Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long did it take you to fall pregnant??

DD took us 8 months after coming off the pill.

#2 took us 3 months coming off the pill

I hope i manage to get my BFP as quick as some of you This is my first cycle and i think i already have my hopes up that it will happen, no harm in keeping positive right........

9 cycles for us - all charted - I have a slightly long cycle, but I do ovulate every month and we did plenty of correctly timed BD'ing. In fact the cycle I fell was one where I had very little hope as I had to go away at CD16... hadn't even tested until AF was 2 days late (which was unheard of at that stage!).

I would say that sometimes it seems that everyone else is falling straight away which makes you question yourself. Out of my closest friends, 2 of them fell straight away and myself and another took 9 months and 12 months.

Preg 1: second month (v surprised given I was 36 at the time)
    Preg 2: about six months but wasn't charting or taking ANY notice of dates so may have been quicker if I had.

Preg 1: Unplanned whoopsie, now my 13yo DD.
    Preg 2: Failed contraception, now angel.
    Preg 3: Whoopsie, now angel.
    Preg 4: Blighted ovum, now angel.
    Preg 5: Planned after medically advised 3 month wait, conceived first cycle, now 4yo DS.
    Preg 6: Unplanned, now angel.
    Preg 7: Planned, happened after 2 cycles, now 21 month old son.

I was 24 when when I was pregnant with my Ist baby.... DH and I decided to make a go of our relationship after learning of her conception... and what a fertile couple we have turned out to be! I am 38 now and our family is complete.
    Last edited by Bathsheba; March 31st, 2008 at 04:18 PM.

the longer it takes the more likely it will happen for you soon is one way of looking at it!
    you have probably heard the stats but just in case you haven't it takes on average something like 20-25% couples in the first month of trying, 60% of couples trying to get pregnant do so within six months. 75% of couples get pregnant within nine months while 80% get pregnant within a year. 90% of couples get pregnant within eighteen months of trying.
    and all the more excited you will be when you get your BFP! it will happen but i know it is disappointing each month that it doesn't.

ttc number 1 took us 5 months - it was almost unreal when we got the BFP after so many BFNs.
    Last edited by kylieb77; April 4th, 2008 at 12:34 PM.

fallen pregnant 5 times without ever even trying (trying to avoid if anything!)

fell preg 3 times on the pill and twice off whilst being sooper dooper careful.

You might think that is a blessing, but id rather have to try a little and ensure that bubs sticks - instead of recurrent mcs.

Took us 3 cycles. I had been off the pill for over a year and had been charting my cycle for about 3 months before we started TTC, so had a fairly good idea where I was at which I think helped. I'm now 25 weeks pregnant with our first and looking forward to our new addition.

As much as some couples don't want to focus too much on it even before TTC, I think that having the awareness of your body and your cycle is important.

I do feel very blessed that it was able to happen for us esp when friends of ours have been trying for over a year with nothing. They're only just starting to focus on proper timing a bit more now, so hopefully it works for them too.

Good luck to everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12