Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hoe long did it take to conceive?

I was 26 when I fell pregnant with Madeline (DH was 24) after about 6 months of trying. No history of fertility issues, but I had assumed I ovulate on day 14, when in fact its more like day 19. First month of using OPKs (ovulation predictor kits) and we fell pregnant.

We are up to ur 19th month so far and still nothing. Our FS says we have unexplained infertility. Our first lot of tests all come back ok (progesterone, DH's SA etc).
    We started TTC when we were 28 and are now both 30. We are now about to start the IVF process.

We started trying when I was 30. After 18mths trying GP refered us to fertility doc & sent me for u/s to check overys were OK. She called me couple of days after the u/s and said do a HPT as there was 'something' on the ultrasound. I did 3 tests - all BFP! Then cancelled the appointment with the fertility doc. Lucas is due in 5 weeks.

We are both 29 and it took us 5 months. That sounds a really short time, but it felt like forever........

I was 23 and DH 29 and we fell the first time trying. Guess we were one of the lucky ones. My doctor warned us that it could take up to 12 months of trying first.

It took us 5 months after stopping the pill. Me 29 DH 27

It took us 3 months to fall pregnant. We'd done many month of pre conception care and charting before we started trying.

Kirsty77 Guest

8 months with no success, then was diagnosed with PCOS went on clomid so a total of 13 months for our daughter Gemma.

This time went straight onto clomid and fell preggers first month!

skorpy Guest

My first pregnancy,i was 20 and he wasnt planned,i was with my then Boyfriend who is now an ex.Took one time of Oops.

My second pregnancy was planned with my Hubby.I was 30 years old and i was on the injection for contraception before,so im not sure how long it would have took if i didnt have the injection because apparently it can take up to 12 months to come out fo your system before you can concieve,but i didnt do too bad as i concieved 6 months after.

Aged 32 This Pregnancy took 4 months.I started to worry thinking something was wrong with me because i was going by my Cervical mucus each month and knew i was having intercourse at around the right time. But 4 months is good going neither the less.
    Last edited by skorpy; July 18th, 2006 at 08:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12