Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Maternity Bras

Thanks Sherie - where do you buy them from? Have had a look at Bra's n Things and Myer, but haven't seen any.

You can get them online via the ABA website (mother's direct or something like that) or if you google it there are a few places that come up. I brought mine at a little independant lingerie shop locally.

I wear the Lovable maternity singlet tops to bed - they are nice and soft and have the drop down front part to the top which is ideal for night feeding. Miles better than wearing a bra to bed! Got them from the ABA website.

Jazmum try Zodee .....they have elle bras on there.
    Last edited by Phteven; September 16th, 2007 at 08:47 PM. Reason: link - please read forum guidelines

I have recently purchased the Bonds maternity singlet/bra thing and am loving it. Other bras were hurting too much. I might check out the Elle bra too.

I have tried so many, but having trouble finding some that are comfy for larger women. i usually buy a 16 but have found even the 18-20 sizes are so tight!

i live in my hot milk bras. one of them has just about changed colour cos i wear it so much! gross!!

Matryoshka Guest

I actually find the Bonds "bumps" range the most comfy i've come accross. They're made from cotton too so i don't feel sweaty or irritated after wearing them for a long time.

I'm also wearing the bonds bumps ones too. I have the bras and the singlets. They are very comfy although I have found that I've needed to buy bigger sizes than normal.

I have some Bonds bumps ones which fit me well in the last stages of pregnancy and first week or so after birth, but now they are way to big around the chest (they are a 12). I was really annoyed to find they don't make them in a 10 at all!!! How frustrating!!! Many brands don't do 10's in maternity/nursing bras, seems a bit weird to me as they all do 10's in normal bras.

Went to buy maternity bras the other day in my nearest regional centre (pop nr 100 000) and of the 3 shops (Myer, specialty maternity and specialty lingerie) I found only one bra my size. Soooo annoying. Have had to order some sight unseen and cross my fingers they are suitable........a costly exercise if they aren't.

Matryoshka Guest

I wish they came in a 10 as well, in fact i need a 10 dd or 10 e and i can't find them anywhere, so i'm wearing the bonds 12 d or 12 dd which are good but too loose around my body.

hun last week i bought a bonds maternity tank top, it has a built in maternity bra and i have found it so comfortable i don't want to take it off. I have had problems with very sore breasts and since having this top they have felt so comfortable. Good luck

I have the Bonds ones too. I bought them while pregnant but as someone else said, they dont come in a 10 and they are too big for me. When they did fit, they were very comfy!
    I recently bought some Elle ones and they are very comfy and pretty. I tried on a few Hotmilk bras too which were very comfy but I didnt buy it as the shop only had black and I wanted another colour.

I also bought one of the elle mcpherson maternity bras and it is the best! I am definatley going to get some more,they're comfy and also look pretty (which is so hard to find-maternity and pretty!!) I'm not sure what sizes they go up to but if you dont want to buy onine,David Jones is proberly the best place to find them.I'm also going to check out the 'hot milk' range,they are featured in alot of magazines and are also very feminine

I could never find anything that i was comfortable sleeping in - until i found these things:

for leaking breasts - BellyBelly Forums ~ Pregnancy, Birth & Baby

and a few other members recommend them here: Breastfeeding tops /tanks..? - BellyBelly Forums ~ Pregnancy, Birth & Baby

(it should highlight them in red for you, there are quite a few posts in the thread)

they are singlet tops, with a special lining, which absorbs the milk so the outside doesn't get wet at all... So comfy (i wore it under my pjs), and it has a zip in the front so you can b/f!

A lot better than wearing a bra to bed... i absolutely love mine, one of the best things i bought TBH.. only regret was i got them at like 2 month, and i had those first 2 months of not sleeping very well!

Hope that helps.

*bump*

Quote Originally Posted by DisGirl View Post
    I have been 'fitted' three times; at 4 months, 5 months and 6 months. A word of warning, especially if you are a busty girl, get properly fitted at Myer or DJ's NOT Bras n' Things. I went this past weekend to be fitted since I was falling out of a 14E that I had been 'fitted' for and was fitted to a 12F. The DJs lady was fantastic, explaining HOW it should fit, when to move the clasps and making sure I had a little room to grow in the cups. She had a look of horror on her face when she saw the bra I was wearing and found out I'd been fitted for it. She apologised, even though I had been fitted elsewhere! I tell you, the difference between a properly fitting bra and a poor fitting bra is AMAZING. My boobs no longer ache at the end of the day, neither do my shoulders and upper back and I don't have a bra riding up toward my neck either!

DJ's and Myer might be a little more expensive, but the difference is worth the extra expense IMO. I am rather busty though so it was probably more noticable for me than it would be for a smaller girl.
    Just wondering what bra you were able to get in a 12f????? I am in a 14E because I could not find any 12F on the rack anywhere and I am getting sick of the band being too big on my bra and riding up.
    Thanks Mel

It's so reassuring to find others have the same problem. I am only 7 weeks and have outgrown my 14D bras. Had to trek off to Target on the weekend to buy a couple of cheap new bras, as I have no idea how much they will keep growing.

Cross my fingers they don't get too much bigger, they are in the way and VERY sore!.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast