Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I think I'm going to get sacked because I'm pregnant!

Good on you Celsie! Don't let the bastard get away with it! As you said, if you don't say anything, he'll just keep doing it.........:evil:

Debbie Lee Guest

Good luck, Celsie. What an appauling way to treat a member of staff.
    I'm so sick of hearing about how women are made to feel like they've been a "hassle" just because they get pregnant. How else are we going to populate the country?? Geez.
    Anyway, I hope the bastard gets what he deserves - if only for making you stress so much in the early stages of pregnancy. Grrrr to him!

OMG what a complete pig. He told your DH and hasnt bothered to tell you? He should have told you first. I dont like your boss.
    I hope karma comes around and bites him on the backside. He shouldnt be allowed to get away with something like that. Did he give an actual reason or just say that your "services werent required any longer"?

That just makes me really angry. I agree with you too - its not about the money, its about the unfair treatment. I got dismissed from my job almost 2 years ago, with my boss telling me "you are consistently not following procedures". I was flabergasted because that was the first I had heard of it. I wasnt even given the opportunity to explain myself or ask questions, and only got 2 days notice with 2 days pay in lieu. It was 4:15pm on a friday and I was expected to vacate my desk by 4:30 and not return the following week.
    This was in the middle of when I was signing contracts for my mortgage!!! Lovely, a mortgage and no job. Just great.

Anyway, i'm just saying some bosses are so nasty and have no idea about fairness. I really hope this guy gets what he deserves.

Good luck with lodging your complaint.
    Last edited by Karina; December 2nd, 2006 at 04:41 PM.

Celsie,

Your boss is pathetic! If it was me I would be tempted to walk out now, if he "needs you services before the 20th" I wouldn't give them to him, I wonder if that would hurt your case though when it comes to doing something about it. Maybe you could call in sick everyday and if you have a nice GP maybe they would write you a medical certificate to say you had m/s. Its good that your DH called and stood up for you, it's great to have the back up! That is just unbelievable for him to not tell you!

GOODLUCK KICKING HIS BUTT!

Celsie,
    Good for you. You are doing the right thing taking action now. Don't wait until after the 20th. You have visual proof that the job was offered to you and the only thing that has changed since he offered you the job is that he has found out that you are pregnant. And not in an underhand way. You were open and honest. Fight it and give him what he deserves.

I wish you all the best.
    Debbie

Good on ya! I agree with you saying it's not about the money, it's the principle of the matter - it's ugly if all someone is after is the money and is only complaining due to that motivation.
    Good luck with it all. You have our support!

OMG girls I'm so overwhelmed by your support.

I have taken this week off and I have NO intention of going back. I explained the situation to a doctor. I've had three REALLY bad days with morning sickness, worse than ever. They wanted to take me to hospital yesterday and put me on a drip, but luckily bubs let me keep some cordial down. I'll see my doctor next week, so hopefully, he'll sign me off for the remaining two weeks. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOU SUPPORT!!!

Celsie. xoxox

Celsie

What a nightmare for you !!
    I agree you have to do something about that git but you HAVE to look after yourself right now. Im glad you have some time off.
    Take care sweetie
    J
    x

Just caught up with this - good on you for kicking his @r$e. You're right he needs to be held responsible and I really hope the company get rid of him now.

Also, sorry to hear about the morning sickness, but it is good you're not going back. You can tell any tribunal what you were good enough to work through until you found out about all of this... second-hand from your husband!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123