Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel like its not morning sickness but no one believes me - help!

FireAndIce Guest

Default I feel like its not morning sickness but no one believes me - help!

Hi all!

I've been feeling really poorly for the past two weeks. I haven't been able to eat or drink as nothing seems appetising and it just makes me nauseated. That sounded like morning sickness to me, including the dizziness and the fainting spells.

But now, I've got a fever, can't seem to get warm enough and my muscles are really weak, I can't seem to stand up or walk for more than a few paces. This bit does not sound like morning sickness to me.

I went to Flinders Medical Centre in SA last Thursday, but was told that it was just normal morning sickness. I almost had to force the doc to put me on IV fluids, which he did (1 bag) then sent me home. I haven't gotten any better, the peppermint tea that I've managed to get down plus Pramin which my GP put me on is not helping with the nausea and I still can't swallow much.

With all this and trying to work for a boss who's not that understanding when I'm away from work, it's becoming really unbearable. Has anyone experienced this? Can anyone please advise?

Thanks a lot!

Maybe your coming down withthe flu on top of the M/S?? All I can suggest is going back for a second opinion maybe.

FireAndIce Guest

FionaJill,

Thanks for your reply!

I dunno what it is, will try going back to my GP tonight... I just can't seem to function.

Even if it is just m/s they should be takin git more seriously. not being able to eat & having dizzy spells & fainting isn't good. You need to be able to function!

eta - The wekend I found out I was pregnant I had the worst throat infection. I was bed ridden for days. So If it is somthing like the flu etc, it is possible that its just really hit you hard seems your body is already busy with making a baby KWIM?

FireAndIce Guest

FionaJill, yeah, KWYM.

Just hope it's something that goes away quick... Thank goodness for the Anzac Day long weekend coming up! Think I'm gonna sleep through it

curl Guest

I've gotten sick from colds/flu with each pregnancy. I believe is due to the fact that the immune system is compromised as our bodies are busy making a baby and not really taking care of the host like it usually does.

I would definitely seek another opinion, your symptoms seem a little extreme to be just morning sickness and the doctors should be taking it more seriously. Sleep as much as you can and try to keep the fluids up no matter how undesirable they seem. Good on you for making the medical centre doc give you iv fluids.

Good luck with everything.

Miss Vicki Guest

what about a intolorance of sorts ?

i wasnt to dizzy but for weeks are the start i got sick from diary , took me a while to work it out but sicne taken it out of my diet im much better , everyone thought i had m/s

now wheat effect me now , i used to feel lifeless, head aches an just nauses all the time

Hope u get better soon

funny that, i get sick if i eat bread this pregnancy, never had that before

curl Guest

I get sick this pregnancy if I have cereal for breakfast. Its the milk for me but oddly enough its fine in tea or coffee, must be the quantity. So, toast only for breakfast for the time being.

i wouldlove some toast for breakfast. Last time I tried it took about a week for the effects to wear off

curl Guest

Do you think its the wheat Fionajill or the yeast? Have you tried different types of bread like Spelt?

I can eat things like weetbix so I think its probably the yeast or maybe a preservitive but I can live with out it so I haven't bothered trying too much. I can eat the flat breads though which is what makes me think its the yeast

hey, is there any chance u could be having low blood pressure or low blood sugar. try eating more protien foods and sugar to see if it helps. A fever isnt good at the beginning of a pregnancy or right at the end so u need to try and solve the problem. If its the flu, u body might just be working overtime. Keep taking panadol to try and get rid of it. ive had low blood sugar and pressure before and i had all these syptoms..its not nice i know. But yes u need to go see ur doc and tell them u need answers, and no fu*king around on their part. Stand up for urself hun and demand to it to be looked into and treated for! good luck xoxox

When I get pregnant I have a few days where my body just CRASHES, sick and tired and dizzy. Then I am fine! I think our bodies are all different. I also get heaps of colds and flus.

If it goes on for a few weeks I would be asking for a blood test.

Hope your feeling better soon!!
    Persist with the doctor / hospital if you don't feel right go back and tell them your not any better, there must be something that they can do!

I've had bad morning sickness this time but no fever, fainting or dizzy, I can't eat or keep food down.
    Get it checked out, don't feel silly about pestering them that's there job. You'll know if you don't feel right, keep at them!
    Kelly

FireAndIce Guest

Thank you all very much for your replies! It sure means a lot to me!

I've had a series of blood tests, had one just 4 days ago, and the docsaid all was fine, so I guess he must have checked for low blood sugar and he said the blood pressure was fine too.

I don't think the type of food is the problem cos I've been able to eat stuff all!

Just for an idea, yesterday's breakfast was a butter sandwich, lunch was a chicken pie, and a few ginger nut biscuits in between. Couldn't eat a single thing for dinner. Had about 500ml of diluted Ribena and about a glass of water throughout the day.

Today's breakfast was a mandarin, haven't been able to eat or even contemplate eating a single thing since and it's now almost 4pm! Fluids for the day include 4 mugs of peppermint tea and a red bull for a sugar high.

Gonna head back to the GP tonight after work, wish me luck!

Fireandice just be careful of the RedBull it has heaps of caffeine, too much for a small bub to deal with.

I can symapthise though. I got gastro last week. I'm very used to gastro and have had it over 10 times in the last six months, but this bout was the first when pregnant and really knocked me for six. I had the passing out, the fevers...blerch.

You body might be fighting a virus, but the response is slower because it's protecting the little person first.

suggesting low iron levels???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast