Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, help needed.

lost_chick3n Guest

Default Hello, help needed.

Hello, I am a current yr 12 student of society and culture. This subject requirres me to complete a major work hence i have decided to do my one pregnancy. I have sort permission from Kelly to post my survey, i am very grateful that she has allowed me to.
    I would greatly appreicate it if you woiuld be able to complete my survey. I will ensure you that your responses will only be used for educational purposes and nothing else. There will be absolutely no abusing of any responses or cristism?? (sorry for spelling) of any replies I'll be recieving as it will solemly be used to further on validate my results.

So i thank yoiu in adv. and hope you will be able to take a few mins of your time to complete the following questions. thank you.

1. What is your cultural background?

2. Are you currently pregnant or were pregnant in the last few years?

3. Did you take advantage of technology when having an ultra sound to find
    out the gender of your baby? Why?

4. Was this decision reached by yourself or with other family members and
    why?

5. Did/do you have a preference for the gender, ie. wanting a boy or girl.
    Why or why not?

6.Did any of your reltaives or in-laws also have a preference on the gender
    of your baby and how was this known?

7. If it was not the gender you wanted, has this effected your relationship
    with other family members and if so how?

8. a) IF YOU ARE CURRENTLy pregnant do you think it will affect your
    relationship with your unborn child, knowing the gender before hand?

b) If YOU WERE PREGNANT, has your relationship with your child been affected in any way as a result of you finding out the gender of your baby via ultrasound?

9. Wouild you find out the gender again, if you were pregnant again?

10. Do you think that finding the gender of babies in the womb will have any future consequences in Australian society? HOw?

11. Age range
    20-30 31-40 41-50 50 above

Thank you

PS: congradulations to all those who are pregnant wish you guyz the best! and hope you have a problem free pregnacy!!

kirsty Guest

1. What is your cultural background? Australian

2. Are you currently pregnant or were pregnant in the last few years? I had a pregnancy in 2002 that resulted in a baby boy being born at 32wks, then another pregnancy in 2004 that resulted in a 2nd trimester loss of a baby boy at 18w5d, & finally we have just had another 2nd trimester loss at 20wks gender of bubs unknown at this stage

out the gender of your baby? Why? No, we haven't found out the gender with any of our pregnancies much prefering a "suiprise" at the end of it all.

why? It was a decision made by myself & my husband

Why or why not? No preference of gender at all by either myself or my husband.

of your baby and how was this known? No one that I am aware of had any preference

with other family members and if so how? I don't believe it has affected any relationships as we weren't particularly worried about having a boy or a girl.

b) If YOU WERE PREGNANT, has your relationship with your child been affected in any way as a result of you finding out the gender of your baby via ultrasound? Not applicable as we didn't find out gender

9. Wouild you find out the gender again, if you were pregnant again? No we have no inclination to find out the gender of any future babies during their pregnancies.

10. Do you think that finding the gender of babies in the womb will have any future consequences in Australian society? HOw? It isn't something that I have really thought about to be honest.

11. Age range

31-40

Kirsty77 Guest

1.I'm a kiwi, moved to australia when I was 10.My partner is an aussie.My dad was born in east africa and my mum in singapore.My Partners dad is croatian and his mum is a kiwi.

2.I am currently pregnant with my second child(13 wks) and my daughter is 7months old.

3.Yes.We found out the gender with our first as we were to excited to wait and so we could plan things like clothes and nursery decorations in advance and have everything ready for her.

4.By my partner and I decided.Our families had absolutely no influence over our decision.

5.No preference at all. We really didn't care as long as bub was healthy thats all that mattered.We were just so happy to have a baby.

6.No I don't think anyone had any preference really. On both sides there are already grandbabies.

7.n/a

8.No not at all.

9.Yep we're going to find out the gender again this time.

10.I guess it could for couples after a particular sex. I guess there could be more terminations but because you don;'t find out till you are at least 20wks most times then a termination is out of the question.

