Thread: Ectopic pregnancy question

Default Ectopic pregnancy question

I wasn't sure where to put this but here it is. I found out I was pregnant last week, I have had brown mucousy discharge nearly every day for the last 2-3 weeks, never more than a 50 cent piece each day. I have been getting cramping as well for the last few days but never more than what my period would be like. I had the same cramping with Noah. I keep thinking I feel it on my left side but then I feel it on my right side too and then when I rest it goes away. Does this sound ectopic or am I freaking out too much and it is just a threatened m/c atm? My issue is that I am in Canada for the next 3 months with only emergency medical care and no money to pay for medical otherwise....

Oh the stress!!!

Sorry but I haven't had an ectopic PG, but with my previous m/c's they has discussed what generally occurs (in case they were)What they said if I did have an ectopic the pain will become unbearable (you'd know the difference) & you'd require emergency surgery. They said this pain would become apparent from around 6 weeks.

If it's not that painful yet, it could be a good sign. With this PG I had spotting at 3wk's & bleeding at 11.5 weeks, cramping was felt at 4.5, 7 & 11.5 weeks. Turned out to be a blood clot (that burst at 11.5wks) from where the placenta attached (irriation) itself to the wall of the uterus.

Sending you lots of sticky baby dust take care & rest and of course try not to stress

Hi LMS
    I had an ectopic late last year and the only syptom i had was dull aching in my left side which got extremely painful when i needed to pee (sorry TMI) i had no spotting or bleeding at all. If you can see if someone can monitor your HCG levels (just by blood test) as that is how i knew something wasnt right with me, they were low to start with climbed only a little, then dropped and finally went sky high. If you are more than 6 weeks they should eb able to do a transvaginal scan and see where the pregnancy is.
    I have to say though like you i had heaps of cramping with DS and i am currently 5 and abit weeks pregnant and having those cramps again, so you just never know. Good luck and i hope and pray you dont have an ectopic. please feel free to ask if there are any questions i can answer for you.
    Oh i just noticed you are eight weeks i think youd be having some very strong pain if it were ectopic but a scan would be the best idea if you have access to one!

Get a scan - it will clearly tell you if it is an ectopic or not. Good luck.

Thanks for the reassurance ladies!

I woke up this morning with no blood in my liner and my morning sickness came back so I see that as a promising thing. If I don't freak out earlier I think I will get a 3d scan at 12 weeks as that is only $130 over here although they can not tell me any medical related stuff. It sure beats $300 to see the doctor twice and get a 2d scan. I may pop into the doctor earlier to try for the heartbeat though. If only I still had my Canadian health insurance