Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleeding During Pregnancy - Women's Stories Of Bleeding In Pregnancy #1

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Bleeding During Pregnancy - Women's Stories Of Bleeding In Pregnancy #1

As some of you will know, bleeding during pregnancy, especially during the first trimester, is quite common, with varying degrees of bleeding. The reasons too can be varied, which are listed in the article on the main site of BellyBelly HERE - well worth the read for all. However for those in our forums, I thought I would start this topic as it's a very common topic of discussion and it does happen to many of us.

I wanted to make a specific place where women can share their experiences of bleeding in pregnancy, with both positive and negative outcomes. I know of so many varying stories, where women have still had a 'period' right through their whole pregnancy, even bleeding and cramping for the whole pregnancy, yet have had healthy babies. There are also those who are unfortunate to have miscarried as a result of bleeding.

If you feel comfortable sharing your story, please do. If you are uncomfortable discussing bleeding in pregnancy, that's totally fine and there is no pressure to contribute whatsoever. Hopefully this thread can bring support to our members who are experiencing bleeding during pregnancy, which of course can be very upsetting not knowing what is happening.

If you have any questions or feedback about this topic, please email me at [email protected]
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

This is a great idea, Kelly.

I know when I started to bleed a bit at the start of this pg, I was totally freaked. Having a few other members share their stories with me about they had a similar thing and everything turned out fine was a huge help.

'd never realise bleeding and then going on to have a normal pg was so common... my experience had always been if I started to bleed, then I m/cd. It was very reassuring to know that a bit of bleeding didn't always signal the end

Great Idea!

I have had two pregnancys, both with bleeding. The first was very light bleeding (only in the morning) that started without cramping. It started at 6 weeks. After a few days of U/S and HCG levels being tested, it was confirmed that I had M/C. The next couple of days, the cramping started and I ended up having a D&C.

This pregnancy the first time I bled was at about 8 weeks. It was just like when I had M/C. Only when I wiped and was only a small amount (sorry TMI). And stopped straight away. I thought the worst. Of course all was ok. But unfortunately it occured several times again, the last time being at about 29 weeks. The bleeding is occuring fom my cervix. Due to it being so soft. It does not harm the baby, but its just annoying. I don't worry about it as much now as I did when it first happened. But I'm still a fanatical TP checker! LOL! The fact that my OB was never concerned, helped me alot to not panic too much.

Sorry if I went on to much!

jkas Guest

I found out Aug 4 that I am pg.Then the next night I had some dark red bld when I wiped (sorry if tmi) and a streak in my pad.The next day went to the Dr they did bhcg on aug 6(friday)and aug 9.I 've had blding since I found out I'm pg with cramping.My bhcg went up and doc figures everything is fine.I had more b/w done today so I'll feel better tommorow when I get those results.Dr figures it's implantation blding.My blding has been like a light period that has lasted 5days.I've had no blding today.On the monday night when I went to br I had bright red bld and fair amount very scary.Still terrified we'll m/c I've been ttc for 14months.
    Jan

Like you guys I too have had some bleeding, only really when wiping and especially after doing number 2, and just little spots on my pads.

My doctor sent me for u/s at 7 weeks which showed that there was nothing really wrong, my peanut had a perfect little heart beat and was 8.5 mm in length. It's so amazing!!

He put me on antibiotics and it seemed to clear up alot but has now come back again and he seems to think it's just going to be me during pregnancy and not to worry about it. It is a bit worse today though, I sneezed and started spotting today so I think I will try to get in to see him again tomorrow.

I must say though that it has made me very cautious on the having sex front though, I just don't want to do anything that may cause problems.

Everyone and everything says not to worry about it but gee that hard to do or what? With the m/c stats its hard not to think the worse isn't it?

Thinking positively

Cindy

I had veeeery light spotting the first two time I bd after finding out I was pg (So about 4 weeks and 5 weeks). It was very light and wasn't even any on the toilet paper, just in my knickers.
    Tanya

I also had a very tiny amount of bleeding, (could only see a little bit when I wiped) at around week 5 of pregnancy (when AF would have been due). I remember I completely freaked out, as I had only found out I was PG that very day, and I was convinced I was going to miscarry. But my U/S the next week showed everything was fine, and the bleeding stopped by about then too...

poodleowner Guest

I was pregnant about 4.5 years ago 7 weeks into the pregnancy I started to bleed very heavily with clots (sorry) ranging between golf ball size and tennis ball size, at 12weeks I miscarried I was rushed to hospital by ambulance and it was so painful (worse than giving birth full term) I was given pethidine and had to be on painkillers for a week after.
    This time when I found out I was pregnant I was so scared and at 8 weeks it started again, between 8-12 weeks I had 3 ultrasounds and was once rushed to hospital by ambulance because we thought I was miscarrying again, it was so bad that they booked me in for a termination at 11.5 weeks but the day before I changed my mind and thank god I did because as soon as I hit 12weeks the bleeding stopped and the rest of the pregnancy went smoothly.

