Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expecting and still B/fng?

Wouldn't the toddler only be having maybe 1 or 2 feeds? Plus I read an article in Essence about someone feeding them at the same time and the great bond it creates. I think it's lovely Group Feed! LOL I'll never look at that emoticon the same now!

I'd actually look forward to having the toddler relieve the engorgement in the first few weeks while the milk is coming in. LOL.

Fire Fly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ivana_baby View Post
    I'd actually look forward to having the toddler relieve the engorgement in the first few weeks while the milk is coming in. LOL.
    I actually never thought of that aspect of it. Thats a really good point. It would certainly help things wouldnt it. Id say it would be very draining on the mum though still feeding two.

I cant remember how many feeds DD was having at that age but DS is 9 months and still feeding every 3 hours. I dont consider him a booby kid though, he just gets on has a drink then thats it take it away. His funny actually. He has only just started drinking water so id say in a few months his feeds will get extended abit. He can go for as long as he wants as far as im concerned. I wouldnt wean him if i did fall but i dont think id be comfortable with it.

I think its only going to be as draining as you let it. I mean as long as you rest up & eat well its not going to affect you any more then it would if you was only feeding 1 baby & not listening to your bodys needs KIWM?

Just wondering how everyone's going with b/f while expecting? I'm keen to follow some experiences so I know what to expect sometime next year (Providing Tallon is still feeding.. I hope he is!!)

Dunno if you've seen this thread Rae, but would love to know if Ella is still b/fing. Hope you're m/s isn't too bad

Hey Liz (still feel weird calling you Liz after you were Ivana_baby for so long LOL!),

I'm over 17w PG now, Kynan's nearly 17 months. He's still having 2 BF a day and doesn't look like giving them up anytime soon. In the last couple of weeks we dropped his nap time BF but he's been ready to do that for months now. It just got to the stage where, although he was still excited about it, the feed was only lasting a maximum of 2 mins and seriously it was like he was playing a game of twister while he was feeding... arms and legs going everywhere! So we've now added 125-200ml of rice milk per day to his diet and he's happy with that.

So far we haven't had any real problems with continuing to BF. I had sore nipples for a while there and I had to go back to paying close attention to his attachment but it seems to have eased up a tiny bit now (and it helps that he's only feeding 2 x a day). It's a little ouchy when he attaches for his feed first thing in the morning for some reason, but it's nothing major.

All the best for when you start TTC!

Fire Fly Guest

Well Liz, wish i could say im pg and still b/fng. The only part thats true is im still B/fng. DS still feeds at least every 3 to 4 hours. Even though he is on solids he still loves his drink. At least now i have af back so fingers crossed it all happens soon.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Kerrie - I was wondering how you were getting on! Damn the witch for rearing her ugly head!

I am coming up to ovulation now (next day or so) and am in the predicament of do I try or do I wait!!!!! I don't know what to do!!!!

Goodluck with this cycle hun, I will keep my that you get a this month!!!!

Fire Fly Guest

Thanks Relle, im sort of hoping it doesnt happen till December anyway cause then ill get my spring bub. We arent going to stop trying though, Lol.

And you need to go for it too . I think my attitude has changed alot since reading up on how your fertility drops the older you get. It made me think that even though i was so lucky with conceiving my two it may not be the case with #3. So just go for it!!
    Bring It On!!!!

Hi Kerrie - sorry sweets - only just saw this thread now!

You've raised an interesting question. Ella is only on 1 feed a day now...i just got too tired and sick with m/s for the arvo feed. She didn't even notice that i swapped it with arvo snacks as she loves feeding herself. The morning feed time is my favourite time of the day - such a special time for the two of us - so i'm definately in no rush to eliminate it. At this stage i think i'll just take it as it comes - but have thoughts to stop a few months prior to the birth of bub. Not really to give me a break but just to give Ella the time to get used to no breast. If she doesn't warm to the idea of no b/f in the morn then i guess i'll keep it. It really is a bridge i'll cross when i get there.

Thanks for stimulating my preg brain - as it wasn't something i'd consciously considered

LOL - Kerrie - bring it on for sure!

The only reason I am hesitating is cause I have applied for uni, and if by some miracle I actually get in, I really really want and need to be able to study, so that would mean aiting till at least Feb before trying again.....

But you go get em girl!! I might see if DH is in the mood to get jiggy with it and see what happens!!! I am such a glutton for punishment!

Lol Relle - love your attitude!

LMAO Rae! Nah - I am really just a loony! hehehehehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12