Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

Congratulations Nox and DH on the arrival of Dylan.

What a wonderful Fathers Day pressie too! Wow, 25 hours is a long one and can't wait to hear all about it.

Relle - congrats on another birth, I bet you were pretty awesome too!!!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Girls, I can't tell you how much of an amazing job Nox did, It was really hard slog for her and she did it like an absolute champ, so I hope she comes on and posts details for you when she is up to it.

Dylan is such a little cutie, bit hard to tell who he looked like last night, but will get another good look at him tomorrow and will report back on how they are all doing. Dad was absolutely smitten with his Fathers Day pressie - awwwwww the best bit of this job!

Ella - the bed situation was ace - she was in delivery for the whole day on her own and straight into a Private room this morning, so she timed it to perfection!

ooh, sounds like she managed the bed situation perfectly!! i was a bit put out when i went to my antenatal class a few weeks ago and the midwife said that we should expect to share a room for at least the first night... what the??!! when i made enquiries at the beginning of the year (when choosing a hospital) i was told that i may need to share a room if it was REALLY busy, but that would be a very rare occurence, and would be for a maximum of one night... seems like they've changed their tune...

went to see Dennis today and was told that everything is in position and i could go into labour at any time - woo hoo!! i don't think there will be any action in the near future, but good to hear that everything is looking good none-the-less... 19 sleeps to EDD... he he he!!

Ella: Hooray! those, everything is ready to go meetings are fun...he used to say to me "I'll see you next week, if not before!" with that little glint he gets in his eye.

Re: Epi-no, I got to about 8 1/2 cms and that was a hard slog. I ended up with only a tiny tear and 2 stitches...I would keep going with the epi-no if you can...but I agree that 10 looks like it's not doable....of course you will be doing it in labour Re: sharing rooms, if you are lucky you won't be sent down to the paediatric ward which is very noisy, I spent my first night there, after spending the whole day in the delivery suite after delivering the night before, it is a real joy to get into a private room after that and I got a fruit basket and champagne for my troubles!

Gotta go Quinn wants to play

Hi all. I am booked in for my first appointment with Dennis next Monday. Just wondering what happens at this first meeting? I was hoping my husband would be able to come along but he can't get off work early that day - will he miss out on much?

Also wondering about what pre-natal exercise to do. I am looking into Preggi Bellies. I have been doing Pilates for a while now - but looks like I would have to do private classes to keep it up during the pregancy and they are horrendously expensive. Any suggestions for a replacement?

Getting excited about finally meeting Dennis. I think this pregnancy will feel 'real' after that. I haven't really had any morning sickness etc, just occasional nausea when I look at some foods etc.

Katiegirl: yay for booking in! First appointment not much happens, if you have any questions he will answer them, he will feel your tummy and take your blood pressure and then give you the thing to get the ultra sounds and blood tests. Your husband won't miss much unless he has some questions. I was worried that I would have some sort of internal examination in the first meeting but you don't have one until the baby is coming out, so no need to worry about that

Exercise? You're so good...I didn't do much at all! lazy lazy tired one I was...

Gotta go again!
    GOod luck

Hi Katiegirl,

Yay you get to finally go to your 1st appt! Bummer that DH cannot go. At the first appointment it is really just an introduction to Dennis, he gives you your ultrasound forms, asks if you have any questions or concerns, he has a feel of your belly to see how things are going, checks blood pressure but apart from that not much else happens. If DH cannot make it to the 1st appt, then definitely see if DH can make it to the 12 week appt which you have after your scan as it is good for him to meet Dr D and also a lot of what he said to me went in one ear and out the other as I was worried about things going wrong, so it helps to have DH there because he will remember everything that you don't!

Can't answer question about pre-natal exercise because I haven't even thought about it yet! I am still playing hockey and training for it 2 nights a week so until the season finishes will not be looking at any extra exercise but I will be reading what others have to say so I know what to do when hockey finishes!!

My pg didn't feel real until I had the scan and saw bub but hopefully you will feel more pg once you have seen Dr D!

I am the same as you in regards to m/s, no vomiting here just nauseous when it comes to red meat and weetbix!

I was just on the Cabrini website and saw that you should be doing pre-natal classes between 12 & 20 weeks. I hadn't even thought about it yet and am 14 weeks. I suppose I had better ring and book in. I just assumed you would do it closer to your delivery so you don't forget!

Good luck for Monday - enjoy!

Hi Marknjo

I thought that Cabrini call you to organise your booking and book you in for pre-natal classes....at least that is what i thought they said when I did the tour. Good to know that doesn't happen - or else I would have been waiting a long time for them to call.

I am only 7 weeks so still a bit off having to do anything like that. I am thinking of doing Calmbirth with Diane Gardner - just need to look into it a bit more. Anything to make me feel more prepared for this pregnancy.

It is all very exciting. I have to keep it quiet still especially from work. I am off to a work conference this week, and am hoping no one gets suspicious about the no alcohol, seafood etc. I already have dietary intolerances, so am going to pass it all off as that.

katiegirl - i did preggi bellies for a while and didn't really enjoy it (lots of flailing of arms and legs).. if you like Step classes though then you'll probably enjoy them - it's sort of like Step on a ball!! your first class is free of charge anyway though, so may as well go along and give one a go and see whether you like it... i've been to classes in Albert Park, Elsternwick and Armadale. Elsterwick and Armadale are far nicer studios than Albert Park (the classes are just held in the creche there)...
    i have recently found some good pre-natal pilates classes in Brighton at a place called "Fit to Deliver" the classes are $22 for mat classes and $24 for reformer classes, and they are eligible to be claimed against your health insurance (if you have physio cover)... i think Nox goes there as well (think she might have put me onto them in the first place!!)...
    good luck with your first OB appointment!! my DH didn't come to my first appointment either. i made him come to the next one though (at 12 weeks) so that Dennis could tell him to stop being such a food nazi, and i wasn't going to kill the baby with the odd glass of champers!!

Jo - i went to my antenatal classes at Cabrini recently (at 34 and 35 weeks PG i think). everyone there was about the same gestation as me (and most probably even a week or two more!!). whatever you read might have been referring to the pre-natal physio consults which are apparently available. i was never offered any, but recently found out that they're available and should be offered to you when you go along at 14 weeks to fill out your booking forms...

Katiegirl - good luck with your first appointment. You'll love Dr D. My DH made all my initial appointments as it was too hard to do at work and came along to everything in the first pregnancy. It got to the point where I told him it was OK for me to go by myself!!! Don't worry, your DH won't miss much with the first app but like the others said, it would be better for him to go to the 12 week one. As for exercise, I did yoga with first pregnancy and absolutely nothing with the second (didn't have any time!!!). Just do whatever you feel you can do and what you have time for. Make sure you fill us in how your first app went.

Ella - PML about your DH being the food nazi!!! How are you travelling? Can't believe its your time soon.

Relle - did you visit Nox today, how is she doing?

So can someone please tell me what to expect with Cabrini. I am 14 weeks today and the only conversation I have had about the hospital is with Dr D when he asked where I wanted to go and then said he would get his receptionist to book it. Will they call me or do I have to call them to confirm the booking? I have not had to do any form of paperwork yet and I am starting to worry that maybe I am not booked in after all. Someone please put my mind at ease!

Jo, you are actually meant to call Cabrini in the 10th week to arrange an appointment to confirm your booking. Don't stress yet, just call Cabrini asap and ask to speak to the pre natal office to confirm your booking. Linda usually gives you a little slip at your first appt with the phone number and hours of the office. I think it is about 9.00 to 1.00. But if you ring the main number for Cabrini they will put you through.

There is an early physio class that is worth going to if you can and at your confirmation booking they usually book you in for your ante natal classes and

My DH came to my first appt with Dennis for No 1, and then the 12 week scan and 20 week scan, but especially with No 3 he only really came to the 20 week scan and appt with Dr D.

screami9ng kids will be back later to finish

Hi Relle, Thanks for the info. I just rang and they said I should have called between 10 and 12 weeks to confirm but everything is ok and I am booked in they had my name on the list! ... Thank god! Apparently I should have received a card so I don't know what is going on there. I just went into major panic mode but the heart rate is coming down again now!

jo - glad to hear that all is OK and you're definitely booked in!!

mel - i'm doing really well. feeling very comfortable still and not getting too impatient either (yet!!)... the only real reason i want the baby out ASAP is to minimise the stretch marks on my tummy which are multiplying daily (boo hoo!!).. but if that's my biggest issue then i guess i have nothing to whinge about!!

Sorry about that brief post, the boys were all screaming, needless to say concentration is difficult.

Mel - Nox is good, she is looking fantastic compared to the last time I saw her! lol It was so gorgeous to see her so in Love with her gorgeous little man, and what a wonderful mummy she makes!

I told her all the girls are very happy for her and send their congratulations!

I saw Dr D briefly yesterday too, I popped in to pay the bill and drop off a pressie for him and Linda was at lunch, so got to actually give it to him. I have to say it was very very interesting to see him from the other angle, all very bizarre really - but good bizarre! lol

Ella - it is getting so close hun! The count down is on for you, then to Ros! and now to Jo and Katiegirl, so who will be next????????????????

Well I am certain I won't be next! And you can all just call me Kate. Much easier.

I woke with a cold today, so have been grumpy at work all day. Plus I have to catch a long flight to Darwin tomorrow for a 3 day conference. Not looking forward to it.

Does anyone have any remedies besides Panadol. I was hoping to use Garlic and Horseradish tablets but the chemist said that the Blackmores site does not recommend it for pregnant women. Any suggestions?

Jo - glad your got your booking sorted. I had both girls at Waverley so can't help with Cabrini questions (I'm the odd one out here with all these Cabrini girls).

Ella - thats so great you are not at the "I'm over it" stage. Enjoy the remaining couple of weeks. I got lots of stretch marks with Chelsea and not many more with Marley. I religiously smothered myself with Palmers everyday and it didn't make one bit of difference, not to worry I was never bikini wearer anyway LOL!!!

Relle - thanks for keeping us updated about Nox. I can remember only too well, that feeling with the first baby and the overwhelming love for them.

Katie - colds seem so much worse when you are pregnant. I called Dr D when I had a cold while pregnant with Marley. I had a really bad head cold and blocked sinuses. He told me I could use Rhinocort nose spray, it worked a treat. Helped keep my nose unblocked. You can always ring him and ask his advice. Hope the flight goes well, you might be able to snooze all the way there.

hi all!

just thought i'd check in and let you know that there is nothing of interest to report from me yet!! am off to see Dennis tomorrow and am hoping that he offers me an internal to give me an indication of whether my cervix is getting in the mood!! have tried some self-examinations but am not sure that i'm actually feeling my cervix - my google-training doesn't seem to be sufficient experience to make me a cervical expert yet!!

have reached the stage of being fed up now though (and still have 12 days to EDD) so hope that there's some movement at the station soon..

kate - hope you're over your cold now!!

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast