Thread: natural remedies for nausea?

Question natural remedies for nausea?

Hi everyone,

My morning (HA! Try all day!) sickness is kicking me with a vengeance, and i was wondering if anyone had some natural recommendations to help me with the nausea.

At the moment I am finding that sucking on a piece of lemon helps, but it's also pretty gross ... any suggestions please!

Blackmores does a morning sickness formulation containing ginger and B6 in the dosage found to be effective by the study done at the Women & Childrens Hospital in Adelaide. It was found to be effective in reducing nausea and vomiting by 55% in moderate and severe morning sickness cases.
    I haven't tested its effectiveness but have bought a bottle in happy anticipation!
    :-)

Ginger in any form is supposed to be good.. so the Blackmores one, ginger ale, ginger bickies, fresh ginger etc

Sea bands - magnetic and go on pressure points on your wrists - available from chemist. I found that salt and vinegar chips helped too, must be something to do with the "lemon face" foods huh. There is a thread somewhere but I can't think where right now which had some pretty good suggestions. Was a couple of months ago I think. I hope you feel better soon, m/s is gross!

Plain dry biscuits to nibble on. Don't let yourself get hungry. Ginger is great too. Hope it goes away soon *hugs*

I found that taking the vitamin tablet when I felt queasy made me throw up, so I skip days when I feel bad now. Sea bands are FANTASTIC, the only thing that helped with car-sickness for me (not needed them in pregnancy, but they'll be the first thing I try) even if they do look a bit ugly.

Ginger biscuits with cream cheese was another recommendation I heard... sounds quite nice too! I scoffed all the ginger biscuits in the house before I knew I was pg and very rarely felt nauseaous in the first six-seven weeks.

A glass of wine or two also made me feel better, but of course that was knocked on the head early on. The days when I didn't have a glass of wine the night before, I felt worse. Don't ask me why - it could also be withdrawal symptoms. Oh, and eating late at night made it worse too, so I made sure I ate dinner as early as I could.

mooshie Guest

yup i found the biggest thing was try not to get to hungry, as much as the thought of eating just wants to make you hurl, once you do eat it the nausea seems to be kept at bay.

i drank ginger tea, and also ate ginger biscuits and littly ginger bears (lollies) like jelly babies. another big thing i used to do alot of when hit with extreme waves of nausea was to practice some of my yoga breathing - it worked alot for me.

i think everyone has a different thing they find helps, so i hope you find what works for you soon. good luck

Thanks girls! Looks like ginger is the way to go!

beastie Guest

eating something before getting out of bed in the morning.

Nux Vomica from a health store it is a homeopathic remedy that also helps constipation worked wonders for me.....

Green apples done wonders for me for the first 20 weeks of pg... but had to be cold (in the fridge) or they didnt have the same outcome!