Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Braxton Hicks vs Contractions?

Quote Originally Posted by DaintreeDream View Post
    Thinking of you Beema. Please do not feel that you are failing Flicker in any way, I believe that this is the path that both you and your baby were chosen to walk because you are stong enough and loving enough to defeat the challenges and both of you will look back on this later and be proud of what you have acheived together.

Sending you the strength and focus for these coming days and weeks and praying that you little Flicker bakes for a few more weeks (at least).

I too believe in you.
    Thankyou hun just gotta get through this time and refocus...

Default Braxton Hicks vs Contractions?

I'm thinking of u heaps Vic!!! I'm sorry u are in pain. Ease up on mumma flicker.

Default Braxton Hicks vs Contractions?

Not what I wanted to read Beema, was hoping it had all eased up for you. Maybe try a bath that might help a bit if you can manage it, that's what worked for me a couple of weeks ago it takes the pressure off you both.

Just wanted to pop in and give you hun. Hopeing and that flicker stays still for a while longer and your uterus stops being so irritable.

No need to apologise for worrying me babe, I would have sms'ed you but i figured you probably had enough on your plate. If I hadn't heard for a bit longer I probably would have though
    wishing you a much calmer, more peaceful night and no more contractions for many weeks!

Nothing but lots and lots of hugs for you hun

HUGE HUGS darl! I hope they ease up soon!

I was told with DS around 28wks that it looked like I had an irritable uterus as when I get BH they feel and act like contractions. I got them from 15wks onwards with DS, almost constantly, though I only went to the emergency department when they got really really bad and painful.

The reason why I was told I had an irritable uterus was because when I went into Emergency around 28wks, they sent a midwife down who put her hand on my belly for 15mins straight while emergency was going through all my details with hubby, and she said my whole belly went solid 6 times while she had her hand on it, yet wen I went onto the monitor up on the ward a short time later, I was only having very very tiny regular contractions that could only just be picked up on th monitor, they were that weak.
    It was like that up until I was induced.

I'm getting them again already, every day for most of the day, and worse than they were with DS, but I think that may also have something to do with the fact that bub is sitting right at the back of my uterus and because I had a C-sec with DS.

I know I don't have it as bad as you do now, and you have soooo many other issues that are getting in the way as well, and the stress and worry probably isn't helping at all, but I just thought I would share what I went through as well

Thanks girls

The contractions haven't stopped so one week down My OB isn't happy that the Nifedipine is doing enough so I will be starting on Progesterone cream, which we were "saving" for when my cervix started to shorten, which it has but was still long enough at the previous scan, but instead we will be starting that in conjunction with the current dose of Nifedipine, it should stabilise the cervix and it has a cross over effect of calming the uterus, so hopefully with the combination it will get things under control, if not we will have to max out the Nifedipine and hope we can keep things at bay. But there does become a point when the baby or my body can be come too determined and that even with the above nothing will stop labour, but the plan is that we will get it sorted

JennaJayen ~ I wish my ctx were that weak ! Mine created big mountains and inbetween them it was constantly tightening, so my uterus isn't resting inbetween the bigger ctx, which sounds like what was on your CTG ~ which my OB said was an irritable uterus as well, the only problem with me that is that I have the ctx on top of it. Thanks so much for sharing, it is really good to hear what others have experienced, and the plan is we can keep defying the odds and keep baking this bubba for as long as possible, and I am jsut lucky that we have options, because if it wasn't for the Nefidipine I probably would have already had Flicker by now, we have already gone 7 weeks since starting the meds, and each and every one of those has made a massive difference

OMG you must be so sick of contractions right now!! Really hope the progesterone settles things down for you.
    But on the positive side only 90 mins till you hit the big 30

Definitely a milestone worth celebrating!

Quote Originally Posted by thepixie View Post
    OMG you must be so sick of contractions right now!! Really hope the progesterone settles things down for you.
    But on the positive side only 90 mins till you hit the big 30

Definitely a milestone worth celebrating!
    Yes definitely feel over them, but it is a lot better then traipsing into the WCH a few times a day, but ask me ina few weeks if I feel the same about them And I am counting down to the big 30 weeks, it was always my biggest milestone to pass

Have just seen this hun, will PM you. I'm so sorry that you're going through this, but so happy that you are soooo close to hitting the big 30!

WOOT! You hit the big 30!

Just thought I'd update you on where I'm at as well... went to the doctors this morning as the cramping and stabbing pains on my left side are getting worse, and turs out I have some tenderness there and very low in my pelvis, so I'll be heading up to emergency in an hour or so - have to wait and see if it eases off a bit and find a babysitter for DS.

Hope you're feeling a bit better today Beema And I hope you got a decent nights sleep last night too!
    Last edited by JennaJayen; August 21st, 2010 at 10:14 AM. Reason: spellng

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123