Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ideas on how to tell DH

Wow great ideas. I used to dream about how I could surprise DH, but when it actually happened for me, I went into the kitchen in amazement and just said 'I think I just got a positive test'. I needed him to look at it and we re-read the instructions about 5 times before it could sink in, probably because it was faint we just wouldn't believe it.

All the best of luck with a BFP!!

Hi,

well with my first DD we had been TTC for 2yrs,but when i did a test my hubby never saw it and i always bought it so him being from overseas didnt know what they looked like.When i found out i was pg i kept the test that i did at the docters and me and my mum were waiting for him to come home.It was me ,my mum and my brothers sitting there looking at him when i handed him the positive test and we laughed as he looked at it puzzled trying to figure out what it was!!!!.I finally told him this a pg test and when you have 2 lines it means your pg so have a look again ,he then looked and he sort of went into shock,he gave me a hug and got a bit teary,it was lovely.
    With this bubs,it was diffrent because i really wanted to be pg and because i always have a late pg due to PCOS he didnt think i was pregnant,he kept geting annoyed with me because i was so moody and i was crying all the time.he refused to but me a test untili was 3weeks late for AF!!!!.I was gonna kill him,when he got me the test i was praying PLz god let it be positive so i can rub it in his face!!!!!lol.\
    anyway i woke up at about 6am for prayer and i went and did it,i put the test down and i started washing my hand and automatically 2 lines appeared!!!you shouldve seen the smile creep up on my face!!!.
    i went out and gave him the test and said congratualtions,he prostrated thanks to god and gave me a big hug.I was sooo happy that not only was i having another bubs but my mood swings and pains were justified and i could rub it in!!!!!!!.
    sorry went on a bit but just thought i would share how i broke the news.
    Hopefully next time i could use one of these great ideas.

JoDan Guest

well, two days to go til testing!!!

Lol at Scott Fletch!!

For our next pregnancy I have a website bookmarked with a t-shirt I want to buy Zander.
    On the front it says "I have a secret..." and on the back "I'm going to be a big brother"

JoDan Guest

That's cool Sarah

LOVE the wrapping up of pee stick!!

This is what I plan to do when we get around to it:

- buy a classic "bun" - fruit or something, small and round - and leave it in the oven. Then at some point subtly manipulate him into checking the oven: probably by asking him to turn it on and move the oven racks to a different position as if I'm planning on baking something.

Then sit back and watch the penny drop!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12