Thread: Decaf ok??????.....

Question Decaf ok??????.....

I know coffee is a no-no which is the thing I'm craving the most...... Mainly because I can't have it but I'm wondering about decaf - no caffeine so should be ok???? Then I can pretend to get my hit every day at least?!!!!
    Thanks!

its fine tan!! your allowed a ceratin amount a day of caffine, whether it be coffee chocolate etc... i'll just check for you, be back in a min...

ETA my book says up to 300mg a day when pregnant whci seems a lot...
    instant coffee has 80mg of caffine
    decaf 3mg
    cola drink 40mg
    hot choclate 10mg
    30g chocolate 5mg

HTH!!

Thanks hun!! I completely forgot about caffeine in chocolate - and I eat COPIOUS amounts every day!!! Ah well - looks like my little cup of decaf doesn't compare really!
    300mg does sound like alot -although lots of people say 1-2 cups of reg coffee a day is ok, I just want to stay on the safe side, and being past 13 weeks now Im happy to drink one a day!
    Thanks again!

i remember once the m/s dissapeared i restricted myself to one cup of normal coffee a day, was hard i tell you!! but i soon got used to it. from memory there is something in decaf that actually makes normal coffee safer, cant remember what it is, something to do with the precessing of it?

Ah yep they use all sorts of nasty chemicals to process it I think! MIght stick to one normal and if I need another "hit" I can fake it with decaf!!

Tan I drink the decaf but I buy ones that are processed using a water process rather than chemical (there are a fair few of these around) bnut I still try to limit just for my own benefit and yes if not having decaf tend to limit to one per day

Thanks Jaspen - how do you know if they are water/chemical processed?? I got the Moccona one and thats what we have at work too?

I have a weak latte most days.. couldn't live without it.... My DH calls it a hot milk drink with a wave of coffee flavour, but it does the trick for me.
    The rest of the day if I want a hot drink I use herbal teas.
    I think a cup of coffee a day should be fine.

i know at one stage they were advertising it on the container - i know nescafe was water processed. i now have a coffee machine so use ground blend rather than instant and use vittoria as they are water decaffenated also (again big letters on container tell me this LOL). I can't remember about moconna although drank it with pregnancy number 1 before I realised there was an issue with decaf and everything was fine. so maybe just look on the bottle and see whether it says water decaffinated somewhere - else maybe they have a customer enquiries number you could ring???