I had a lot of bleeding with Jack. It started at around the 2 month mark. Nobody knew why it happened, it continued happening (around every fortnight or so) until I was 8 months pregnant and then stopped. i had countless u/s and was rushed off the vline train into the northern hospital at one stage. Sometimes it was a darkish brown color and other times it was bright red, I used to go into my Docs every time it happened to hear the heartbeat, so I could reassure myself that Jack was ok. When my placenta was delivered, I was told that it was "ragged" whatever that means?? I still have no answers as to why it kept happening, and really hope it doesn't happen again as I was in a constant state of stress!

Jo

Fifa Guest

Default bleeding

Hi Everyone,

I am currently going through a little bout of bleeding (I am 12 weeks). When it first started it looked a little like a lightish period. I was terrified, and boyfriend rushed me to hospital. They couldnt find anything wrong, so i had to wait until next day to go in for scan. imagine our relief when we saw baby, healthy and kicking around!! everything was fine - placenta, cervix, baby, everything, plus i had no pain. they couldn't tell me with any certainty exactly what caused the bleeding, but that as everything was fine and there were no indicators of threatened misscarriage, that i shouldn't worry too much. I am bleeding again a bit and can't help but worry, but am monitoring it closely. They think it may simply be small ruptured blood vessel in uterus. if it gets any heavier or pain starts, Im to go straight into hospital again. it's so had not to worry, but i have been told to RELAX!! like another poster said, it is reassuring to know that lots of other women go through this and go on to have beautiful healthy babies.

fifa is great that you saw healthy happy bubs. just make sure you get it checked out each time it happens, as the incidents may not even be realted, and try not to stress, i am sure all will be fine

Hey Fifa,

Welcome to BellyBelly and congrats on your pg! I hope the bleeding stops soon and that everything goes well for you. All the best.

I had bleeding, like a normal period, when I was about 3 weeks pregnant. Because my periods are normally irregular, I just thought it was my normal period, so I didn't find out I was pregnant until 11 weeks. I read that you can have bleeding when normal AF is due, something to do with not enough of a certain hormone (not sure which one), but it doesn't affect the baby at all. I also had slight spotting at 29 weeks due to thrush around my cervix.

Bumsie Guest

Default 7 wks, light pink morning bleeding...worried

Hi there,
    1st of all, thank you for this forum - it is so helpful!
    I am 7 wks pregnant (1st pregnancy). Last week end when I woke up to go pee I saw a bit of pink-mucousy blood on the toilet paper. I got so frightened. The bleeding stopped within an hour. I wore a pad all day but nothing ...
    Next morning, same thing...
    3rd morning, same thing...
    Then nothing for 3 days.
    Then this morning, same thing happened.
    No cramping or clots...just this pinkish slime when I wipe.
    Midwife says it could be nothing...but was no gurantee. Am booked for a scan on the 1st of November.
    I'm worried. I keep waiting for the cramps to start.
    I still take my BBT every morning and that is still high. My breats are alsoo still swollen and sore. I have not had any other symptoms.
    Anyone out there have something similar?
    ciao
    B

B, i havent had anything similar, but it is reassuring you havent had any cramps or anything, if you werent due, would you be about due for AF? some people get AF right through pregnancy. just try not to stress until you have ultrasound. good luck sweetie

Hey B,

Welcome to BB and congrats on your pg!

Big hugs to you. I can completely understand how frightening it is to have spotting/bleeding during pg. Spotting during pg isn't uncommon though, and it definitely doesn't always mean m/c. There is an article on bleeding that you can read on the main BellyBelly page.

I had some pink streaked/tinged cm earlier this week and just had a scan yesterday and bubs is doing great, so spotting doesn't always mean things are going wrong.

Good luck!! :luck:

Bumsie Guest

Default thank you!!

Thanks so much for your responses. Relief to hear of other people who have had spotting that was not "bad news" !
    I live in The Netherlands and here they don't really measure the amount of hormones in your blood. I have an apt for the scan on the 1st. of Nov.
    Send me positive vibes!!
    Will keep you posted...
    cheers
    B

Jules01 Guest

hi there

I am 7.5 weeks pregnant & have had what seems to be AF :af: twice in the last week & a bit!!!

Started last week with seeing brownish blood (sorry!!) when i wiped. By the time I got to work there was plenty more. Called OB and he sent me for an u/s asap. Results were good - bubs was all safe and sound. \/

Bleeding stopped a couple of days later then all of a sudden I developed very very bad abdominal cramps for 36 hours!!!. They were so bad they had my doubled over. No bleeding though.

A couple of days later I had bleeding AGAIN ](*,) and my tummy was rather sore (no cramps though) so called the OB and they sent me off for another u/s. Again, u/s showed that the little terror was safe and sound. Also, that he had doubled in size!!! :happy4u:

I am feeling much calmer as the OB seems to be calm about everything. I'm still a little worried in the back of my head but am trying not to think about it. I have taken the week off work and am just trying to relax at home.

:smt041 feeling much better today but still have some slight spotting. Having more problems with feeling very queasy

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast