thread: Drugs and Pregnancy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Joyce Guest

    Talking Vaccination and Pregnancy - Can I do both?

    I recently had an operation on 30/1/08 to cure my endometriosis

    I was given medication called Clomid to increase my chances of getting pregnant. However, I am currently sick and the doctor has given me anti-biotics (Amoxil) to take.

    Can I take both Clomid and antibiotics at the same time during my period? Will this affect the effectiveness of the medication?

    I am also currently studying Aged Care (Nursing) at TAFE.

    The blood test I took last weekend shows I need to be innoculated with
    the following vaccines before I can take the practical section of the course at a Hospital/Nursing home:


    Diphteria, Tetanus, Pertussis acellular (dTpa) vaccine

    Hepetitis B vaccine (Serology) My results were 145.20 so the Dr said I can take this next year.

    Influenza vaccine

    As I want to get pregnant as soon as possible, can I be innoculated with all the above and still take the Clomid fertility medication at the same time?

    Also, will being innoculated for the above cause any problems with pregnancy? How long should I wait after being vaccinated before getting pregnant.

    If I take the vaccinations next week and find I am already pregnant, will it affect the baby?

    I hope you reply to me as soon as possible as I am about to have my period and I need to start taking Clomid when I start my period.

    I am worried that if I need to take the vaccinations above, it will conflict with the Clomid medication/antibiotics and affect my health/chances of pregnancy.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jul 2008
    48

    Panadol Forte

    What category does Panadol Forte fall into. I think its 'A' but is it really ok to take? Have any of you mothers to be taken it during pregnancy?

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Dec 2005
    6,706

    Panadol, panadeine and panadeine forte are all category A.

    For generic brands - if it's paracetamol and/or codeine, it's fine.

    BW

  4. #4
    BellyBelly Professional Support Panel

    Nov 2005
    QLD
    3,068

    As BW said it is safe to take any form of panadol and/or codeine. Just make sure that you don't excede the reccomended dose. Also codeine can cause constipation

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Dec 2008
    12

    Drugs in pregnancy

    What about medicated nasal sprays i.e Dimetapp..... it says it contains Oxymotozoline and Hydrochloride.

    What category does that fall in?

  6. #6
    BellyBelly Professional Support Panel

    Nov 2005
    QLD
    3,068

    drugs containing Oxymetozoline Hydrochloride are a category c.
    However there have not been any adverse reactions to this drug if used for a short time.
    There is a possability that this drug can reduce the blood supply to the uterus