11.20-30(Just!!)

2. Are you currently pregnant or were pregnant in the last few years? Was pregnant last year (gave birth in July 2005)

3. Did you take advantage of technology when having an ultra sound to find out the gender of your baby? Why?
    Yes we did have many ultrasounds (9 in all) but no we didn't find out the sex because we wanted it to be a surprise.

4. Was this decision reached by yourself or with other family members and why? Both my husband and I agreed whole heartedly on this decision

5. Did/do you have a preference for the gender, ie. wanting a boy or girl. Why or why not? No we had no preference for either sex, largely because it took us a long time to keep a pregnancy (I had 6 pregnancies before this one) and we were just immensely grateful that we were having a healthy baby.

6.Did any of your reltaives or in-laws also have a preference on the gender of your baby and how was this known? No. they were all just as grateful and as pleased as us that we were having a baby at last.

7. If it was not the gender you wanted, has this effected your relationship with other family members and if so how? not applicable. Although DH is quite chuffed that his fiorst baby is a boy and is carrying on his name.

Not currently pregnant

b) If YOU WERE PREGNANT, has your relationship with your child been affected in any way as a result of you finding out the gender of your baby via ultrasound? Not applicable

9. Wouild you find out the gender again, if you were pregnant again? No. I like the surprise!

10. Do you think that finding the gender of babies in the womb will have any future consequences in Australian society? HOw? No, I don't think that it does affect society. A lot of women do find out the gender of their baby prior to birth and I don't know of one single instance where they are better or worse off for doing it. In Australia, we don't have the stigma of producing a baby of a particular sex as do other countries (such as China). Theoretically, I guess that finding out the sex could have some impact on manipulating the family balance (eg. evening out the girls and boys in one family by terminating a foetus of a particular sex). But I seriously doubt that this would EVER be a trend that would take hold (if, in fact, it actually does happen now....I doubt it).

11. Age range 20-30 31-40 41-50 50 above 31 - 40

Best of luck with your survey.

2. Are you currently pregnant or were pregnant in the last few years? I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant. I had a daughter in 2004 and 2 miscarriages in 2005.

out the gender of your baby? Why? I found out with my first and the result was correct. I will be finding out this time also. Mainly to be prepared and to buy appropriate clothing etc.

why? This decision was made by myself and my fiancee.

Why or why not? I wanted a girl first time around, which is what i got. This time i don't mind either way as long as bub is healthy.

of your baby and how was this known? Not that i know of.

with other family members and if so how? n/a

relationship with your unborn child, knowing the gender before hand? As i said before, i think it will just prepare me for what is to come, so i can get used to the idea before s/he is born.

b) If YOU WERE PREGNANT, has your relationship with your child been affected in any way as a result of you finding out the gender of your baby via ultrasound? I think I have bonded more with my daughter knowing that she was a girl beforehand.

9. Wouild you find out the gender again, if you were pregnant again? Yes I will.

10. Do you think that finding the gender of babies in the womb will have any future consequences in Australian society? HOw? Have not really thought about it.

11. Age range
    I'm 19, turning 20 in June.

1. What is your cultural background? I'm a first generation Australian of Italian parents

2. Are you currently pregnant or were pregnant in the last few years? I had my first baby, a daughter in January

3. Did you take advantage of technology when having an ultra sound to find out the gender of your baby? Why? No we did not

4. Was this decision reached by yourself or with other family members and why? It was a mutual choice made by both myself and my husband as we wanted our first to be a surprise

Why or why not? I wanted my first to be a girl because of the bond that I would enjoy with her and the chance to fuss over her like you can with girls.

6.Did any of your reltaives or in-laws also have a preference on the gender of your baby and how was this known? My in-laws would have loved for me to have a boy first - I think it is an Italian thing, to carry on the family name. I know this because my father in law always talked about it.

b) If YOU WERE PREGNANT, has your relationship with your child been affected in any way as a result of you finding out the gender of your baby via ultrasound?

9. Wouild you find out the gender again, if you were pregnant again? yes I would like to

10. Do you think that finding the gender of babies in the womb will have any future consequences in Australian society? HOw? I dont think finding the gender has an adverse effect to the majority of Austalians.

11. Age range
    I'm in the 20-30 age bracket

1. What is your cultural background? Aussie through and through

2. Are you currently pregnant or were pregnant in the last few years?
    well I just m/c last week and again in Dec 05, but I also have 2 beautiful children Nyah was born on the 6th Jan 02and William on the 21st Oct 04, so I consider myself very lucky.

out the gender of your baby?
    Why? No with either baby, wanted a surprise.

why?
    I asked my parents their opinions but ultimately it was up to us.

Why or why not?
    I wanted a boy first b/c the name William was very important to me, my grandfather's name was William and he died on my 21st birthday, he was very special to me and I to him being his first grandchild. Of course when she was born I was thrilled to bits and we both cried.

No they just wanted it to be healthy.

No, no one's effected.

I don't see why not, if anything I'd bring you closer, as you'd be able to speak to them and call them by their name.

b) If YOU WERE PREGNANT, has your relationship with your child been affected in any way as a result of you finding out the gender of your baby via ultrasound? No it'd be exciting I think, but if I have another I won't be finding out.

1. What is your cultural background? I was born in New Zealand, came in Australia with my parents and sisters when I was 6 years old.

2. Are you currently pregnant or were pregnant in the last few years? I`m currently 26 weeks pregnant with #2 which started off being a twin pregnancy but sadly I lost one baby at 6 weeks but his/her twin brother is fine and growing well. I also have a son who was born on 3rd May, 2005.

out the gender of your baby? Why? Yes with both pregnancies, I wasn`t going to with my first as I just knew he was a boy and didn`t want anyone telling me otherwise but in the end the u/s was a day after DH`s birthday so I surprised him by finding out bubs sex as he always wanted to know but never pressured me into it. With my second pregnancy I always knew I`d find out bubs gender at the u/s.

why? It was reached by myself even though as I said earlier DH wanted to find out but never pressured me into it.

Why or why not? With my first pregnancy, I knew I was having a boy, I had dreams about my little boy before I was TTC and even had his name picked out before TTC so yes I did have a preference for a boy because I feel boys are easier to raise then girls. With my second pregnancy I did talk myself into the fact that my surviving twin was a girl as I had read so many stories that girls are stronger and in a twin pregnancies where you loose one baby it`s often the boy you loose. I did perfer another boy for my 2nd pregnancy but talked myself into the fact the baby was a girl, I was a bit disapointed to learn I was having a boy but the disapointment soon faded.

of your baby and how was this known? Everyone thought I`d be having girls, my Mum mentioned 'Oh I can`t imagine you with a boy" My Dad just thought I was carrying a girl, my PIL`s thought I`d be having a girl as MY DH`s side of the family do not produce more then 2 boys per generation, this is something which has gonre back to the first arrivals so he broke all records as he has 2 sons from a previous marraiage. With my 2nd pregnancy my MIL really wanted me to have a girl.

relationship with your unborn child, knowing the gender before hand? Certainly not, I find that you bond to the baby more and the baby is given an identity when you know the sex, I`m so glad I decided to find out with both my pregnancies.

b) If YOU WERE PREGNANT, has your relationship with your child been affected in any way as a result of you finding out the gender of your baby via ultrasound? No affect at all.

9. Wouild you find out the gender again, if you were pregnant again? Yes

10. Do you think that finding the gender of babies in the womb will have any future consequences in Australian society? HOw? Yes I do more so if they bring out a way of finding out the gender of our unborn babies before they are 12 weeks, I feel if they do this there will be a lot of abortions due to the fact it wasn`t the sex they were wanting.

11. Age range

31 - 40

Good Luck

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:52 pm Post subject: Hello, help needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Are you currently pregnant or were pregnant in the last few years? Yes and yes, I've been pregnant for year's lol. My girls are currently 9, 7, 3 and 1 currently 32 wks pg.

