Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

Default A new member

Hi everyone.

I have been reading this thread for months and it convinced me that once I fall pregnant I will most likely hop on the Dennis Price bandwagon.

This morning I went to the GP and got the confirmation - I am pregnant. I called Dennis' rooms and made an appointment for September.

I have a quick question - and this may seem stupid. I had worked out that I was around 3 weeks into the pregnancy - but the receptionist at Dennis' office said I was 5 weeks. My last period started 16 July. Can anyone offer any advice? And yes she is certainly gruff! Thank god I had read your posts and was prepared for that.

It is all very exciting. Also, what happens from here. If I am 5 weeks already and I don't see Dennis until 10 September - is that getting a bit late? I have no idea what is meant to happen.

Thanks.

Yep if your last period was the 16th July then you are 5 weeks. They start counting from your last period not from when you conceive so you are actually 2 weeks pg before you even conceive!

Really? No wonder I am getting it wrong. I thought you counted from time of ovulation. I really do have some reading to do!

Thanks

Forgot to add - 10th September is normal for your 1st appointment, you see Dennis when you are 8 weeks and he gives you the forms for your u/s and b/t which you have at around 12 weeks. Did the receptionist ask you which hospital you wanted? This needs to be decided asap to make sure that you can get in.

I have also chosen Dennis partly based on the feedback from this site! He is very nice and has a very gentle manner although he seems to laugh at me alot! But then I do say some stupid things when I see him LOL! My DH just looks at me as if I am smoking wacky tabacky or something! Very odd.

My first pg did not go so well and he was very understanding / compassionate and flexible when it came to having the D&C cause I was in a bit of shock that it had all gone wrong and couldn't decide when to have the D&C. He did it on a Saturday for me even though we found out on the Monday that it needed to be done. He just fit in with what was comfortable for me. The great thing also was that this time he let me have a scan at 8 weeks so that if there was something wrong we could do something sooner which made me feel a whole lot better.

I am sure you will like him!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You will love him!! He's great! He has a very dry sense of humour. I like the 2 weeks pregnant that you get for free too

Welcome MarknJo AndKatiegirl!

You will love him, he is sucha nice OBS.

I get to see him tomorrow, and best of all i get to see my little boy tomorrow at my scan! yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ella and NOx OMG has it gone so quick, how exciting for you girls!!!!

Re what to wear at hospital i am like Relle n ot a PJ person i felt there was no need to wear them. You can get some really nice trackie pants at Peter Alexander, and some funky tops.

I am soooo busy wow it's just boy hectic at my home but i wouldn't have it any other way, tonight i will be kid free cause i have to go to the hairdresser cause my regrowth is a couple of inces!!! ururururgh i have that Madonna look which i want to be gone!!!! So hubby has got them, i already cooked the Roast Chicken and some Vegies, so he is all set, (so organised ain't i) Relle now all about this, when you have 3 kids you can't just whip something up at last minute.

Nothing new from me just that i am so busy and ir eally think we should do a get together!!! Girls, we have to hurry up before our beautiful heavy pregnant ladies have their babies

Katiegirl - congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to our "I love Dennis" group. Well done on reading this thread before deciding on your OB, should give you a great intro into what Dennis is like. Even better you were pre warned about Linda! Which hospital are you planning on?

Marknjo - congratulations and welcome to you too. Sorry to hear your first pregnancy did not go well. I think we are all guilty of saying/asking stupid things at his office, he has that affect on us lol!!!

Ros - PML about the Madonna look!!!! Sounds like mine at the moment, I go religioulsy every 8 weeks, but couldn't go last Friday. Had to rebook for this Friday, can't wait to get rid of the nasty regrowth! The hairdressers is my luxury, sitting for a few hours reading all the trash mags and drinking copious amounts of coffee!! Have fun tonight, relax and enjoy it. You are so organised with dinner and a roast too, well done. How exciting with your scan tomorrow, make sure you let us know how you go. Would love a get together, I am free usually Monday, Wed and Friday.

