Thread: Cramps in my legs

Unhappy Cramps in my legs

Ok so last 2 nights i've woken and i can feel the cramps in my legs starting to come back (i had them when i was preg with DD). Worse thing is its not just one leg its both and my feet as well. I dont see the doc for another week and a half so has anyone got any suggestions on how to relieve or stop them. Someone mentioned salt to me last time but im not a bit salt eater.

Please help

Can't offer any solutions, I'm afraid. But you do have my sympathies - I've been putting up with it too. I meant to ask my OB yesterday, but she was called out to a birth so we had a really rushed appointment and I didn't get a chance to ask her.

I hope someone has a solution!

BW

I've been getting them too, I find that if I flex my foot up it eases them (if you point your toes it makes 100 times worse!), that's all I've been doing, hopefully someone else has some more ideas!

I hope so too im actually dreading going to sleep tonight

Try taking an extra calcium supplement. I bought the Blackmores Calcium with magnesium, and a few days of taking those my leg cramps settled to a point where they were more comfortable, and I could stretch them out easily.

HTH...

Pineapple Juice in the tin - Golden Circle

Make sure its the blue coloured one, not the green (I think the green one is less sweetened?) - Very very sweet, but it worked.
    Its been a while, but I vividly remember the leg cramps, and they were hell

Its a remedy my mum used and so have heaps of my female relatives.

It has to be the tinned juice, though - I remember Mum saying to me that she got normal pineapple juice and it didn't work.
    I mentioned it to my OB when I was pg with Luke - he actually ended up recommending it to a few of his patients

I think it works because of something to do with the pineapple in the metal...???? Don't know, but it was my saviour

I just had a big glass every morning, and they just went away... I remember a few times towards the end of the 3rd trimester I had to have a couple of glasses... but that was very close to due date as well.

Good luck girls... I hope it works for you like it did for me

I remember those awful leg cramps from DS2. I found the best thing for me was to stand on a really cold floor. As my bathroom was the closest room, I would stand on the cold tiles for a few minutes and the cramps stopped. I do't know how or why this worked, but I have recommended it to a few friends and they have found it helped them too.

Hope you find some relief soon.

oh I can sympathise with you, i had about a week of this straight! it was horrible!!!!

Much love and i hope it stops ASAP for you

Ouchie, they are horrible. All that helped me was to rub them.

I have heard that bananas can help because of the potassium. I don't like them, so I don't know if they help, but I've heard good reports FWIW!!

yeh Kirra ive been getting these too.. waking up in horrible pain!! ive tried a few thing but it hasnt worked. the only thing i find that works for me is getting out of bed. Tho that doesnt bother me too much coz im uncomfy in bed atm. I think its going to be one of them things we just have to deal with.. not too long to go for us.. mwah mwah xoxox

You just reminded me i have that to look forward to. I have hardly ever had cramps in general but i remember them while i was PG with DS and my god i would wake up in pain, crying out pain. I also have only ever really heard it being related to salt and it's not uncommon in pregnancy i don't think. I might have to give the pineapple jucie a go. Good luck ladies

Well im starting by puting the pineapple juice to the test. Had a glass this afternoon so hopefully i will get a good nights sleep, and it'll be leg cramp free. I got one last night and man it hurt. I get them in my calves mostly and sometimes in my foot.
    We've got floorboard throughout so if pineapple juice doesnt work i'll try the cold floor and if all else fails its on to the bananas. I'll let you all know how i go.
    *Fingers Crossed*

I asked my Ob about this today because I too have been losing sleep over cramps in my calf muscles at night...

He's told me to make sure I'm getting enough calcium in my diet. He said otherwise take some calcuim suppliments that you can get over the counter at the chemist.

HTH