3. Did you take advantage of technology when having an ultra sound to find out the gender of your baby? Why?
    Not with the first 4 only with this last baby, it was just great to have that validation that everything is fine with baby.

4. Was this decision reached by yourself or with other family members and why?
    By my Husband and myself although he didn't want to find out this time either but I did

5. Did/do you have a preference for the gender, ie. wanting a boy or girl. Why or why not?
    No we never did have a preference, my husband wanted six kids, I'm stopping at five.

6.Did any of your reltaives or in-laws also have a preference on the gender of your baby and how was this known?
    Yes MIL and IL in general wanted a boy after all the girls we have, openly stated their preference and disapointment when we had another girl and this time we found out and they are all very excited.

7. If it was not the gender you wanted, has this effected your relationship with other family members and if so how?
    No we didn't care what sex our babies were but made me very disappointed in them that they think we are such failures at gender selection.

8. a) IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY pregnant do you think it will affect your

No! nothing is certain until they come out. We didn't find out with the others and I bonded perfectly fine with them.

I would like to say no except i must admit I am quite excited about this one being a boy after 4 girls. But we would not have been disapointed to have another girl. My girls are very excited about having a brother.

9. Would you find out the gender again, if you were pregnant again?
    Yes I think I would, I really don;t think it makes any difference though.
    10. Do you think that finding the gender of babies in the womb will have any future consequences in Australian society? How?
    No, you don't find out till about 18-20 week mark so it is too late for termination if you were after a particular sex. Personally not an advocate for gender selection. And would certainly not terminate on such trivial grounds.

11. Age range

31-40

Sorry edited my answers to a couple of question, didn't read the question properly and answered wrongly, have now corrected it, sorry,

sonsangel Guest

2. Are you currently pregnant or were pregnant in the last few years? I have a 2yr old and I am currently 12wks pregnant.

3. Did you take advantage of technology when having an ultra sound to find out the gender of your baby? With my last pregnancy in 2004 we did find out the sex. This time we have decided not to. Why? We found out because we we got impatient and both wanted to find out. It was easier to shop knowing a gender to buy for as well. This time we both want the surprise.

4. Was this decision reached by yourself or with other family members and why? It was a joint decision by my husband and I. We both at the time wanted to find out. Second time round it really doesn't matter as much when gender the baby is as long as it's healthy.

Why or why not? First pregnancy, yes I wanted a boy. Not really sure why I always wanted a boy first. This time I really have no preference and am just happy to be pregnant.

6.Did any of your reltaives or in-laws also have a preference on the gender of your baby and how was this known? No, they all liked the guessing game of the gender rather than telling us they hoped we had a boy/girl.

with other family members and if so how? It really wouldn't have mattered if it was or wasn't. I have a close enough family to understand that each pregnancy is a little miracle and would be welcomed either way.

relationship with your unborn child, knowing the gender before hand? Don't think so, as soon as you see their heartbeat on that first ultrasound your own heart melts with pride and joy. I guess the bonding can begin from then on.

9. Would you find out the gender again, if you were pregnant again? No. I think it's nice for the surprise at the end.

10. Do you think that finding the gender of babies in the womb will have any future consequences in Australian society? HOw? I highly doubt it. Although, If people began aborting because of the wrong gender that would be highly disturbing.

11. Age range
    20-30

1. What is your cultural background? Born in Australia - mum is Australian, dad was Italian.

2. Are you currently pregnant or were pregnant in the last few years? - First baby born dec 2001 and second Nov 2005.

3. Did you take advantage of technology when having an ultra sound to find out the gender of your baby? Why? Had rountine 20 week ultrasound and asked if they could tell. Did not have ultrasound specifically to find out gender.

why?
    We both wanted to know both times. My family did not want to know but when I found out, they wanted to know then. Partners side wanted to know too !

Why or why not?
    No preference for either sex either time, but happy to have had girl first and now one of each.

6.Did any of your reltaives or in-laws also have a preference on the gender of your baby and how was this known? No one said anything about having a preference, but I know MIL (mother in law) was happy second child was a boy.

7. If it was not the gender you wanted, has this effected your relationship with other family members and if so how? Parnter was disappointed when we found out first child was a girl and we had a horrible month or so. But when she was born nothing else mattered.

b) If YOU WERE PREGNANT, has your relationship with your child been affected in any way as a result of you finding out the gender of your baby via ultrasound? I liked knowing the gender and practicing names out on him/her and not calling baby 'it' or 'the baby' all the time. When we found out the second was a boy at 20 weeks, it was exciting - it was almost like having two babies.

9. Wouild you find out the gender again, if you were pregnant again? yep.

10. Do you think that finding the gender of babies in the womb will have any future consequences in Australian society? HOw? My cousin has a theory that doctors can tell the gender at 12 weeks from an ultrasound but they wont tell you in case you decide to terminate if it is the 'wrong' sex. I don't believe this. Maybe in some countires where having a son, or a son first is important, but not here.

11. Age range
    20-30 31-40 41-50 50 above ---> 31-40

Good Luck.

2. Are you currently pregnant or were pregnant in the last few years? I had a baby girl in December of 2005.

3. Did you take advantage of technology when having an ultra sound to find out the gender of your baby? Why? Yes. I desperately wanted a girl (my husband has all boys in his family) and felt that if I could know @ 20wks it would enable me to accept the gender and bond with my baby. We had names already chosen out.

4. Was this decision reached by yourself or with other family members and why? Solely my husband's & my decision.

5. Did/do you have a preference for the gender, ie. wanting a boy or girl. Why or why not? I really wanted a daughter but husband didnt mind either way. As mentioned earlier they are all boys in my husband's family.

6.Did any of your reltaives or in-laws also have a preference on the gender of your baby and how was this known? I know my mother-in-law was dying for a grand-daughter as she has all boys. She kept saying Madeline was a boy, I guess so that if she was wrong she could be happy regardless.

7. If it was not the gender you wanted, has this effected your relationship with other family members and if so how? N/A

8. a) IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY pregnant do you think it will affect your
    N/A

b) If YOU WERE PREGNANT, has your relationship with your child been affected in any way as a result of you finding out the gender of your baby via ultrasound? No, I feel very close to my daughter as we called her by her name from the morphology ultrasound. It was as if when she was born, she already knew her name and she responded to it.

9. Would you find out the gender again, if you were pregnant again? Absolutely. We dont feel sd if we're missing out on any great suprise by knowing the gender before the birth. Financially & planning wise, I think its a definite positive to know before the birth.

10. Do you think that finding the gender of babies in the womb will have any future consequences in Australian society? HOW? It shouldnt...I don't think our culture lends itself to the same gender issues as other cultures do.

11. Age range
    20-30

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

1. What is your cultural background? Both born in Australia

2. Are you currently pregnant or were pregnant in the last few years? - First baby (girl) born Sept 2004 (stillborn) Pregnant 25weeks 2days with non identical IVF twin boys

3. Did you take advantage of technology when having an ultra sound to find out the gender of your baby? Why? I had routine 18 week ultrasound and asked genderl. We did not have ultrasound specifically to find out gender.

We both wanted to know both times. Though we have one adopted child -we have waited a long time to be able to have children. All our family wanted to know once they knew we knew. Especially this time round (twins) so we only buy what is necessary - gender specific. Last time too because we thought she would be our one and only.

5. Did/do you have a preference for the gender, ie. wanting a boy or girl. Why or why not?
    No preference for either gender either time, just wanted a healthy baby (babies)

6.Did any of your relatives or in-laws also have a preference on the gender of your baby and how was this known?
    No one said anything about having a preference, but I know FIL (father in law) was happy to know at least one of these babies are boys -to carry on the family name (Husband is his only son -2 sisters).

7. If it was not the gender you wanted, has this effected your relationship with other family members and if so how? NA

I think it helps with bonding to decide on and call them my name.

I am glad in way they are same gender to grow up with each other -likely we won't have any more. Part of me will always grieve for my little daughter who passed away and not being able to parent a daughter.But it won't affect the relationship with my boys.

9.b) If YOU WERE PREGNANT, has your relationship with your child been affected in any way as a result of you finding out the gender of your baby via ultrasound? Would you find out the gender again, if you were pregnant again? No it hasn't affetced the relationship - yes I would find out .

10. Do you think that finding the gender of babies in the womb will have any future consequences in Australian society? How?

In the case of gender specific genetic diseases technology exists to pre diagnose serious inherited diseases earlier than 12 weeks (at conception now) but for any other reason I can't see the majority of people choosing one sex over the other. Saves parents waiting till birth to find out they have a seriously ill baby or a child suffering with conditions incapatable with normal life

I think for many more practical reasons parents chose to find out if they plan on one/two child family so they can buy appropriate clothes /decorate nursery etc. Years ago it was less common for people to have a nursery and they had lots of handme downs of both sexes -so buying stuff wasn't as big an issue. They had larger families too so more chances of both sexes.

In China - they leave baby girls to die/abort them and already it caused poplualtion inbalance -males outnumber females at an alarming rate but it would never happen here in Australia. We love our daughters /sons equally.

11. Age range
    20-30 31-40 41-50 50 above ---> 31-40

Ellibam Guest

2. Are you currently pregnant or were pregnant in the last few years? i have a 7 month old son

out the gender of your baby? No Why?we wanted the suprise

4. Was this decision reached by yourself or with other family members and why? My husband and i made the decsicion together

Why or why not? No i want a lot of children so i will be happy with what ever i get

Yes my husbands fathers side of the family wanted a boy to continue on the family name

with other family members and if so how?N/A

b) If YOU WERE PREGNANT, has your relationship with your child been affected in any way as a result of you finding out the gender of your baby via ultrasound? N/A

N/A

10. Do you think that finding the gender of babies in the womb will have any future consequences in Australian society? HOw? no

11. Age range
    20-30

2. Are you currently pregnant or were pregnant in the last few years? I have an have an 81/2 month old son.

out the gender of your baby?
    Yes we did. We were so very excited to find out what we were having.

Both my husband and I made the decision together....though we knew that it mightnt happen as we were unable to find out with an earlier pregnancy because of the baby's position. We were wanting to be able to prepare the other children for the babys sex and really give it more of an identity and name.

Why or why not?
    No really had no preference at all. Just wanted a healthy baby to love....however we do have 3 girls so were ecstatic when we discovered we were actually having a boy as it was so different.

Nothing was really said though both sets of parents were happy for us that we were able to experience a baby of the opposite gender of what we already had.

N/A

No only strengthened it. We were able to bond even earlier with our son knowing that he was a son and not "the baby"

Yes

10. Do you think that finding the gender of babies in the womb will have any future consequences in Australian society? HOw? It might for parents wanting to gender select. I would hate to think that ultrasounds could be used for that purpose though.

11. Age range
    31-40

Jo

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

1. What is your cultural background? Australian, family are english.

2. Are you currently pregnant or were pregnant in the last few years? Had my second bubba late 04

3. Did you take advantage of technology when having an ultra sound to find out the gender of your baby? Why? Yes, I was excited to know if I was having a boy or a girl.

4. Was this decision reached by yourself or with other family members and why? I decided I wanted to know, I think my husband would have obliged either way.

5. Did/do you have a preference for the gender, ie. wanting a boy or girl. Why or why not? I was actually hoping for a girl at the time. It was only due to lots of relationship problems at the time and I felt having another boy would add to my problems (hormonal preggo woman that I was).

6. Did any of your reltaives or in-laws also have a preference on the gender of your baby and how was this known? No.

I was upset on finding out it was a boy and probably less excited that I would have been, if only I knew how excited I would be once he was actually in my arms! I don't think it upset any relationships but I think my hubby was sad that I felt that way.

N/A

b) If YOU WERE PREGNANT, has your relationship with your child been affected in any way as a result of you finding out the gender of your baby via ultrasound? Not at all, in fact I had a little guilt over it but thats long gone. I am so glad I have a boy.

9. Wouild you find out the gender again, if you were pregnant again? No, only for the sake of wanting a surprise this time - have found out twice now and I think both genders are equally as wonderful to be having.

10. Do you think that finding the gender of babies in the womb will have any future consequences in Australian society? HOw? I am concerned about the early gender tests that are new to Australia (5 week test) and I sincerely hope this doesn't see early terminations rise.

11. Age range
    20-30
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

1. What is your cultural background? I am Australian & my husband is Balinese

2. Are you currently pregnant or were pregnant in the last few years? We have a 7 month old daughter & a 7 yr old daughter

out the gender of your baby? Why?
    We did ask about the gender but were told at the time they couldnt conclusively see, so we were told a 60% chance it was a girl (they were correct) but, we didnt think 60% was great odds & so didnt buy girl stuff or buy any gender specificx clothing. I guess we wanted to find out because we could start preparing, but in the end we loved that it was a surprise & glad we didnt know 100%.

why?
    Family members all told us not too find out & if we did find out, we were not telling them anyways. Only DH & I decided with our older daughter that we wanted to know.

Why or why not?
    Not at all, babies are totally amazing blessings & a miracle, either sex is fine with both DH & I...

My Mum said once that another grandson would be nice as she has 4 grandaughters & 1 grandson, but it was a basic comment not a dissapponitment to her that she got another granddaughter!

N/A

N/A

b) If YOU WERE PREGNANT, has your relationship with your child been affected in any way as a result of you finding out the gender of your baby via ultrasound? We didnt know 100%, so it ever did, nor would it affect our relationship!

9. Would you find out the gender again, if you were pregnant again? If we are blessed to have more children, we will not find out the gender, I love the element of surprise at the end!

10. Do you think that finding the gender of babies in the womb will have any future consequences in Australian society? HOw? I truly hope that any early gender detection doesnt affect society, with early terminations for not carrying the gender of preference, it should be illegal. Babies are miracles & there are SO many wonderfully beautifiul people out there that are trying their hardest to be blessed with a child, either sex they'd be stoked with...

11. Age range

31-40

2. Are you currently pregnant or were pregnant in the last few years? I am currently 24 weeks pregnant with a boy. I also have a 4 1/2 and an almost 3yo, both boys also.

3. Did you take advantage of technology when having an ultra sound to find out the gender of your baby? Why? Yes! Because my husband is impatient (joke) and also we just wanted to know.

4. Was this decision reached by yourself or with other family members and why? It was a joint decision between my husband and myself.

5. Did/do you have a preference for the gender, ie. wanting a boy or girl. Why or why not? Well after having 2 boys I was keen for a little girl.

6.Did any of your reltaives or in-laws also have a preference on the gender of your baby and how was this known? I guess that my mum and MIL were both wanting me to have a girl as that was what I wanted also.

7. If it was not the gender you wanted, has this effected your relationship with other family members and if so how? There has been no effect in that regards.

8. a) IF YOU ARE CURRENTLy pregnant do you think it will affect your relationship with your unborn child, knowing the gender before hand? The only thing I can think of to answer this one is that I have gotten used to the fact that this bub is a boy and my feelings toward him are just the same as with my previous PG's - love.

9. Wouild you find out the gender again, if you were pregnant again? Yes.

10. Do you think that finding the gender of babies in the womb will have any future consequences in Australian society? HOw? No I don't think we as a society will place any preferance on one sex over another, unlike some other countries do.

11. Age range 31-40

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast