Thread: HCG levels increasing - slowly. And bleed outside uterus

Default HCG levels increasing - slowly. And bleed outside uterus

Hi,

so i had a hcg test on sunday and the level was 100,000mu.
    i had another one done on monday and the level was 108,000mu i am approx 9 ish weeks.
    i know its a good thing that its increasing not decreasing, but should it have increased more? I know its meant to double every 48 to 72 hours, but its only a slight increase in the scheme of things.

Also i had a scan today, and they saw a small bleed just next to my uterus. They said it could have been the implantation bleed but it should have re-absorbed by now as i didnt have any spotting etc. anyone else had this? was everything ok?

Hi - was there a reason you had a test on Sunday and Monday?? - unusual to have consecutive days tested exactly for the reason you are concerned - Sundays might have just doubled so then Monday's wouldn't be entirely accurate. If you are worried ask your doctor for another blood test on Thursday allowing the 72 hours to elapse.

I am having another tomorrow, but had one a week ago, so I fully understand how much we rely on results to tell ourselves everything is going ok in the early days.

can't help with the bleeding query, but fingers crossed for you that it turns out to be nothing at all to worry about. Post again and let us know.

Take care
    Sam

i had a test on sunday at the emergency room due to some cramping and discharge issues.

they did a white cell count and a hcg count.
    when i went to my own gp for a follow up he wanted to test again so he sent me off to get them done again.
    white cells also elevated so getting that checked too. man this is too much hey!

I'm sorry I don't have any info on where your HCG levels should be at, but I have had similar concerns with two of my bubs so I just wanted to send you a hug and lots of sticky vibes. Best wishes.

Mummatotwo

This info is from another thread - might make you feel a bit better, at least overnight . Your HCG levels seem really good, and these are a guide only

3 - 4w: 9 - 130
    4 - 5w: 75 - 2,600
    5 - 6w: 850 - 20,800
    6 - 7w: 4,000 - 100,200
    7 - 12w: 11,500 - 289,000
    12 - 16w: 18,300 - 137,000
    16 - 29w: 1,400 - 53,000
    29 - 41w: 940 - 60,000

Let us know how your next test goes. Last week mine was 391 at 4w1d so tomorrow at 5w1d I am hoping for over 3000 Fingers crossed.

I realise mine are good but its the level of increase that i was concerned about

MummaToTwo I am let to believe that from 8 weeks onwards your levels only slowly rise. They only double or rapidly rise in the first 8 weeks. Considering you are 9ish weeks, I'd say your levels are fine. They won't continue to double.

BTW - I had my levels checked today. I am 4 weeks & 1 day and am at 493. I'm really happy about that.

SAM - How was your level today??

Hi Georgi

Grrr results weren't back from pathology when I phoned at 5pm - so have to wait until tomorrow. Yes, you should be pleased with yours at 4w1d - as i said earlier mine were 391 at same time - but all within the good range ..... i hate all the waiting that goes with being pregnant LOL

mummatotwo - Was there a heartbeat in the scan? If so then I'm sure all's fine. In early pregnancy it can take 3 days for it to double and then it does slow down but I'm not exactly sure when that happens to be honest.

This information comes from the Babymed site. I hope it helps.
    Within the first 2-4 weeks after fertilization, hCG usually doubles every 48-72 hours
    An increase of 60% in 48 hours is still considered normal
    Below 1,200 mIU/ml, hCG usually doubles every 48-72 hours
    Between 1,200 and 6,000 mIU/ml serum, the hCG usually takes 72-96 hours to double
    Above 6,000 mIU/ml, the hCG often takes over four days to double
    More than two in three normal pregnancies have a doubling of the hCG every 72 hours
    There is a wide variation of normal hCG levels. An hCG that does not double every two to three days does not necessarily indicate a problem
    A maximum level is usually reached by the 10th or 11th week.
    After 10 weeks or so, hCG normally decreases
    Thinking of you, Mummatotwo. It's such a stressful time.

KERRY That's a nice peice of research

SAM Make sure you let me know what your levels come back at.

Hi - have you heard any more about the bleed or are they not worried about it?

Georgi - sooo elated - 5w1d - my hcg went up from 391 to 8489. Another week closer Good luck for yours too.

SAMI Oh my... That's huge! Congratulations.