Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Labour day or night?

I went into labour at 9pm and had hendrix 4.5 hours later. I heard that wild animals go into labour at night so that they arent in danger of being seen so easily by their predators. Perhaps if your theory is true and most women go into labour at night then it is a trait still existing from our cave men days??

Would you be more likely to go into labour at night as that is when baby is awake ie: going with the theory that when you are up and moving around you are rocking bubs to sleep but when you are sleeping bubs is awake that along with the obvioucly being more relaxed.

My contractions started at 1am, I went into the hospital at 6.30am and he was born at 4.19pm.
    I wonder if it is hormonal? I really prefer the idea of giving birth at night, it just seems such a mysterious and magical thing that it really should happen in the dark, iykwim?

Wow - it seems most people do go start at night... My DH often works night shifts, so he might be getting a desparate phone call one night in around 11-12 weeks time!!!

Afternoon for me! I was already in hospital and was 1cm at 315pm, Jack was born at 515pm! Perfect!

With Mason I had a show at 7am and he was born by 4:30pm. Angus started not long after 2am and I went all day (not too bad though) and he wasn't born till 12:32am the next morning.
    Like some of the others have said I was told by my OB that the hormones peak at night while we sleep so that's when many babies happen.

I heard also that you are more relaxed at night and you are busy doing stuff during the day so you don't go into labour.

Debbie Lee Guest

I was induced with Gabby at 8am on Wednesday and didn't have her until the Monday after. My waters were broken for me on Monday morning (around 10am) and she was born by c-section at 4:45pm. I have no idea when "labour" started but I was up all night on the Sunday night screaming in pain every 10 minutes so I would say it was then

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12