Thread: Heart rate and gender

Default Heart rate and gender

I was speaking to a girlfriend today and she said her baby's heart beat was about 155 bpm. She's 16 weeks. I said she was having a girl! Is ther any truth in this? That over 140 beats it's a girla nd under it's a boy? I looked on the internet and they say it's all an old wives tale but it would be interesting to see if it's true for Bellybelly members!

Jordie - I asked my OB that same question today as my jellybean's heartbeat was 150. She said that it was an old wives tale and it actually reflects whether the baby is currently sleeping or having an active moment!!!!! So if you are asking my OB the question - she would say it means nothing :-)

My bouncy rabbit has always been between 155-170 at checkups, and she's a girl.

I don't believe the one about sweet foods meaning a girl, savory foods a boy though.

my bubs lowest heartrate to date has been 153bpm- now 26 weeks and carrying a boy!

Alisters hb was always 140-141 for the entire pg. But I don't know what the others were to know if it was true for them. As for sweet and savoury, Alister should have been a girl for sure if that was the case LOL

I asked my ob this as well and she said there was no truth to it at all!! She would just laugh whenever I talked about it and said the heart rate was a moment in time and was dependent on wha tth ebaby was doing eg rest/moving/sleep.

The heart rate for my DS1 and DS 2 and then DD were all fairly similar (on average around 140ish).

A friend of mine swears by the heart rate being a predictor of the sex and she used to stress me out by saying you are having a boy even though I knew I was having a girl (she didnt know that I knew) but her comments were enough to make me think the sonographer may have got it wrong - but in the end they didnt and we had a girl.

No truth. My bubs heart beat was at 151 the first time his h/b was measured and the amnio showed that it's a boy.