Thread: Found out my yougner sister is having a baby...

Default Found out my yougner sister is having a baby...

Hey guys,

I just found out my younger sister is having a baby. I'm actually thrilled for her, although she seems stressed that she is pregnant and doesn't want anyone to know. Well I got told by our blabber mouthed grandmother that my sis is pregnant and I wasn't to tell anyone until my sis feels ready to announce the pregnancy. My sister doesn't know that I know.

But still I'm super excited by the news and it is hard to surpress the wonderful annoucment that is going to come.

I'm willing to help her through her pregnancy of course she is going to have heaps of support. The thing is my partner sees my sister like his own kid (She is 19 and he is 37) and he dislikes my sister's boyfriend. They both have had altercations in the past and the four of us get on for my sister and I. I know when my partner hears the news he is flip. So guys how do I prepare my partner for the news without letting slip on what the big announcement my sister is going to present to us on the weekend?

maybe just tell him? but break it to him slowly? Like 'Hun we need to have a chat about 'sis', she is going to make an announcement on the weekend that may come as a shock to you' then depending on his reaction tell him. But tell him he has to act surprised yet be happy for her!

At the end of the day, it will not matter what your partner says about her BF - she will do as she pleases anyway until she herself has had enough.

I hope things go well and he can put aside his issues with her partner tobe happy for her

Thanks for the advice naenae83.

I'm did say she had news, however I'm afraid to tell him what it is myself because he to is also a blabbermouth, what I mean is he says stuff before he thinks about it.

He once told our former friends that I had to have an ultrasound on my cervix and uterus to see if I was fertile. I didn't want him to tell anyone about it but he went ahead and told them.

Hence why I'm keeping it a secret, just very worried about his reaction.

oh LOL @ blubbermouth. Hopefully he takes the news well then!

I would worry about his reaction after the news is said. Maybe have a little chat with him and say something along the lines of 'no matter what kind of news we get today, please be happy for her' or something like that.

Do you mind me asking why your partner doesnt like your sisters bf?

My partner dislikes my sister's boyfriend, because one time we were at their flat a few years ago, my sister had us over and she was talking to us and her boyfriend came in from work in a foul mood and complained the glasses and crockery wasn't washed so he stacked two glasses together and smashed it with his fist, followed by riping the moblie phone charger's line from it's plug.

My partner got really angry and chased the boyfriend into the back yard, held him against the fence and told him never to do that again in front of us.

It took a few months for things to go back on friendly terms. He treats my sister better I can say since that altercation.

So my partner is almost likely to flip once the news is announced. She is approx 9 weeks now. :-)

Firstly congrats to your sister!

You could try to soften him up by telling him how you think she'll make a great mother one day? My sister had her bub at 19 (she's now 20, bub is a happy 7 month old) and I felt the need to defend and explain her everytime someone talked about her, but she is a fantastic mother (as i knew she would be) and her young body only took around 3 weeks to completely heal from a cs. If they're happy about the pregnancy, everyone else should be happy for them too!

Hope it goes well

Wow :O understandable!

Perhaps if he has an anger issue he might seek some counselling to help?

Congrats to your sis (sorry!) I'm sure things will sort themselves out. I am sure the both of them are happy, and I hope for your sisters sake your dp can be happy for them.

Thanks guys.

I'm sure she will be fantasitc at mothering. The advice has helpped. Plenty.

Im probably too late at giving some advice.. but I just felt the need to try and help u! My dh hasnt liked a few of my 2 sisters boyfriends.. and actually had a punch up with my younger sisters ex boyfriend 3 yrs ago. I havent liked the guys also but i hate confrontation and i wld much rather pretend everything is fine n dandy just to keep things all happy.
    We have had countless arguments over it bcause i just want everyone to play happy families but I am slowly realising tho that it is my dhs opinion and he shld be allowed to voice it. I am also slowly starting to realise that he is the bigger man for actually being able to acknowledge that the boyfriends arent treating my sisters right.. and i do love the fact that he cares about the way they are treated.. and really im the soft one for just ignoring what idiots the guys are!

I dont think u shld pre-warn ur dh.. i think it will give him more time to stew on it and get more angry! And it will kinda be made into more of a big deal if he feels like u had to prewarn him about it.. it will kinda put it in his head that he shld be angry IYKWIM??!

I think let the situation pan out however it is going too.. keep on pretending that u dont know. Have a chat to ur dh afterwards and just explain that even if he doesnt support their relationship.. its ur sister that needs to know that u guys are going to support her no matter what. Im sure she is having enough conflicting thoughts in her head about ppl not thinking its the right thing for her to do. Make sure u BOTH let her know that u love her and that she is going to be a great mummy

Does all this make sense??!!

Good luck this weekend

Oh one last thing! I sometimes think of ppl as dogs.. some just wont ever get on.. theres not much that anyone else can do but let them sort themselves out.. Maybe they will eventually come around and not be so 'dominant' or they might just end up wanting to kill each other forever!