Thread: how early did you wear maternity clothes?

Default how early did you wear maternity clothes?

Hi!

Just wondering how early others needed to start wearing maternity clothes? I'm almost 13 weeks, and starting to feel like everything (but especially bottoms) are going to burst..

Hi rayray...I was 13/14 weeks when i started wearing maternity clothes. I wasnt really showing but they were so much more comfortable. Bubby objected very much to being squished.

Jo

I hated that transition time when my regular clothes were too small but the maternity clothes were too big!
    I used the belly belt for a while until it got annoying with the pressure on my belly.
    I wore a lot of trackies and elastic waist skirts. I also got some clothes a size or 2 bigger and I wore them after I had bubs too.

I started wearing mat clothes a few weeks ago. I started in the trousers first around 17/18 weeks maybe. I can still (just) get away with wearing normal tops if they are stretchy and lycra

I didn't wear them at all in my pregnancy with Kameron 8-[ With Lachlan I brought 1 maternity t-shirt and a couple pairs of normal track pants, late in the pregnancy.

love

I have only worn maternity t-shirts i have two. Just wear track pants all the time.

I found buying stuff the next size up better and sometimes cheaper.

Oh gosh, I can't really remember exactly but I know that there was a period there that normal clothes were too small and mat clothes were too big, I think about 20 weeks? I was using the Belly Belt before then for my work gear and jeans. Bigger size trackies are a good idea for around the house and I got men's t-shirts and long sleeved tops for around the house also that worked well.

The main thing is, if you feel uncomfortable, wear mat clothes or larger sized, no matter how many weeks you are. If can differ from person to person, feeling comfy is the most important thing!

I just bought some black pants for work. Im nearly 8 weeks and have been wearing them for 2. They are maternity pants, but they fit like normal pants now and will just grow with me. They're so comfy. I also bought a skirt which is very similar. At home though, I just wear trackies and tshirts. Hubby's tshirts are always great!!
    The real bummer is having to buy a new wardrobe to wear to work. Im going to look around target and stuff and get creative. maybe some elastic pants with a dress of some sort over the top.

I wore black maternity pants for work since 8 weeks and have grown out of them now. Still wearing them but they are tight. Didn't wear maternity tops till about 18 weeks and still wear normal tops although my belly hangs out the bottom of them.

hey hey hey - if you're in melbourne - there is this ACE maternity wear shop in Ormond - on high street - last time, I bought two pairs of jeans, a denim shirt, a baseball style shirt and a long black dress for $85 !! I'm going back again this time, for sure. When I do school rounds in August for three weeks, I'll need something other than trakkies and tshirts !

And Myer (at knox, i dont know about the others), last time I was in, about two weeks ago - had four racks of Ripe and other maternity clothes for 75% off the marked down price - so tops and pants ended up being about $15.

ALSO, again, with Target, check their 'clearance' racks - they sometimes have larger sizes and end of season stuff at super cheap prices.

I can't get into my regular jeans even now, not comfortably anyway and I'm only 10 weeks !

Barb.

I am 8 weeks, and anything slightly fitted before is not fitting at all now!! It's partly due to pigging out, and partly due to the fact that I used to suck my stomach in!! I feel HUGE!!! Thank god I haven't been weighed yet, or I'd be in trouble for putting on too much weight!!!

I used the belly belt from about 14 or so weeks I think. I still wore my normal tops with it though and just used one of those stretchy lycra band things to cover the belly belt. Started wearing maternity jeans around 24 weeks. For tops I just went to larger sizes in regular clothes as I didn't really like any of the maternity tops I found.

I bought maternity pants and bigger tops even earlier than 13 weeks as my tummy just felt so swollen and i couldnt fit into my hipster style pants. I bought a bra at about 9 weeks as my boobs just grew and grew and they havent stopped yet

At about 12 weeks pg I went out and bought a few tops and a pair of pants 2 sizes up (went from a 10 to a 14), and at about 20 weeks pg I started wearing some of my maternity clothes, though the tops did look a bit big for those first weeks.
    Up until 38 weeks pg I was about to wear size 16 non-maternity jeans and shorts, under my belly... and then for tha last week of pg I just lived in trakkie pants

Barb, I've heard about that maternity shop in Ormond, I'm going there in a couple of weeks

I bought some looser clothes for home, but work is "business casual" so I might need some dressier stuff.

With maddiosn i wasa nbot showing til 25 wks so used to wear hipsters & tight T-shirts with a round but hard little pot, with this one at 8wks I could no longer fit into bra's, tops or pants, so have been in maternity clothes since about 8-9 wks, I bought all from the Pumpkin patch season change over sale, I got about $250 worth of clothes for $80. I have 3 pairs of pants (I also needed work dress clothes & pants!) I grabbed a few large t-shirts from friends whom recently had babies.. I think I was really big quick & seem to have not really grown much in last 4 wks or so, although people still think I am about to have it!?

I won't be buying any more clothes though, they all strtch at the waist still so I think I should be right & once work is finished up I can sloth at home in anything I like!!!!

I actually gave 2 medium Pumpkin Poatch maternity tops to a friend who's tall & due at same time as me, she is tall & not really showing, she showed me that the top totally swims on her, she has gone from an A cup to a B cup, I have gone from C Cup to an F cup, so no wonder the tops look massive on her!

Atleast I will get the wear out of them though!!!

I just had to add there is a pumpkin patch shop at DFO in Moorabbin and they have really cheap maternity clothes.