Thanks - I am very excited to be joining the Dennis Club.

I was asked regarding hospital and I said Cabrini. We are going to do a tour this Wednesday. I have read that Frances Perry has baths which can be of great use during labour. Which do you all think is the better option?

Katiegirl - most girls here went to Cabrini and after visiting Relle there, it is beautiful! I am sure they can fill you in more about their experiences. Don't know anyone that has been to Frances Perry so can't help you there. I had both girls at Waverley Private and was really happy there. Good luck with your choice.

cabrini has a bath too. It's a great hospital! i don't know if dennis delivers at FP...????

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Wello hello again lovely ladies and a very big Hello and Welcome to Marknjo and Katiegirl!! Congratulations on joining the "I love Dennis Club!"

My little man is screaming himself silly in bed at the moment as he is soooooo overtired from our out and abouts today, so I had better make it a quick one!

Yep I have to rate Cabrini and say it is fantastic all the way, and yes it does have a bath and no, Dr D does not deliver at FPH. Katiegirl - you will loveeee Cabrini, gorgeous hossie, awesome food and the midwives are all really lovely as well.

ohhhh you girls looks stunning always - not like this frumpy mum over here who hasn't been to the hairdressers in ages!!! It seems no one else is lactating at the moment to feed the 5 week old! lol

I have just put Roast Lamb in the oven, and you are spot on Ros, 3 and more and making dinner at tea time is impossible, beauty of the roast, get it all in the oven cooking and you are 3/4 there. Have an awesome time hun, I am so envious. I HAVE to get my eyebrows waxed before my 6 week check up next week, and my waxer is in Frankston, so I am desperate to get there and have another "tidy up"

Woooohoooooo the "I love Dennis Club!"

HA! I haven't been to the hairdressers since November last year!! I WIN!!

Hello ladies!

Just thought I had better check in. It has really been a very hectic week.
    I am STILL pregnant though. I was so desperate to have this baby over the weekend just gone but obviously it hasn't happened, so now I am over it! haha

My Dad has had surgery and is now fine so that is a load off. He should leave hospital on Wed. He is very relieved of course that I didn't have the baby yet!

It is very funny but for a couple of says or so, I don't 'feel' pregnant. Does that make sense? I can feel the little one frolicking around like a lunatic so I know all is fine, but I don't feel so big and heavy and awkward -- although trust me, I look it!
    Hmmm .... what could that mean?

Anyway hope everyone and the new girls are all well. Sent good birthing vibes!

The lightening!
    I read some stuff about the lightening. Can't remember what it's all about though, I can't remember if i felt it, I did feel really good though the few days before labour. And wonderful while I was in labour!

*sending lovely labour vibes*

Ahhh Kirsten you give me hope!!!!!!!!!
    That is great. I feel surprisingly good -- although I have had naps over the weekend. I am up all hours doing washing and chasing my cat around the house for stray hairs ...!! Could the end be neigh???????

Ha ha ha ha Oh I remember the days!!!
    I IRONED the cot sheets, and then complained that I couldn't the the creases out ENOUGH!! I was on the verge of taking the sheets to a dry cleaners to have them steam pressed!!!!! Oh to have that kind of time now!!

Hi All,

Well we had our 12 week scan on Thursday last week and all is well. Both DH and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off our shoulders and now we can really enjoy the pg!

We got what I think is a good score on the NT scan. Dr D said it was a good score so I trust him! The first figure which I think was the scan only or maybe the blood test only was 1:970 and the combined figure was 1:10800 so we are very pleased.

Now all the fun starts with shopping, shopping and more shopping!

Whooo hoooo marknjo (am I to assume that you are Jo?) Wonderful news for you both!!! That's a brilliant score, I didn't even end up getting my score. I was just excited to see the baby at ultrasound!

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast