Thread: Conception question

Default Conception question

Hi pregnant ladies!

I have a question in relation to when you got pregnant.....Did any of you get pregnant after DTD 2 or 3 days before ovulation and not closer to ovulation? I know spermies can live for a few days but I'm curious as to whi did get pregnant this way?

Yep! Im currently pregnant and had a 2 day cut off. Here is my chart http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/196379/

Thanx Kellx! We are not officially TTC yet but we DTD nearly 3 days ago and I know I am ovulating today! It would be a very welcome surprise if I happened to fall pregnant without trying...

Kellxx, I just looked at your ticker. It looks like you are in with a good chance for a pink one this time as you stopped dtd 2 days before ovulation! Good luck!

With one of my pregnancies we DTD 3 days before O, so it sure can happen.

Thanks Satya. I guess it really can happen then. We shall wait and see.

We dtd four days before ovulation and fell pregnant first time trying. So yes you definitly could be pregnant!
    Good luck

Nikki

Wow Nikki! 4 days before is quite a big gap isn't it? Congratulations! I would love to be pregnant just before we had planned to start TTC. Xmas is a lovely time of year to be pregnant.

We DTD 4 days before O and fell pregnant!

Kellxx - we had a girl!

Yep 2 days before O here and we had a girl.....good luck, fingers crossed for a bfp!

luckymum.. i look forward to hopefully seeing your pregnancy announcement!

Oh wow Tam! Im just hoping 2 days for me is enough! Either way, we'll have a precious little one

what if you dtd 2days before O and the day before O and on O??? Lol does that mean we could have a boy or girl?? which sperm overide that then??

luckymum - good luck! i hope we are in the same bellybuddies group with BFPs!!!

Renstar.. well id say in that case youd have a 50/50 chance. In weighing it up, DTD 2 days before youre more likely a girl as the boy sperms die off before the egg is released.. but the DTD the day before and the day of, there will still be boy spermies alive so it could be a boy too. But then also they say the more frequent you DTD the lower the sperm count and resulting in more girls as the boys die sooner! So in conculsion.. theres only 2 options.. could be a boy or it could be a girl

yeah i've heard the boys die off faster and that you have more chances of having a girl seeing as they swim faster and survive longer

thanks kellx - i don't mind - either gender - as it's our first bub!!! can't wait. thank u for explaning it to me hehe its a real science isnt it....

I remember when I got pregnant with DD, we DTD 2 days before O and she is a girl....Thanks to everyone for their comments, it is making me just a little bit excited, even though we aren't officially trying yet...

Yeah i know i am very lucky falling 4 days before O but like my mum said to us is that my husband only has to look at me and i fall pregnant. I wish i could pass this onto other people who are trying to fall pregnant.

NIkki