Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Housework - When did you stop

I wasnt allowed to do housework that involved strenuous activity with my boy Thomas but with Cody i was sick all pregnancy so i did housework as a distraction, plus DH had to cook coz i couldnt stand any smells, so i was continuously opening up the house and making the place smell like a hospital ( truckloads of disinfectant !)

I LOVE YOUR COMMENT TANYA!!!! pmsl !!!

I still do all the usual housework but dh does all the mopping and cleans the bathtub and shower these days, only because I had a few scares early on and the ob said I had to take it easy, so I still do the dusting etc and only vaccum if dh is working on the weekends.

Do what you feel is comfortable and have some short rests in between - I find that helps.

I didn't stop - I even did a spot vaccum before I left for the hospital However, I DID modify my methods and frequency. Like Ozziehoffy, I did what I could when I could. And I allowed plenty of "recovery" time because I had bad edema.

Thanks mum2bee. I've always been clam when they have told me they where going to deliver one of mine. Even when they gave me a few hours notice with Kimberley.

I had to stop mopping and vacuming early on due to spotting whenever I vacumed. I can't shop at the supermarket with a trolley which is really frustrating so I have to make frequent trips with a basket or shop online.

When DP walks through the door !!

You don't ever stop. The housework will always be there and will always need doing. If I want that toilet cleaned I'd better get on my hands and knee's coz no other buggar is going to do it for me.

LMAO Trish! So true!! Same in this house - I wiped down the bathroom before I went to hospital, lol. Had Zain 2 hrs later.

I didn't really stop doing the housework. There were some days when I just didn't have the energy, but once I hit 37 weeks I did everything that involved strenuous activity as I was hoping it would bring on labour (no such luck as my DD made me wait 5 extra days!).

Todays duties in housework for me...Do the washing, vacuum, including going around all the edges, because I am too short to get the architraves I will be using a broom to attack the cobwebs I might have missed 3 days ago. Vacuum out the window tracks. Mop the floors, to clean the shower I use the mop as well to avoid a lot of bending over, I vacuum out the tub and then I mop it as well and because my dog snots all over the windows I may just do them as well. Justin tries his hardest but I am so pedantic on how things get done that I end up going behind him and doing it my way.

I am a born slob...The last couple of months has seen a major change in me. So for me I am only just starting

PMSL Sarah - you crack me up - naughty doggy!! Love the broom in the shower idea, thats one job Ive left to DH from ages ago and hes done it once and its really starting to bug me, but no way was I going to get on my hands and knees in that thing! Will put it on my list for tomorrow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12