Thread: folate capsules?

Cool folate capsules?

hey guys, my doc wants me to start taking folate again but i hate tablets...has anyone seen them for sale in capsules?

tia

danni... you can get folate tablets from the chemist that are tiny. They are by alphapharm and are called megafol...cost only $3.50 or so and come in 500 microgram strength or 5mg strength. I take the 5mg cos am in a high risk group for neural tube defects. You have to ask though cos they are normally kept behind the counter....HTH

Melanie
    I repeat the tablets are tiny...much smaller than capsules

the ones i have are tiny too but i hate em.. i just much prefer capsules its all in my mind

Dan

The Elevit ones are shaped like capsules but are tablets... only others I know are tablets sorry.

Bel

Danni,
    I took the blackmores pregnancy vitamin although my pregnancy it has enough folate in it, it is not a tablet and not a capsule not sure what you would call it, they are pretty big though, hope this helps.

I was just going to say the blackmores are more like a smooth texture like a capsule, but they are rather large. The have the right amount of folate too.

Sorry sweetie - only know of tablet ones. But if I see any I will grab them for you.

ETA. I searched and found that Fefol (folic acid 300mcg) comes in Capsule form and you can get them from a pharmacy (approx $10 for 30 caps). Also Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold (folic acid 250mcg) are capsule form (approx $25 for 60 caps). Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding (not GOLD) contains 200mcg Folic acid and RRP is around $21 for 60 caps.

I will PM you some links I found that show some others that are available, too.

you're a gem!

hehe fanks missy