Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morning Sickness and Gender

LOL Fiona I was just thinking this pregnancy is so entirely different from my first, I was convinced it was a boy this time.... this time I have had heaps of sickness like bronchitis and sinus infections and blocked sinus' and dry skin etc with Matilda I had none of that just m/s.

With Nicholas I was sick right through the pregnancy and with Declan I think I felt queasy maybe once or twice.

Christy I thought for sure this one was also a boy seems everything seemed exactly the same as the first 2, just a bit worse. But they tell me its a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by FionaJill
    Mind you I wish I did vomit sometimes. Mostly my sister, but no one seems to remember there is more pg symptoms then just m/s. I suffer with the blocked nose thing, dry skin, really painful joint for early on. etc etc.
    Eugh! Yes! I am so over people asking me "how are you?" in the "your mum's just died/you have a tumour" sort of voice. I keep telling you I have no symptoms! Maybe I should learn how to vomit on cue just for when someone asks me next time.

My sister has taken to calling me a couple of times a week to find out how I am, bless her - but what she expects to change I don't know! Oddly enough, when I feel nauseous I have to cough, but that's hardly a symptom and is wearing off now.

My mum never had morning sickness with me, my sister or my brother.. my sister never did with her 2 boys and 1 daughter either.. im having a boy and have had no sickness at all either.. i think its just a myth..

I wish this very morning that M/S was a myth instead. Bleargggh! :ms:

I think we have enough contradiction in here to say we can't say either way whether M/S has anything to do with the sex of the baby. I think we've had every possible combination!

It'd be great to do a poll? Can we do those on BB?

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Adding my two cents worth! Lol!

Ariani: nausea which completely disappeared by 12 weeks
    Shay: sick as a dog night and day until 6 and a 1/2 months pg
    Zaki: nausea until 4 months pg
    Charlie: identical to Ariani (which is why I thought he was a girl)

So after having four kids, I can safely say I have no way of predicting gender! Lol!

I've had one of each, and didn't have M/S for either... so that's different again. I'm all for the every-baby-is-an-individual theory, whereby because they are unique little beings they will affect your body in a different way each time, since they're parasites, and all (in the nicest possible way, of course).

With my sons, I get constant morning sickness that is not bad enough to vomit, but enough to make me go green.
    With my DD, I was so sick, that when I had to get out of bed at night to my crying 12 month old son, I actually passed out from the force of the sicness a few times. I was always head in bowl with her for the first 4 months. This time, the morning sickmess is so mild, I am actually worried about bubba a bit lol

sonsangel Guest

I didn't have morning sickness with either pregnancies. My first was a boy and we don't know the gender of this one. I did get an ear infection with this pregnancy that stuck around for 5 wks, I was throw up sick from that but it wasn't m/s.

Wow great interesting stories from everyone. I think we can safely say then that m/s and gender don't have anything in common! (I am hoping for a little boy).

I had no morning sickness with both pregnancies and I've had one of each sex. I think it's all about the mum.

I ont have any, but still have plenty of time left to get some m/s (Hoping that I dont though!)
    My mum didnt have any morning sickness at all with me or my sister. So I hope its a genetic thing and I'll be the same as Mum.

Actually, I was reading an article in some newspaper during the week (cant remember which paper) and it was saying that apparently morning sickness has alot to do with your diet - if you eat lots of sweet foods or other food containing sugar then youre more likely to get m/s. I have no idea how accurate it is though. I hope its not - I'm a bit of a sweet tooth myself, but I'm trying not too eat much sugary foods now.

i was like death warmed up i was sooooooo sick with my daughter almost for 5 months and my sister was exactly the same when preg with her dd. But my mum had 5 chn, 3 girls, 2 boys and was equally as sick with us all. Who knows - i think it's just the individual (although i'd like to think that if i have a son next i won't have a single second of m/s - hahaha!)

Karina
    there definitely could be something in that sugar argument. Last wednesday I was the worst I have ever been and I had a bit of a sugar binge that day. Since then I've steered clear of sugar and am doing much better now.

With me, it is milk, anything that has milk etc breakfast cereals, tea/coffee, creamy pasta etc,,,,,,,
    I cooked a creamy pasta dish tonight, was mouthwatering over it as it cooked, but as soon as I had one bite, i couldn't stomach it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12