Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creative ways to announce your pregnancy?

Default Creative ways to announce your pregnancy?

We are meeting with my parents on Thursday night, and I wanted to do something really special for them. Does anyone have any ideas??

Give them some booties with a little swing tag note hanging from them? My SIL told BIL when they went out for dinner and I think from memory she wrote a poem. Give them the pregnancy test stick thing?? lol...could be taken as gross though. If I think of anything more I'll come back to you before Thurs night

Oh oh just thought of another (thought I'd just edit and tag on here)...you could get little goblets, nice keyring or something of the sort and engrave Nan/Pop, Grandma/Grandpa (whatever they'll be called) onto them.

A copy of The Good Granny Guide or something similar as a gift?

I really like the idea of buying one of those little photo books with "Grandma's brag book" on the front, and putting in a single U/S photo (if you have one yet), then wrapping it up in a little gift box!

We told my IL's on Father's Day. DH got up and told everybody that he wanted a group photo of the whole lot of us - SIL's and their husbands and kids and BIL were all there too. He took one photo of the 'say cheese' variety and then said it didn't work. On the second photo he said 'everybody say "Mel's pregnant!"' instead of 'say cheese'. He still took the photo, but everybody except MIL was too slow to react. Her face is like :eek: in the photo - it's so funny! She spun around so fast and asked me if it was true and then the whole table broke out into screams of delight and laughter. It was a really fun way to tell them and now we have a photo of the moment. SIL then proceeded to tell the waiter and anybody else who walked past all night

Disgirl - that is just classic!!!! What a photo.

When we told our parents about being pregnant with Caitlyn we gave the Dad's a bottle of grandfather port each. They still have it and my Dad says he will crack it open when (hopefully) this baby is born.

Disgirl, I love it! Will have to try and remember for #3!

my brother's girlfriend told her parents by writing "hi nan & pop see you in 9 months" on her belly
    i had painted eliana a "big sister" tshirtk to tell everyone but then some were a bit slow!!

My DH is quite creative on the computer so with #1 we did a photo collage with a pic of us, a pic of the +ve HPT, a pic of the month that #1 was born and highlighted the EDD for that month and a background pic of children's building blocks. We put it in a pretty little frame for the IL's.............took them a bit to catch on tho!!! But once everyone realised, we almost got slam dunked!! LOL!!!

Trying to think of something for this pg....................hmmmmmm.

Oh Disgirl, that's great!

Sorry, I don't have any ideas to add to whats been mentioned already.

Love the photo idea!! What a classic!!

Charly...congrats...I didn't realise you had a BFP!!! yay

If you're creative enough... you could make fortune cookies and put a special little message inside it... and give it to them after dinner etc? You can google fortune cookie recipes.

I heard of someone who put a bun in the oven so when the guests she was telling arrived, she told them she had something to tell them, but first they had to go to the oven......took a while for them to catch on....but a good idea....maybe put a sign on it saying "under construction please be patient" or something.....don't have the oven on if you use the sign tho....*L*

Thanks Ozziehoffy!!

Disgirl, that's a classic!!!

We wrapped up a dummy for PIL

What excellent ideas! I'm disappointed now - I told my parents on the phone. How boring!
    Next time round I'm going to try something more fun! I really like the bun in the oven

Kylie, how did it go??? What did you do?? I'm DYING to know!!!

Think I've worked out what to do this time!! DD is great and repeating words so think I will whisper in her ear and get her to repeat to her grandparents one word at a time, "There's a baby in mummy's tummy!!" Oh! They'll wet themselves!! LOL!!!

So Kylie!!! How did it go?!?!?!?!?!?!

Don't keep a pg lady in suspense!! She'll wet herself for sure!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast