Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

Kirsten -- dumb question but why would witch hazel be good w ice? What does it do? And the salt bath -- is that just for relaxation? You have to book especially into the bath?
    I am def going to order everything I can think of. I already have champagne chilling ...

Ros -- we have bought a Phil+Teds and many of my g'friends have it and love it! Of course I don't know anything about it as I just took it out of the box the other day and it took DH ages and a minor tantrum to put it together ... LOL

Ella -- I go to Fit to Deliver and I LOVE it. I don't do much else though ... a bit of walking. Preggie Bellies is meant to be excellent though. I am thinking that I am going to give the CAulfield Yoga School classes a go soon ... can't now because of SO many commitments! How can someone with NO social life be busy every night?? Anyway they have preg classes Wed day adn Thurs eve and also I know there is that yoga place on Glenferrie -- Yoga zone possibly?? They have Tues classes ...

Don't know that I have really focused too much on the baby coming out! I am pretty happy with it in there. Although I have to say that I really am feeling very very heavy and it is hard. How much bigger can I get?

Anyway 33 weeks ... single digits to home time .... WOW
    Do you have to be a member of the Breastfeeding Ass to do these classes?
    Has anyone else done stuff w them?
    Sounds good -- I want to go there and get measured as well.

nox - oh yeah, i took down the Caulfield School of Yoga's phone number once but never got around to calling them!! i know what you mean about having no social life but STILL seeming to be too busy to do anything!! yeah, Yoga Zone is on Glenferrie Rd, i think it might be upstairs in that complex which is behind the car park directly behind Dennis' rooms.. oh, looks like there are lots of options for me now, can't procrastinate with the exercise any longer!! i looked up Birth Ready and like the look of their Stretch & Relax classes (thurs in Box Hill). once i stop working i might start going to those... not that enthused about driving to Box Hill, but the classes are 2 hrs which makes it worth it...
    yes, you need to be a member of the Breastfeeding Association to attend the classes. it's $50 for a years membership, and then the class only costs $20 on top of that (for you and your partner) - bargain! there is a class on in our area in August that might suit you - i think it was the 11th Aug? the details are on their website..

Nox: Witch hazel is an anti inflammatory and is good for reducing the swelling after you've had the baby. Not something you want to think about now, but just keep it in mind Salt bath is for relaxing as well as bathing your swollen bits. You don't need to book it, just ask them on day 3 if they don't offer it.

We had champagne chilling and even took it into the delivery suite - it's still in the fridge 5 months later

DO the breastfeeding classes - I didn't and I wish I did, although I don't know how much attention I would have paid to them at the time - I was so focussed on the actual birth, which is actually the easy bit....for me I found breastfeeding very hard - I had inverted nipples so ended up with lots of pain and cracking but am proud to say that I persisted through it (and went to the cabrini breastfeeding clinic - you get a full lunch again!!) and am still feeding like a pro now!

Ros & Nox: I have the Phil and Teds and LOVE it!!! It's a great pram! Easy to fold up not too heavy and easy to manouver and great for off road adventures - we go walking in the park when Quinn won't go to sleep and the pram holds up really well.

Kirsten i have had the official test of my pram today and i have to say i love it! I though nothing would come close to my bugaboo but i have to say that is better!!

I am feeling really horrible today myh boys are such brats at the moment they were so horrible at the shops i just wanted to crawl into something and hide!!! Can't wait for school to start!

Thanks Kirsten -- although you are right ... don't want to think about sore bits yet! So the BF classes are good for us who haven't got baby with us to practice?
    I will look on the site, Ella for that class. I keep meaning to go in there ... *sigh*
    When do you finish work? I will let you know about the yoga when (if??) I actually go. I will prob start w the Caulfield one because there is one on Thurs morning (I finish work at the end of July). I just can't wait to finish ... I am thinking about going less days the next 2 weeks ... otherwise it is all too hard!

Thanks girls, am taking ferocious notes on what to ask for when!

Relle - my prediction is thst you are going to into labour on a Thusday lets hope it's today!!!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Hi girls,

I am still here and no movement at the station yet.

Just feeling very tired and not much energy! I promise I will let you know when he finally decides to make an entrance!!!

Nox: I think it would be good to do the BF classes - but only if you think you'll be able to take it in - another good thing to do is to constantly ask the midwives to come in and help when you've had the baby, I thought I had it right from the beginning and didn't ask to be shown - even though I had very grazed nipples, a few of the midwives offered help and came in and sat with my while I fed but a week after I got home I was expressing and feeding with a bottle because my nipples were cracked and bleeding, I went to the BF clinic at cabrini which was the best idea EVER! but that was 5 weeks later. So if you think you'll take it in at the BF classes then go but if you are more focussed on labour like I was then you might not...if I had my time over I would have done the class anyway. And on the sore bits...not something to even worry about. I remember worrying about all sorts of things that turned out to be no big deal in the end anyway

Ros: Go Phil & Ted!!! Hope your boys are giving you a rest today! My small boy spent most of yesterday whinging, you know that not quite crying cry? I think he has more teeth coming through - has all of the other signs, except for signs of a tooth! Today i am exhausted and would like to crawl into the thing you mentioned the other day and hide for the whole day today!

HI everyone, just another quick update to let you know that there is STILL no movement at the station yet!

I went in for a quick monitor this arvo as his movements had slowed down quite a bit in the last 24 hours, but all is well and back we go to the waiting game!

I hope everyone else is well and all of the bubs are cooking away nicely.

Oh Relle, you are a hero by this time i would banging on Dennis's door and say bloody induce me!!!! hehehehe.

Go girl hope you go in soon.

Glad to hear everything was OK after monitoring.

Your bub is certainly cooking away nicely lol!!

You are being very patient and I hope you haven't pulled out all your hair yet. Hopefully not too much longer to wait.

Good luck hun!

Wow darling! Well, certainly will be ready when he finally shows his face!! Well done to you in being so calm about it.

Good luck to you my dear! Hope he leaves his comfy home soon!
    xx

You Super Trooper!!
    So impressed with you.

Hey Relle!

have been thinking of you a lot lately - seems that your little boy has made himself VERY comfy in his little habitat - he will be well and truly "well done" by the time he arrives!!

Glad to hear that he is so healthy, and well done for being so patient with him!! this little creep better not leave me waiting too long - i fear i don't have the same patience levels and might get quite put out!! i'm trying to think of my due date as Oct to try and avoid frustration, but i'm not doing a very good job of tricking myself!!

btw, i have FINALLY started a web page to upload photos to - there are only a couple of photos there at the moment, but hopefully i'll start to add more photos when i'm on maternity leave. my last day is this fri and then i'm heading over to hang out with my family in perth for a few weeks (last-minute plan, but a good one i think!!). i've booked a flight over there, but haven't booked one home yet - will see how much fun i'm having and might stay anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks.. then i'll be home and be able to get stuck into my nesting - he he he!!

hope you're all well, and hang in there relle!

Hi girls,

Nup, no news still here and starting to get very emotional on a daily basis now, swinging from wanting to be induced, to being patient. I rang to make an appt this week this morning and could not get in till Thursday, so needless to say that set off another bout of tears.

My back and hips have been getting a bit worse again over the last 2 days, so I might have to think about another trip back to the chiro for some treatment too.

well that is me for today, will head off and try to think of something to do that is distracting, we are thinking about going for a drive, cause clearly there is no labour happening soon!

sorry relle - lots of hugs!!
    try and enjoy your drive today, and hopefully you will meet dennis in cabrini before your scheduled appointment in his rooms on thurs... i hope that all of these weeks of pre-labour tightenings, etc mean that you'll have a speedy and relatively comfortable labour at least... i'm trying to find the silver lining!!
    lots of hugs!!

How frustrating for you Relle.....sending you lots of positive labour vibes

Oh Relle hope that you are enjoying your drive! It is a beautiful day for it. Good luck on Thurs w Dennis -- you are being amazing about all this. Lots of hugs to you my dear!!!

Ella -- wonderful to go visit fam and to be finishing work soon!! I have another week after this one *alas* then hopefully only 4 weeks till DD, but then, as Relle is reminding us, who knows really ...
    Are you doing the breastfeeding class 11 Aug? If so, we'll meet there! I think I am about to book us in as well!

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast