Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Housework - When did you stop

Default Housework - When did you stop

Just wondering when most people stopped doing things like Vacumming, Mopping and sweep floors?

I find mopping the floors to be very difficult, have felt that for about 4 -6 weeks now, but, sweeping and vaccuming, i still seem to be able to handle ok.

My DH usually does the vacuuming anyway I just did what I could when I could do it. Some days I felt fine to be scrubbing away and other days I didn't, so I wouldn't. Just do what you can do

my husband works long hours and often 6 days a week, so unfortunately if I don't do the vaccuming and that sort of thing it often doesn't get done and I hate the house being dirty! I normally pay for it at the end of the day if I have had a cleaning frenzy though and have to have a meeting with my BF - my heat pack! DH is fantastic though, he really does do so much around the house, I don't know how I would survive without him!

Cass is totally right though, just do what you can when you can, don't put too much pressure on yourself to be a superwoman!

i think I did more housework in the last two weeks of my pregnancy than I did in the rest of it lol.

I didn't really "stop"....second pregnancy in particular I had a 20 month old at the end so I was forever having to bend over and pick things up off the floor and clean up her messes because there was no one else here to do it.
    But DH always takes over the vacuming, sweeping etc in the last few months because he'd rather do it himself than listen to me complain LOL.

Isiss Guest

I have been doing little bits at a time, to avoid over doing it. My back is stuffed, which doesn't help, so I tend to leave the picking up of things to the kids, who love to help.

I have to admit my OH is a pretty good housewife LOL.

I didn't stop at all, if anything I cleaned more.

Ellie

I didn't stop either - my waters broke after mopping the floor on my due date

Havent stopped and I have been doing more because Im not working!! Might actually mop and vac tomorrow and see if I can get things moving!!!!

I haven't stopped either, but I find it hard to clean the shower and vaccum the floors now. Most of the time DH vaccums for me, but he works 6 days a week. I didn't clean at all this w/end & I feel guilty but I was so tired plus this is my last week of work, so I can spread out the cleaning over the days rather than a w/end

I would suggest you stop sooner rather than later - your back will only suffer for it if you don't, unfortunately. Porblem is the nesting bug can hit real bad in the last few weeks so it's harder than you'd think to stop LOL!!!

With DS it wasn't unusual for me to mop the floors a few times a week, and scrub out the bathroom once a week also. Whenever I got bored, I cleaned it seemed.
    I think it'll be the same this time round also. Unfortunately if I stop, this whole house stops, and I can't live in a grotty house

I didn't stop doing housework. As you know i had a house full of lovely ppl the day before i had Eleanor

I stopped a few years ago
    LOL
    Tanya

LOL Tanya.

What i should have said was Housework what's that ???

I havent stopped cleaning and I dont think that I will stop cleaning. If I dont clean, then nothing will get done due to a very slack partner!! I also find mopping difficult, but I do what I can when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by *Michelle* View Post
    I didn't stop doing housework. As you know i had a house full of lovely ppl the day before i had Eleanor
    Yes - and i still admire you for that. You are my inspiration Michelle - if i can be half as calm as you where that day, then i will be happy

Veronica - i now find when mopping (although with reno - the floors are covered with brick dust anyway, so DH does it) but, for the more stubbon areas around the kitchen bench etc, i just get a kitchen scrubbing sponge and just do it by hand, on my hands and knees. Takes longer thou, but doesnt hurt as much in the tum, and also, puts you in a good position (on hands and knees) to help encourage bubs get into right position.

My DH is mostly pretty good - but i feel bad as he does so much outside, that i hate to bother him.
    Yesterday, i vacummed, but used his shed vacume cleaner, as it has a really really long hose, and therefore i dont need to move the actual vacume much. Its just very hard to do the carpet, cause it doesnt have anything under the head to help it slid, so, i just mostly did the lino floors and the cement areas in the extensions, and told him he would have to do the lounge and bedrooms. But, might just get my normal one out and use it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast