

Quote Originally Posted by Arimeh's Eden View Post
    Or hey, you could even be cool like me and go to 42 weeks.. cos thats like... wayyyy cool....
    Can I be totally cool and join the 42 week club? Althought I don't think I could go through ctx like I have been having especially last night for the next 13 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by thepixie View Post
    Honey it has been such a battle for you every day to hang on to Flicker, you have come such a long way, but contractions are exhausting, especially after BHs for so long. It's not surprising you're feeling a bit down when you had a brief moment to relax and now you are back to fighting every step of the way.
    Don't feel bad for not realising the ctx were the real thing.... you were just trying to be positive. Lay back and let DH look after you (and anyone else who's around). You can do this, no matter which way it plays out.... thinking of you constantly - was very worried about you last night and this morning.
    Mel!
    Thanks hun, I'm so sorry to worry you you can always sms me, I just can't update BB from my phone and for some reason FB wouldn't let me change my status either and I can't spend long up on my laptop...

Quote Originally Posted by *Infinity* View Post
    Sweetie you are not failing Flicker, and you are not an idiot. Please try to be gentle with yourself....but I understand wholeheartedly right now just how hard that can be and how emotive this all is for you. Hopefully a good rest over the coming weeks will get you over the 28-32 week hump your OB was talking about?

As you know, just take it one day at a time. Call in the troops to support you & DH - whoever is around & can help - just ask. You are a strong woman and Flicker is one strong bubba - just like N. Take comfort in that and keep those thoughts positive.

Sending you lots of love & strength right now, I sense that you got quite a few more weeks of baking left yet.
    Thanks hun, and with all that you are going through at the moment I hope your senses are right, would love to see September

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast