Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gender...Did you find out, what did they look for?

Default Gender...Did you find out, what did they look for?

When looking at gender of baby during U/S.....What did they look for when you asked? Was it 3 lines boy, 2 lines girl? There seems to be so many ways of telling, from what I have heard. Which would be the most accurate way of telling?

We were told the gender at the 20 week scan, but I am not convinced LOL!

Lets just say if it's a boy, we saw no lines at all, just huge balls. A girl is 3 lines though. They say it looks like a hamburger. LOL. I know on Tehya's scan it did.

If your still not 100% sure and want to be why not go for another scan later on in your pregnancy. I had a 4d scan done at 31 weeks with Tehya, even though we were very certain with the earlier ones.

Trish.....Now I am even more confused LMAO....We did find out but It doesnt match what you are saying....(without me giving away too much, as I want to keep the gender a suprise)
    It be interesting to hear how others were told too!!

Sorry for confusing you hun.

No that's cool!!! Its quite funny he he. I was told 3 lines boy, 2 lines girl? We are happy either way, i just cant wait to find out LOL

Never heard about lines for a boy, we just couldn't miss the fact that Noah was a he

I was shown the lines with Eleanor but never shown anything with Alexander.

Do you remember how many lines there were Michelle?

Hey Ally, I hadn't heard that about the lines. All I remember seeing (and it was very obvious to all) was the enormous pair of testicles so no mistaking it.

elly, thety dont say "lines" with boys...by 18 week u/s you can clearly see the testicles and penis.

with girls, some have been known to say 4 or 5 lines as well, including the labia and clitoris.

if you really want to know, you should get another scan

Because if its a boy, you would definitely have seen the "bits"! good luck

We were 3 lines for girl and I saw it every time (4 u/s) even though each time they still said they can't be 100% sure (don't know why not....) anyway, got the impression boys have no lines...
    xo

With boys there is a clear shape of the penis and testes once it had been pointed out to you.
    Our sonographer zoomed in on Calebs bits and let me guess and there was no denying what was there. I'd already seen 2 others on an u/s so I knew it was boy bits there.
    A 4D u/s leaves absolutley no doubt. If they are able to do a combined scan ask them to check out the bits once you've seen your babys beautiful face.
    I've got a pic of Calebs in 3D!

The only pregnancy I found out the gender was Violets, and the ultrasonographer pointed out two coffee beans. But i have seen lots of u/s pics that show lines for girls. Maybe you could have a look at the FF preg website. They have a u/s gallery and you can search for whatever you want.

Tanya

TeganRheana Guest

Tanya what is the FF Preg Website? Can you post a link for it plz?

Don't think I am allowed to post links but if you go to Fertility friend and then in the menu on the left right down the bottom there is a link to the pregnancy site...
    HTH's
    Tanya

Never heard of lines for boys either.
    With DD we were shown the three lines and it was pretty clear she was a girl.
    With DS we were shown what was very clearly a scrotum and penis

I was told 3 lines for a girl. *LOL* @ the 'coffee beans'....were they the ovaries?

i saw 3 lines with sophie - i knew it was a girl even before i got told......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast