Thread: Help!! bleeding in 1st trimester

Unhappy Help!! bleeding in 1st trimester

I am 10 weeks and 3 days and have been bleeding for 8 days. I have now had two u/s which show that the baby is growing properly, has a strong heart beat and is moving around. It also showes blood in the uterous just under the baby. The bleeding I get ranges from bright red some days to brown spotting other days. It stops for a couple of hours (one time stopped for over 24 hours) then starts again.

The only thing I have been told is that it might be the placenta tearing away from the uterous wall, but my DR was only guessing and wasn't determining it on the u/s.

Has anyone else had something similar to this? If so do you know what the cause of it was? Did it end in miscarraige?

I had a slight bleed at 6.5 weeks but nothing like you have. My SIL bled alot with her current pg but it was due to the emergency ceaser she had with her first bub... I do know lots of women that have had alot of bleeding and have still gone on to have a healthy baby and pregnancy so just try and relax and put your feet up..I know its hard not to worry though.

Oh Fig! I'm so sorry the bleeding is ongoing...you poor thing!

Thankfully the u/s is showing an excellent heart beat and I guess that's something to focus on...

I hope you find an answer to what's going on really soon...or even better, the bleeding stops.

Thinking of you chickie!

I have a subchorionic haematoma (bleeding at the placental implantation site) and I also had bleeding 3 times between weeks 10-12. The haematoma is still there but *alf* is growing fine (fingers crossed - next scan is Thursday) and the bleeding stopped. Hopefully this will all start to settle for you.

I hope that your bleeding goes away soon. It must be a very stressful time for you. There is a sticky on bleeding in pregnancy here that you might find usefull.

Hi Fig
    If you bleeding I from the placenta site it does not mean that you will have a MC. You need to rest as much as you can. And I do mean rest. If possible stay in bed for ay least a couple of days. Your baby having a good heartbeat is a good sign

Fig, i'm 13 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I had bleeding on Christmas night, it was a massive gush (tmi) and I went to emergency who did blood test and it was all ok so had an ultra sound the next day and baby was good - strong heart and the right size etc. The bleeding stopped after a week and was mainly brownish (old blood). The lady who did the ultrasound said sometimes there is no explaination for it. In my case she could see some hemroging (sic) at the top of the sack but wouldn't pin point that as the reason. Everything has settled down now and my 12 week scan was great. Everything going to plan. I thought the same as you, that i was m/c but have since found out it is very common to bleed during pregnancy. Goodluck and i hope things turn out positive for you.

Its been good to hear the others are bleeding and still having a normal pregnancy. Its just so scary.

Alan: will definatly be resting, but just a question about that, why do all the books and doctors state that if you are going to have a m/c that bed rest will do nothing to prevent it?

Fig
    It is true, if you are going to have a MC then resting will not stop it. However at this stage you are not having a MC. You are having a bleed from behind the placenta. Resting will help to stop the bleeding.

Thanks Alan, that makes sense.