Thread: Emotional Fits & Panic Attacks LOL

Default Emotional Fits & Panic Attacks LOL

Has any found themselves being totally irrational over things and getting really upset??? I'm not a crier - I don't cry and I'm normally quite controlled when it comes to my emotions.

I want to move before Em's here to be closer to my family as I'm quite isolated currently and living in a small unit. Last night I started looking for a new place to rent and then freaked out over money, then thought if I can't handle money how can I handle a baby which then led to me thinking I'm going to be a bad mother. So I was hyperventilating and crying and only calmed myself done by working out a budget etc (which was a good thing to do regardless) But I worked myself up into quite a frenzy LOL. Today I had a little chuckle at myself - you know 'pregnancy hormones' and felt better. Then tonight my Mum made a few comments about the rental I was looking at, then questioned whether I should get a dog or not and said a few other things... and I'm sitting here cying?!?! WTF?!?!? Even worse I walked into the kitchen to see the dishes I haven't done in 2 weeks and gone off on a mental tangent about how I can't even keep a house clean so how am I supposed to have a baby and then I just wanted to give up and hide under a rock!!! I mean really - I can even recognise that this is ridicoulous so why can't I stop it!!!!! I feel so stupid!!

And I think I've just realised that with almost everything now I'm comparing it to now and after Em's born. Up until this point I've been quite calm about being a mother and it's something I thought I'd be great at and was really looking forward to but these past few days... it all sonds so silly and I'll probably fine again tomorrow if not in 10 mins. I guess this is more of a vent then anything. Though it would be comforting to know if anyone else is having is having freak out sessions or emotional fits like this???

Hi Lea

Awww hun, a big comfy hug for you.
    I think just about every pregnant woman has gone through something like this at some point in her pregnancy. Those hormones running around your body can play nasty tricks with your mind. please try not to stress out too much. Just keep having them little chuckles at yourself.

I'm having exactly the same thing! DH & I had a massive fight... and it turns out it was all because my mind went off on a tangent which just terrified me. Hard to go into details.. he made a passing comment which then threw my mind into a spin, I made some comment back and he got angry at me for getting all defensive, I disappeared and had a bit of a cry, but then I thought he was giving me the silent treatment, and he thought I was giving HIM the silent treatment, but really I was just trying not to cry around him over such a silly thing, which then led to me feeling like I'm receiving no emotional support, how am I going to cope with the baby, am I going to have to do everything around the house.. will he be this cold and unfeeling with the baby.. etc etc. I had those stupid breathing spasms kids get when they've cried too much and I sooooo couldn't calm myself down. Then that was upsetting me coz I was worried about what this breakdown was doing to the baby... yada yada yada. Looking back it was the biggest misunderstanding and overreaction.

But I know what you mean about being aware of it as your doing it. That's what I was trying to tell DH. He -kinda- understands that, coz he has ADD and is aware of his behaviour and the way he's not concentrating when he has an 'attack' of the ADD's but cant help it.

I've also lost the plot after looking for prams one day. It made me completely doubt every decision I'm making for this baby, and I just lost it. DH was actually comforting in that little outburst tho thank goodness.

Hope it doesn't happen too often for you. But know that you're not alone!

*hugs* to you.

Lea!! dont worry you are definately not alone!!! I would bounce back from laughing to hysterical crying within minutes at times LOL. And i have always considered myself very emotionally controlled too. Just go with it, let your body release whatever it is trying to LOL. Trust me, you will go back to your normal self!!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Sounds completely normal to me!I also had it.Corey thought I was going crazy! :-k What till after bubs is born and the hormones are really out of whack, you'll find your even more irrational!!

Thanks so much guys!! I was really feeling crappy and I think its just comforting to know that its normal and other people have felt the same way!!

I think I just feel so much pressure to make the right decisions that it stresses me out more then it should!

Pietta Guest

Oh sweet it is so normal its funny. I was all over the shop when i was preg then as Kirsty said after i HAD Ryley i was probably worse for the first three months!!

We cant expect to be able to internalise such a huge event- our body has to deal wi th it some how and us becoming nutters when preg is just the normal way!!

I think i'd be worried if you said- oh im feeling great and hav never had a mood swing!!

I hear you! Although it is normal and you can see the sun shining on the other side of it once you are all cool calm, and collected again it makes you wonder why! My Answer.....who knows :-k I feel really silly when i know that i am in that state but just can't "fix" it. I think it might be a hormone release or something and that is the only way to get it out of your system. So don't feel alone, I am sure 95% of BB's have been there too

One day at a time - that's the only advice I can give you...let's just say I pretty much cried everyday for the first 7months - for what ever reason - I had to tell the people at work that I am fine just emotional - my office was like living in a fish bowl.

Now I still feel emotional but I realise that it's just hormones driving me bonkers - I cried yesterday at the beach because I was feeling really good and was having such a lovely day - Crazy I know but totally understandable given the circumstances....

Be kind to yourself and rest will fall into place

hugs

Di

As the other girls have said it is perfectly normal. Its just our hormones making our emotions do some crazy thing.

I know Rob sometimes wonders whats wrong with me.

Please try not to stress too much and I know you will be a fantastic mum to Emerson.

to you