Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did you find out the sex of your baby, and they were wrong!!!

Tanya, That U/S pic looks like a boy to me

Tanya

Well, I was having a 'boy' with my first pregnancy and out came a girl!!! Yep, it was a bit of a shock. She didn't have a name for 12 hours!!! I hadn't done the whole boy thing and because I have seen sooooo many boys come out girls and vice versa I kept a fairly open mind.

It does depend on the expertise of the operator, the machine they use and of course the position of the baby. Baby girls have very prominant and swollen vulvas that have very often been mistaken for a penis and scrotum on ultrasound...

The only way to know with absolute certainty is amniocentesis or cvs - or of course to have the absolute joy of opening that little pair of legs at birth and taking a peek!!!

3forme Guest

I found out with Both my babies and will this time as well and they were right boy then girl but i was told more mistakes are made saying it's a girl and it is in fact a boy then visa versa but with the new 3D scans they are supposed to be very accutate

Wow! Had no idea my thread would get this much of a response. I was PML at the replies- teers were coming to my eyes!! That was so funny, thanks for the good laugh!

BTW I also forgot to mention - The sonographer zoomed in on the genitals (of my Boy) paused the recording and pointed out the lines that indicated a "girl".

You bet I got a suprise when he was delivered. I tell you what though, it was the best feeling in the world getting the unexpected - a true suprise.

My advice would be to people finding out the sex of their unborns - to keep your reciepts for everything that you buy!!

Wow.. i hope theyre not wrong with us. I have heaps of boy things! We were told its definately a boy, and from the scan well you couldnt miss it! They gave us a dvd of the scan and i have gone over it a million times with the pause button.. but still i hope what we are seeing is his w*lly!
    But, weve kept the receipts just in case

goldilocks Guest

OMG I had no idea that they got it wrong so often! :eek: DH and I definitely want to find out so we can start buying baby things accordingly. But what if they get it wrong?!!

Is it a lot more accurate if you have one of those 4D scans done rather than just an ultrasound?? We'd love to have one of those done and I've heard that they are quite accurate in telling the sex of the baby.

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

Tulip, I can't find any U/S pics on your home page? I have looked everywhere.... I think

allyfield Guest

Well I had my 20 week scan 2 weeks ago and the sonographer said probably GIRL! I hope she is correct because we would love a little girl to complete our family but if it is a boy we will still be happy. Thinking of later on down the track to ask my OB to do a scan in his office to double check.

I have another scan at 32 weeks, i would be devestated if it shows a boy & not a girl for me!

DD was predicted at the scans as a girl

sonographer even!

I think quite a furore has errupted!!!
    I would like to say that if an ob does your ultrasound and says it is a particular sex and feels quite sure about that it is more likely that you will get what you are told you are having...

Once you get further on past the 28 week mark it can be more difficult to tell the sex on ultrasound as there is less room and your baby is more likely to not show her bits just due to the space issue.

I am not sure about the 3D ultrasounds. It makes sense to me that they would more easily show gender but that is only an opinion and I don't really know...
    I guess a good rule of thumb is to say okay it's looking like XY but it could be XX and be open to either...

I know a lady whom bled throught her entire surprise pregnancy. They had decided to not have kids, but she became very ill & found out 5 months later that she was almost 15 wks preg!!! but then she began bleeding & so weekly had scan, internal, external etc, including 3D! They were told it was a boy at everyscan, with all different sonographer/scanologists, at hospital, at US places & her Ob's rooms.... then she began at 38wks (I was gonna try to spell haemoraging) but instead will use bleeding profusely, so they did an emergency C/S... Out came a... GIRL!!!!!!
    Her DP was so gobsmacked & said had he not been present for the C/S he would have asked where his baby really was coz it was a boy!!!
    They have had 3 more babies since (so much for not wanting kids!) they have not asked gender ever again!!!

We asked with Indah & were told a guess would be 60% girl... She was a girl, but next one I am definately not even asking!!!!

I saw this baby's boy bits on 3D.
    It was very clear and I don't think there is any doubt he's a boy....I would think the 3D shots would be fairly accurate (as long as they clear, which many of them are not....)

Yeah, its not the best pic but too me its a boy. If you look to the bottom right of the pic you can see it sticking out.

Kate - Its fun isn't it. Have you tired any old wives tales?

What do you want? ODn't say a healthy baby! LOL I think everyone "wants" something...

You girls are funny, lol.
    We never found out before although kinda new or expected DD#4 to be a girl due to the ....sonographer having a little slip. This time we decided to find out and was told and saw with my own eyes that bub is definitley a boy. Although I am beginning to panic that the are wrong and he will come out a she. The sex of the baby doesn't really bother us its just that this is my first winter baby and I have gone out and bought and washed Boy (with trucks and planes with navy and green being the prominent colours) winter clothes. I have nothing left of baby girl clothes as I gave them all to my cousin (wouldn't be a problem to borrow them back), but all my girls were 'summerry' babies, I have no winter girl clothes. I'm getting scared. Very hard to not get excited about having a boy after four girls and I really hope that if he comes out a girl, I won't be resentful, although I think I'll be O.K cause I do keep it at the back of my mind that they do get it wrong. Oh well we'll find out very soon won't we, lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast