Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes to Baby Bonus

Default Changes to Baby Bonus

I know changes have been made relating to how teenage mums receive the baby bonus, however, I've also been told the baby bonus is increasing to $5000 as of 1 July 2007. I thought the next increase wasn't until 2008. Does anyone know if it is increasing earlier?

I've looked on the Gov websites and can't see it anywhere but I have read it in newspaper articles.

Hi, I heard them say this too on the telly.
    I know it was originally planned for 2008.
    Maybe its an election campain thing?

I'm not voting for them but I'll take the $5,000! Gotta get something for the last decade!

I also thought it was July 2008.... but go ahead make it 2007!!!!!

I thought it was the 1st of July 2008 too.
    I know I read that on the centrelink website a couple of weeks ago. Is this recent news? I haven't seen it yet.
    Just checked the website again and it still says 2008 but I hope you're right.
    Last edited by Phteven; April 2nd, 2007 at 01:33 PM. Reason: remove link

I am pretty sure that it is happening this year.. Maybe the websites havent updated the information yet? But I wouldnt go spending $5000 incase someone did get it wrong somewhere and it ends up being only $4000..

i thought it was 2008 as well. if it is 2007 - will be wanting to be overdue by couple of days now!

I would of thought the govt would of tried to clear up some of the confusion over this already. I have spoken to so many people about this and no one seems to know what is going on.
    One friend is absolutely convinced that it is $7,000 this year LOL, she won’t believe me when I tell them that its $4,100

i wish it was $7000 this year! That would be nice - unfortuanly, i dont think so.

John Howard's daughter recently announced she was up the duff.....

HA HA Chloe, sounds like our work...
    #yrs ago the HR manager fell preg & we all of a sudden got 13wks paid maternity leave (there have been about 25 babies born in Vic alone since we get paid leave, just in time for when Indah acme along & now this one...

So it wouldnt surprise me if they changed something to Benefit his own kids pockets!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dachlostar View Post
    John Howard's daughter recently announced she was up the duff.....

Explains all then......!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kimbaz View Post
    Explains all then......!! LOL
    did you watch rove last night? They did the bogus news break, they said baby bonus going up to $50grand...

I missed it...damn forgot he was back.

50k would be nicer then 4k...imagine how many would want to have babies then...lol

Quote Originally Posted by mum2bee View Post
    did you watch rove last night? They did the bogus news break, they said baby bonus going up to $50grand...
    I saw it, wish it were true!!! Any money would be a great help but wish we got it now to pay 4 all the doc appointments and u/s. Only got about $800 for my DS 3 years ago.

If it is true, too bad they won't let you go overdue longer than 2 weeks. 5000 is better than 4100, I will take what I can get though.

I will have to wait to conceive number 2 for a few weeks then, well that is if I can even conceive easily again.

the young receptionist where my dh works, her boyfriend wants her to have a baby, so he can spend the 4g's on his car.
    It would be nice to get the money before bubs comes along, but we are planning on setting it up in a seperate account for baby anyways

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast