thread: Drugs and Pregnancy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Jul 2009
    Riding it out...
    4,959

    Hi Alan, Just wondering if you know what category Zofran is?

  2. #2
    BellyBelly Professional Support Panel

    Nov 2005
    QLD
    3,068

    Hi Willow
    Zofran is category B1

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Jul 2009
    Riding it out...
    4,959

    Thanks Alan

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Aug 2006
    Melbourne
    2,890

    Great thread! fantatsic Alan, saving the day again

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld
    14,682

    Umm what about Diazepam?

    Like... just taken once in the third trimester?

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    on the coast
    102

    Just wondering what category Naprosyn falls into?

    I am currently on it for a form of arthritis, I am not pregnant but we are thinking of starting to try for our second bub....

    Am heading to the GP to have a chat about this, but just thought I would see what info i get get here

    Many thanks....

  7. #7
    Registered User

    Dec 2005
    6,706

    Bugalug, NSAIDs are a no-go in pregnancy, so you will need to stop taking the naprosyn. Prednisone is ok.

    Is naprosyn the only thing used to manage your arthritis? Many other drugs are ok, but your options will depend on what form of arthritis you have. I have a rheumatoid arthritis and we found safe medications to manage it while I was pregnant, and I also had some remission of symptoms during pregnancy as well.

    BW