Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you find out the sex of your baby, and they were wrong!!!

Default Did you find out the sex of your baby, and they were wrong!!!

DH and I found out at 7mo that we were having a "GIRL" but when bubs was born it was a "BOY" . We were so overjoyed with having a baby due to our problems of conceiving that the sex of the baby did not bother us either way, but we wanted to find out as we just couldnt wait!!! Luckily we didnt buy any girly stuff!! And i actually decorated the room more boyish!!!
    Has anyone else had the opposite to what they were told they were having? Would you bother to find out again next time?

They told my mum I was a boy.

I think Lucy had this, she was told with her first that they were having a boy and out came Olivia. I had my scan today & was told 80% chance she is a girl... so we are happy because we have Matilda's girly things & can buy a few new things that are more unisex for this baby.

Yeah I've heard of it a fair bit. We were careful not to go too boyish with things we bought just in case. But of course I couldn't resist SOME blue things

At least a girl can wear Blue but Pink on a boy??

ETA: oops!
    Last edited by *Efjay*; June 7th, 2006 at 02:23 PM.

LOL did you mean pink on a boy? hehehe

looking back at our scan video... it was VERY obvious! But I couldnt see it at the time. I kept asking my OB if it was still a boy too LOL. Coz he did a mini u/s each visit.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

If she could acutally point out the penis and the scrotum then she's probably right Tanya.

We found out that we were having and boy and he came out a boy. We bought mostly neutral stuff anyway but did have a few boy things. If we have a girl next time we are still going to use for her some of Jonah's things, Ben always says there's nothing wrong with girls wearing blue.

LOL I have been saying the same thing about Girls wearing blue.
    I have said that it doesn't matter if I dress my little girl in blue, I know she has pink bits LOL

mooshie Guest

ummm my dd wears her brothers train and truck pj's lol - i figure why bother buying more when his old ones are in perfectly good condition.

i can probably only get away with it for the next few months tho - cause she is starting to become a bit more "girly" lol

goldilocks Guest

I can't wait to find out whether we're having a son or a daughter!

It would certainly be a shock to think you were having a boy and to in fact have a girl, or vice versa :eek:

IMHO, the only way you can tell the sex of a newborn (apart from the obvious) is by the colour of the clothes they're wearing! Or maybe I just haven't been around babies enough! LOL

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

I think I dress Tallon in obvious boy clothes.. but people still ask 'it's a boy?' LOL. I guess it's embarressing for them if they get it wrong so they question just to make sure.

Sal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip
    Oooh im a bit nervous now! At our scan the scanologist actually pointed out...
    that is so funny

Our OB told us at 14 weeks he was 80% sure this baby was a girl. I didn't bet the farm on it because he didn't show me and I have to see with my own eyes to believe it. And it was also very early to be making the call anyway.

Found out last week at my anatomy scan she is actually a boy - very definitely a boy . I can't wait to tell my OB at my appointment in the morning

I think alot depends on where you have your scan, and the ability of the person doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip
    scanologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal
    that is so funny
    Its a snographer isn't it?

Its ok Tulip, I had no idea what they were actually called untill this pg.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I agree Flea, the woman who did my ultrasound was actually a Dr and she said that she was pretty sure but didn't want to guarantee it just in case. But she was totally right

Sal Guest

Oh I didn't mean to poke fun, I'm sure Tulip knows what the official term is, I just love the sound of scanologist!

Maybe they should be scanologists.. after all.. we all knew what she meant!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast