Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creative ways to announce your pregnancy?

It went so well, we did the photo thing ... I just wish I could post photos to show you all! My mum burst into tears in the restaurant, and my dad just kinda sat there stunned for a while!

Thanks for all of the great ideas everyone!

You can add a link in your signature I'm soooo glad it went well. Sounds like you had a great night.

Charly, that's what my SIL & BIL did...last Christmas we were there (with PIL's) and they got Fletcher (2) to repeat to us that mummy had a baby in her belly...was so funny cos he was whispering it as well.

Kylie - that is soooo fantastic and what a beautiful moment!!! Yay!!!

Ozziehoffy - Awwwwwww!!! Well, didn't quite work as we imagined!! LOL!!
    DD was saying it lovely until IL's arrived and then when we said to tell nanna what she had been saying, she giggled and threw her face into her hands!! LOL!!! So DH sat next to her and got her to repeat word for word, "I am a big sister!" DH said it out aloud as well to ensure there was no confusion!! LOL!! We'll see how she goes when we get to my folks!!

Debbie Lee Guest

We got a band to announce our pregnancy to all our friends. We were out for a friend's birthday at a restaurant. Our friends were stoked.

We drove home to visit my parents and took our puppies. They always go into the house before us to see Nan and Pa so we put a sign on his back which said "I'm going to be a big brother."

He was so excited that my parents couldn't get him to stand still long enough to read it.

Sounds corny now I've typed it.

Great Thread P.Kylie - with ds #1, we took the stick round (sounds gross but was first grandchild on both sides, so whole family were excited.) Mum was in bed, but soon got out, and in laws rang bil & wife up, to come over, so they did (only lived seconds away). Was really nice.

This is terrible but cant think what we did for #2 (but I love him so much - lol),

and this time round, we want to keep it secret as long as we can, or at least till I have an u/s picture, then I am going to mail picture to sil, with Dear Aunty ____ on front, she'll think its from my sons then, on u/s I'll have something like, Cant wait to meet you in July. And then I'll just wait for the phone call - have it all worked out, however knew exactly how I wanted to tell dh to (he leaves for work before I did my FMU) but that didn't work out so will wait and see - lol.

Ok, had to change how we were going to announce it as dh wanted to tell family now. So instead I wrote a santa letter on the computer (with xmas border and pictures) and put in it -: Dear Santa, We have been really good boys this year. We sometimes fight but only a little bit. We are going to write another letter soon but wanted to ask, if you could please bring our new brother or sister something this christmas so that we can give it to him/her in July. If we wait till next Christmas, it will be too late. Thank you Santa. Luv ds and ds xo
    Then popped it in an envelope with Santas details on the front. When we got to mums/inlaws we just went, 'the boys have written a letter to Santa, have a read, its really cute' or something like that. It has worked so well. Have found it a really wonderful way to announce and just seeing the faces drop when they get to a part that it actually clicks - lol.
    Anyway just thought I'd share. xo

Well i have just brought a t-shirt for bubba on ebay that says "If you think im gorgeous you should see my uncle" to give to my brother when we tell him soooo excited about telling him he will be so funny about the whole thing.. I got a size that will fit him/her over summer yay soo excited about getting it...

DisGirl - love it!

Koby

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12