Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hospital stay after bubs is born...

Default hospital stay after bubs is born...

Hey all,

How long did you stay in hospital after bubs was born?

woozie Guest

Hi Emz,

I stayed in hospital for 5 days with all 3 of my babies. I think they tried, on day 3 of all days, to suggest I go home. I got all emotional, as you do when the baby blues hits, & they said not to worry I could go home when I was ready. I think they like to get rid of you ASAP but I dont leave till Im confidently feeding (I breastfed all 3)

HTH

I was in for 3 days with DD, but with DS I was there a week as I was GBS+ and DS had to be on antibiotics for 5 days as I had such a quick labour there was not enough time for me to have antibiotics myself.

I had 5 day stays both times, but my neighbour came home the same day by choice :shock:

Tigergirl1980 Guest

3 days here

The hospital I went to you stay 3 days for an event free vaginal and 5 days for event free c/s. I'm not sure if most do that but that's what they do at Frankston Hospital here in Victoria.

I stayed 3 days.

I stayed for one day when I had Yasin and then had home care but this time round I'm planning on staying for longer so that I can rest a bit more and avoid visitors who won't leave.

I stayed 6 days, after a C/S. My main reason for staying though was to get all the advice i could about BF. I wanted to be able to pick the midwives brains about it all. They were happy for me to stay that long too, and some of them said they thought it was a great idea to stay longer(which surprised me as i thought they would be trying to push me out the door)

We went home on day 6. When the doc said I could go home whenever I wanted, he was suprised when I asked if I could leave that day LOL. I probably would have been okay with leaving a day or 2 earlier but Kynan had jaundice so he had to stay under the phototherapy lights.

Kirsty77 Guest

I had an uncomplicated c/s and went home on day3.I was desperate to get back into familar surroundings and be able to trudge around in my underwear without having to worry about whos around or where I am!

Tulip, I know some hospitals let you out after 24hrs but that is your choice.

When i had Kimberley in was in for 8 days but she was in the special care until she was born by c/section.
    With Alexander i was in 5 days and he was born by c/section as well he only spent 4 days in the special care until. I was in hospital from the Friday before he was born so in total i was in hospital for 10 days.

Years ago we went to visit a friend who'd just had a baby, got to the hospital, and they told us she'd gone home! She had the baby 4hrs before! That was her 3rd.

I would have thought she'd appreciate the rest in the hospital, rather than going home so soon to 2 other little munchkins! But each to their own I guess. She managed fine. I think she had to agree to some kind of homecare arrangement. Not sure.

I stayed 4 days after the birth and I had a complicated caesar. I could have stayed longer but I couldn't stand the lack of privacy and noise. The only advantage I could see in staying was the regular meals delivered to my bed.

Astrid

cazoraz Guest

I stayed just 1 night, we were in the Birthing Centre at Frankston Hospital where you generally go home within 24hrs if all is good. I probably should have staye dlonger due to a huge blood loss from teh birth but I missed my 2yr old too much.

Unfortunately we ended back at the hospital 3 days later as Coleman was severly jaundiced and I had an infection from the birth so we had to stay in another 2nights :mad:

xxxCaz

DD was born on a Sunday morning via emergency c/section and I told the mdiwives Tuesday morning that I was going home.
    They wanted me to stay a few extra days, I think because they were worried about my DH's family being a bit overbearing, me being a 1st time mum and only being 21 as well.

Nic

Jenna was born at 11pm Monday, and I was put into the ward about 2am Tuesday am. I had a shocking night as I still had my IV in and there was beeping and noise, and I couldn't sleep or move!
    Tuesday night I had a kinda rude girl in my room, and she kep me awake all night with her snoring. I couldn't get a panadol quickly, the midwives were run off their feet at night, I was sick of the food, the bright lights, all the people, and I missed my bed. I discharged myslf on Wednesday. So all up I was in hossy for about 48hours - including the labour.
    I had 3 dom midwives visit over the next week, and that was great.

This time we are going through the FBU again (although hopefully I wont need any intervention like a induction!!!!) and we are expected to discharge within 24hrs. Just remember, this is what they want if everything is OK. If you aren't up to it, the hospital will move you into the ward for up to 3-4 days I think. Dont feel pressured to be on your way if you aren't up for it.

Fi

I had Emma at 4am and left the hospital at around 7pm that night. I even had my own room at a public hospital but I still wanted to go home.

When I was at the same hospital to have my son in 2002 I was there for 2 nights with 3 other women who snored and had their tv's on loud. I did not sleep at all and I didn't want that again.

getinmybelly!! Guest

I stayed five days with DD (who is now almost 6), but I think Geelong hospital is now only 3 days. I loved being in hospital and found it hard to believe they were letting me leave with a baby

DD will be at school, so I dare say I will be home fairly quickly so she doesn't miss school.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast