Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labour day or night?

Default Labour day or night?

It just occured to me that most mums I know have gone into labour (properly) at night-time and have headed into hospital in the middle of the night. Just curious if this is the case for any of you out there... Also, do you think there's a reason for this? Maybe it's as you're more likely to be relaxed then?

Jen Schuster Guest

I went into labour at 1.05am and full labour at about 3am

But waited until I couldnt stand it anymore and went to hospital at about 9am. I was 7cm dialated.

Maybe you are right - we are the most relaxed at night. Maybe it is something to do with a watched pot never boils - we sit around all day wanting to go into labour and it all starts when we are asleep

I am glad it happend at night though cause I worked up till Joshuas due date - I didnt want to go into labour at work!!!!!

Love Jen

Default reply

Well with Nyah I went into labor at 7pm and (well walked in to the hospital with one pain) at 7cms dialated and she was born at 11.36pm and if I waited with William and didn't go into hospital at 3pm when I couldn't handle the pain(was only 2cms) then I would of been in there in the middle of the night- he was born at 4.46am.

Jen Schuster Guest

Nadia - wow Nyah was a fast labour - you wouldnt have wanted to wait around!!!!!

My waters broke at about 7am, and I was induced that evening (after spending 5 hours trying to get the drip in!), and Aidyn was born at 3am...

Woke up with first contraction at 2.30am the Monday... gave birth 7.11pm Thursday evening...

mizzsocial Guest

My water broke 2:45am and i had Jake 12:02pm!

With Olivia the labour started around 3 or 4pm, and she was born at 10.59pm.......

With Joel I went to the hospital at around 11.30 pm at 7cms and he was born at 2.29am.

Brandon I went in around 9.30 - 10 pm, again I was 7 cms already and had him by 11.26pm.

Noah was a c section and was born after no labour at 6.57pm.

And Tehya I was in pre labour all weekend and finally got into an established labour around midnight after starting to contract on and off around 8pm and she was born at 6.35am.

My midwife did tell me that most women do go into labour overnight as their bodies are more relaxed and the babies can move down that little bit more too to help start things off.

Take care
    Trish

I went into labour at 11pm. It was funny, last tuesday night at prenatal yoga, the teacher said most people go into labour either first thing in the morning, or at night. She didn't say the reason though. Maybe like a flu when your temp always gets worse at night??

Kirsty77 Guest

My midwife told me that most women go into labour in the middle of the night because between 1-3am is when our hormones peak, thus inducing labour.Not a fun hour I'd imagine to start getting contractions!

I was induced with both of mine. Induced the 2nd time at 7am roughly and full labour began at midday with Kameron and he was born 3hrs and 20mins later.

With Lachlan full labour began around 6pm after being induced around 4.30pm and he was born 4hrs and 18mins later.

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

Geez you had speedy labours Kathryn!

My membranes ruptured at 2:45am Sunday morning and Amy was born at 4:16am Monday morning. What happened in between is in my birth story on BB.

DD - I went into labour at 8pm Friday night, went to the hospital at 11am Saturday morning, finally delivered at 3.02am Sunday morning with an epidural and vacuum extraction.

DS - I went into labour at 4.30pm Thursday afternoon, got to hospital about 6.45pm, delivered at 9.31pm.

I started having contractions at around midnight but didn't go to the hospital until 9 am. My waters were broken at about 11 am. I then delivered Nicholas at 5.30pm that day.

Lee-Ann Guest

DD1: Waters broke at 9pm, went to the hospital at 1am and I delivered at 11.45pm the next evening.

DD2: Waters broke at 3pm, went to hospital at 8pm (contractions were about 15 mins apart), delivered the next day at 4.25pm.

I`ve read somewhere that one of our hormones (not sure which one now :-k ) is at it`s highest during the night, hence why labour often starts at night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast