: How Did You Feel About The Gender Of Your Baby (2012 poll)

• I was/am very happy to have either gender

40 44.94%
  • I had/am having a girl but would have liked a boy

4 4.49%
  • I had/am having a boy but would have liked a girl

7 7.87%
  • I had/am having a girl but I really want a boy

2 2.25%
  • I had/am having a boy but I really want a girl

3 3.37%
  • I had/am having a surprise but hoping for a girl

4 4.49%
  • I had/am having a surprise but hoping for a boy

1 1.12%
  • I am having/had a girl and really wanted a girl

21 23.60%
  • I am having/had a boy and really wanted a boy

7 7.87%

thread: How do you feel about the gender of your baby?

Nov 2008
    Perth

I had my second daughter in Dec 2011 and her gender was a surprise (as was her older sister's) and I was thrilled! I know I would have been slightly disappointed if we'd had a boy. I'd love another girl when we try for a third child too!

You were RAK'ed in 2015

Mar 2011
    Perth

When at the start of this pregnancy I was carrying twins, I really wanted one of each. Having lost one of them, I genuinely don't mind if our remaining baby is a boy or a girl, and am looking forward to the surprise. Even if it were possible to find out the gender of the one we lost, I don't think I'd want to, in case I felt like I loved or wanted it less if it were the same gender as the one we'll be taking home.

Jul 2009
    Australia

I was fortunate for both pregnancies to get the sex i really wanted.

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

Surprise here, this time around, but will be happy with either!

Add Butterfly Dawn on Facebook

Aug 2008
    Climbing Mt foldmore

Baby number 3 was a girl. Thank goodness. If it had been a boy i would have loved him but perhaps not have coped with 3 boys. Our gentle girl is just what was needed. Balances the full on monkeys

Sent from my Galaxy with the barefoot princess covering me in kisses, so please forgive the mistakes

Sep 2009
    Brisbane, QLD

I wanted to have a boy first to appease DH's family....they kept harping on about the family name and that unless someone *hint hint* has a Boy it will be lost forever
    And I got one so now the pressure is off!

Being that this is my last baby I was kinda sorta hoping for a girl BUT I have to admit another Boy would be very convenient - same toys etc

Apr 2006
    Perth

I voted wanted a girl, got a girl. For my first pregnancy I had more of a leaning towards a girl. The second I really didn't care. This time I got the perfect third girl I was wanting.

Feb 2009

I voted for really wanting a boy and getting a boy. We actually found out the sex at the 20w scan and didn't tell anyone that we knew... I really needed to know what I was having. I think it stemmed from DH having 2 girls from a previous relationship and wanting to give him something different. He wasn't concerned in the slightest, but I really wanted us to have a boy.

Sep 2005
    In the middle of nowhere

After desperately wanting a second girl and getting a boy, I was very surprised to find myself desperately wanting my last pregnancy to be a boy, so that he would have a little mate. I'd always seen myself the mother of girls, and yet here I was, wanting the opposite lol.
    Same as DSs pregnancy I decided not to find out the sex at the morphology scan as I didn't want to have a moments disappointment towards my baby. I know other people say that knowing makes them prepared and more able to come around to the idea, but that didn't feel right for me. However, during the scan I saw for myself what gender baby was. I kept it to myself for the longest time. I gave her her name and that made her more real to me.

Some people told me I should be grateful for a healthy baby. She was my seventh pregnancy. I'm all too aware of the miracle that is a healthy baby. In the end I'm not disappointed. Not like I thought I might be. But I was very fearful of my own possible feelings.

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

May 2007
    Brisbane

I answered, although I'm not in your target group really. First time around I wanted a boy, was terrified of having a girl, and had a girl (which, it turns out, isn't so bad ).
    This time, I would have been fine having either, but I was very happy to find ut we are expecting another girl. I preferred a girl. Although not enough that I would have been disappointed not to have one.

Rach83 Guest

If you had of asked me this a year ago
    I would have said I hope it's a boy. But after two miscarriages the truth is all I want is a baby.

Mar 2011
    Sydney, Australia

I was so scared of having a girl, but was so rapt when she was born I want another and think I will be a little sad if this one is a boy.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Add Butterfly Dawn on Facebook

Aug 2008
    Climbing Mt foldmore

Bump

This is very interesting.

Sorry if it doesn't make sense, the barefoot princess is covering me with kisses

Jul 2012

I was happy to have either - I guess I kind of wanted a girl a little more than a boy (only because everyone I know who has had a baby in the last couple of years has had boys!), but I wouldn't have been disappointed had she been a boy. I'm grateful for the ability to have a child.

♥ BellyBelly's Creator ♥
    Add BellyBelly on Facebook Follow BellyBelly On Twitter

Feb 2003
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

*bump*
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Jun 2009
    Brisbane, Qld

I would have liked to have a little girl with this pregnancy as its my last and was a bit worried about gender disappointment if I were to find out its a boy but we found out I'm having a second little boy and am thrilled! No gender disappointment at all! Main thing is that I was able to naturally conceive this little boy and have a healthy baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk