Thread: Intense Pain?!?!

Unhappy Intense Pain?!?!

I have this really intense pain about half way down my back, centralised in the middle section and wont go away!! What could it be??

I havent had a very good night sleep so far. Its fairly hot over in perth and I had a bad migraine so decided it was best to have a panadine forte and go to sleep. And about 20 mins ago I got woken up by this intense pain around my spine. It was realy bad laying down, but now sitting up straight it is going away...

What could this be from? Maybe a bad reaction from the panadine forte?? First time I have had one while being pg. I had an appt with m/w today and everything was OK, I hope everything still is OK.....

I have a bad middle back pain that comes of it's own accord and goes with chiropractic treatment. See your doc or midwife about it ASAP and please be careful with self medicating with panadeine Forte as it contains Codeine, an opiate drug.

I had mine dealt with at the beginning of my pregnancy by the chiropractor and it worked wonders but now it's back and I have to wait until post partum to deal with it cos my belly is too big!

Hi Ngala

If you are getting a belly then the pain is probably due to the change in your centre of gravity. It could also be caused by your sleeping position.
    Try the following to help with the pain

Hot pack
    Massage
    Stretching
    TENS machine
    Panadine forte is ok to take (no more than 8 tabs in 24 hours) and it would be very unusual to have a reaction to this

Thanks for the response guys. I think about after 30 mins of sitting up nice and straight it ended up going away and I managed to get some sleep..

And my belly is definitely starting to get bigger. I sleep on my side and dont use a pillow or anything like that. I guess it would be worth to start putting a pillow under my belly!

And I only had 1 panadine forte with about 3 glasses of water, so didnt think that it would be a problem. I am going for a checkup tonight so I will make sure that I mention this.