Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did you know

Just remember Rae if you fancy a milkshake from Wendy's ask for normal ice cream in it.

Aww Rae that so wasn't my intention at all. I wasn't meaning to scare anyone, but would prefer that the info is out there.

Kelly actually has all the info about Listeria on the main BellyBelly website under the Pregnancy Articles section.

Love

I have completly over looked the whole soft serve being a no no! Oh well, I obviously didn't get sick! I haven't had heaps through this pg but Mmmmmmmm Flake shakes!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL I wil have a Lge Flake shake with EXTRA Flake! The Mega choc shakes are pretty good too!

When I was pg with Nicholas, ~Matthew~ and Declan I avoided soft serve ice cream like the plague. I just feel its better to be safe than sorry.

We just get the little cup cones from woolies or bilo, and buy the huge bucket of icecream there,,and the kids think these are better than Macas soft serves , as they can have their own sprinkles, marshmellows, topping etc on it, and it doesnt melt as quickly either.
    Plus, if you love your flakes, why not buy a milkshake maker (they are not very dear at all), and make your own milkshakes, and add your own flake girls??, that way you KNOW what goes in,,,,and more importantly, what doesnt??,,,plus, you can have them anytime of the day that your cravings demand lol

Now I have tried this! The icecream & flakes got used up so quickly! Its all we ate & drank till there was none left to make anymore!

LOL Fiona I know that feeling..... I would just eat the flake too without the icecream

Love

I was a super food freak when it came to my twin pg. I never ate anything that was on the 'no no' list. used natural cosmetics, or drink anything diet or caffee.
    My twins were born early and my son had an abnormality with his bladder etc.
    If i had eaten anything that I should've I would be blaming myself for what happened. So the fact that I know that I did all the right things means that my conscious (sp) is clear.
    Just my thoughts

Yeh I think the main danger to the baby is when it still hasn't been born. I read something about listeria affecting the placenta which is probably where the danger comes from. It was something to do with the listeria found the placenta a great place to live and multiply and this study was suggesting maybe this causes the body to reject the placenta or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Flowerchild View Post
    In all of the recent info I have on Listeria there have been no reported cases of transmission via breastmilk. So, I would feel quite safe in saying this is one thing you can strike off your worry list. However, of course if you want to be ultra ultra careful then keep steering clear of risky foods.

It has to be said though Listeria would be unlikely to greatly harm a breastfeed baby. Breastfeeding offers a level of protection that is profound. It is VERY unusual for a fully breastfed baby (living in clean conditions as we do in Aust) to get gastro type illnesses. Essentially LIsteria is a type of food poisoning and is not a contagious illness as such.

I found out Monday that I am pregnant (only just, almost 5 weeks)- this was an unexpected positive result. Therefore I don't know too much about foods to eat and not eat due to that Listeria. I haven't had a chance to buy any books yet, but I have read a few websites and the articile on belly belly. This may seem a little silly (but I'd rather ask, then stew and panic myself) - I have some meetings over the next few days, where I have to purchase lunch in a shopping centre food court (i'm not exactly sure what's there, but know theres the usual Macca's, KFC, Subway). As I want to do everything in my power to help this pregnancy - what do you reakon would be the safest food to go with, or what foods should I avoid? Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12