Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Morning Sickness Discussion

JadeTara Guest

Unhappy Morning Sickness Discussion

Hi Guys,
    I'm starting to get depressed about this nausea and vomiting now. At 5 weeks I was in hospital for dehydration then again at 6 weeks then at home vomiting and on Zofran wafers. I could only keep down jelly and powerade.
    Then at about 10 weeks I stopped vomiting just had nausea then at 12 weeks the vomiting started again!!! Arghhhh...:eek: :eek:
    I didnt vomit yesterday which was lovely...but when am I gonna feel half decent?
    Did this happen to any one else? You start to feel so alone after awhile.
    Sorry to whinge, its just been really rough. xxxx

Awwww Jade i know what u r going through - u poor thing!!! I was so sick i lost 5 kilos in the 1st 2 weeks of my pg and my dr advised me to quit working (which i gladly did...couldn't get out of bed). Unfortunately mine continued til about 4 1/2 months. The vomiting did slow down to about 1-2 times a day though. I do know of many women who's m/s stopped at 12 weeks.

I really hope it ceases for u and that u can go on to enjoy the rest of your preg

Poor you Jade! It is really debilitating isn't it? I am 13 weeks, and still have the nausea, but the actual vomiting seems to have stopped (for now).

I hope you start to feel better soon, and get plenty of rest!

Jo
    xx

Oh Jade,
    I really feel for you. My M/S stopped at 14 weeks on the dot, and i felt fabulous till the last few weeks of the third trimester when it returned again. I hope you get some relief soon.

I'm 20 weeks and it's still going strong for me I'm also getting migraines with it now aswell. Please know you're not alone.

Hi, I had m/s from well before AF was due right through until 16 weeks, however never any actual vomiting. What I found helpful was: ginger beer, frequent snacks (though heaped on the weight), using spearmint and citrus oils in my aromatherapy diffuser, and also my doc prescribed an extra dose of B6 vitamins. Since then the Women and Children's Hossy in Adelaide did a study on the use of ginger capsules and found it an effective remedy for m/s. Not sure of the dosage but I'm sure your doctor/midwife could check that out...might be worth a try?
    Hope you're feeling better soon
    :-)

jen1024 Guest

I am 10 1/2 weeks and have had the same problem since 5 weeks. I was in the hospital on Friday night to get IV because of dehydration. They put Zofran directly into my IV. I now take it every six hours. Did your doctor supply you with any? If nothing else works for you (as nothing did for me) you could try it. I feel sooooooo much better. Not perfect....but better.

It is horrible isn't it! Can't wait to feel better....and keeping you in my thoughts

oh jade i know how you feel - with my first pg my m/s went to 18 weeks & so far this pg is worse than before so im hoping it will stop at 12 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by B456
    With DD I was naesous (no actual vomiting) day and night from about 8wks through non stop till 14 weeks. It was dreadful - i would spend half the day over the toilet willing myself to throw up just to get rid of the awful sick feeling.
    This is exactly what I had with DS! And also lasted 14 weeks. I was pleased to see the end.

I hope it eases up for you real soon. (MS is not nice at all)

JadeTara Guest

Thank you so much guys, its scary to think that this is so common and theres not all that much you can do but grin and bare it.
    The Zofran helps sometimes though which is fab, but I guess those hormones are stronger than I thought.
    A friend of mine had really bad m/s too up until 14 weeks and she has fought cancer, she said the nausea from chemo was nothing compared to ms! We really are hero's aren't we!
    Our little bubbas are just blissfully floating around in there totally unaware how sick we feel. Bless em'
    heres hoping it passes soon so we can feel somewhat more alive....

I had m/s all through my pregnancy & even when I was in labour. Nothing worked for me unfortunately.

Angela80 Guest

Default No morning sickness... is that bad?

Hi everyone,

Only three days ago (Monday 18 September) my doctor called me to tell me my DH and I are pregnant!

From my cycle I should be about 7 weeks along.

However I'm so worried that I've got no morning sickness whatsoever. I'm still eating normally and I don't feel at all naucious. Is this bad? Does it mean there's something wrong with my baby? My sister is 15 weeks pregnant and she had terrible M/S during her first 10 weeks.

I'm also feeling some cramping like period pain. I only really feel it in the afternoons from about 5-7pm. Should I be going to the doctors before my checkup next week? Is it the baby growing or is there something wrong? (actually I'm having a small one now on my left side - it's 8.30am)

I've had very irratable nipples for about five weeks now, and had a breast augmentation on 30 August (I didn't know I was pregnant). I just hope the baby didn't get hurt during this.

I feel so stupid being paranoid. I suffered a miscarriage in November where I had 18 hours of contractions before losing litres of blood. I never EVER want to experience that sort of loss again and I'm so incredibly scared my baby is dead or that there's something wrong.

Am I being stupid? Are there other women who don't have morning sickness? Is there anyone else who's as crazily paranoid as me?

I look forward to your advice and (hopefully) reassurance.

Angela I had no morning sickness at all, other than for a few days at about 16wks (although this was due to not eating enough & was in the afternoon). It's perfectly normal to have m/s but also perfectly normal to not have m/s

Also I had bad period like pains up until about 6-8wks (can't remember!) which is also totally normal. Just remember your body is building a new little human in there, so you're going to get some stretching / growing pains.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I had almost no m/s either. It's possible that it just hasn't started yet so you might find it will kick in once you are a bit further along, but if not just hoorah and count yourself of one of us lucky ones

I didn't have a great deal of morning sickness in the beginning, but I was very tired. I had hardly any obvious symptoms.

Don't stress You might be one of the lucky ones who gets to ENJOY the pregnancy without feeling sick! LOL.

All the best.

With my 1st p/g I didn't have any m/s at all! And the cramping pains sound normal as well!
    Congrats - I hope it all goes well for you!

Angela, with my first pg I had pretty much no m/s either, threw up once and that was that and felt a little seedy from time to time. This time though, not so lucky...lol. The cramping feeling is usually your body adjusting and ligaments stretching, however if you are worried, see your gp/ob...that's what they're there for and they are used to us being worried.

Angela80 Guest

Ladies, thank you SOOOO much for your kind, kind words and reassurance.

Knowing you're just a keyboard away makes me feel so comforted during this confusing time. I'm so relieved to hear also, that you've experienced period cramping feelings.

Blessings to you all!

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast