Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help with Skin!

Default Need Help with Skin!

Hi!!

I am after some help with my poor poor skin. I have turned in to pimple central!

I normally get a few pimples over my body. But now it has gone crazy! I am getting pimples on my face, neck, shoulders, chest and back and I am not liking the look of it!

For my face I use an exfoliated scrub, cleanse and moisterise. For my body I just use shower gel... What are your tips for having beautiful skin?! I am going shopping tonight so thought maybe to buy some sort of mask for my face and maybe a different body wash.

TIA!

Taia's Mum Guest

Hi!

I was the same - it was up and down for months! I changed my cleanser and face cream to a different brand and it seemed to clear up. I noticed that my skin needed something different now I'm preggers - so I changed. I would also recommend using a toner to tone down all the oils etc.
    I have always had a few on my chest and back - they seem to be pretty much the same now. I just attack those in the shower with an exfoliating glove and it works really well!

I love the neutrogena foaming face wash I also use it to wash my chest too because I get break outs there now
    I also love the ten-0-six mud mask once a week. I also keep the clearasil cleansing wipes in my bag for when I get a tad hot and sweety

How often do you exfoliate? Once a day? I would up it to twice a day. Morning and night. Cleanse first, then exfoliate. I use a brand that you can only get on-line, and its pretty pricey, but ive never had bad skin since using it - even this pregnancy and its my third. You have to draw those impurities out to the skin surface, thats why i suggested exfoliating twice a day. I would forget the toner. I would also use a clay mask twice a week. Exfoliate, then do the mask.

You prob already know this, but drinking even more water helps flushes away those toxins......

I exfoliate once a day, at night. My skin tends to get a bit dry if I exfoliate too often. I will try doing a cleanse and then exfoliate at night and see if that helps.

I think I have used a mask once and I rmember having a break out of pimples the next day. Is this what is meant to happen after having a mask? I just imagined the face is meant to be clear afterwards and my skin didnt like it!

I went to a nutrimetics party once and yeah.. they said the mask will draw it all out, so basically you get a big breakout after.. which is why they don't recommend doing a facial the day before your wedding! LOL.

Taia's Mum Guest

As a beauty consultant I would not recommend exfoliating twice a day! Exfoliating is desgined to remove the dead skin cells from your skin - you should only be doing this 2-3 times a week - or you will be trying to remove dead cells that are not there. I would recommend using a toner and clean your face both in the morning and evening But everyone has different skin so it can be a bit of trial and error!

A mask deep cleans the pores and draws out the impurities - so you will have a break out 1-2 days after using it - if you don't mind this then it will be good for your skin

Well I am going to get a mask and try it over the weekend. If it helps my face in the end, then I am happy with that!

Now just gotta sort of my chest and shoulders...

Pleasssssssse buy the ten-0-six mud mask (its orange), and oldie but a goodie! I have used all those fancy-smancy ones that heat up, cool down, crack, peel off and explode haha - the ones with the women on the front with fruit over their eyes etc etc! They make me break out
    I used the ten-o-six last night after exfoliating and my skin feels like heaven!

reenay - do you mean the ones in the sachet? They RUINED my skin, they are so coarse and cheapo!

Def do not exfol 2x day! it's waaay too much, you will scare you skin into producing more oil which will clog pores etc etc etc. A good toner should balance your skin and/or soothe it and a moisturiser is still a must.
    Check the body shop if you can - we have just released some amazing new skin care - the seaweed is brilliant for balancing and oily skin, and the tea tree kicks butt.

Use a mask once a week. You should also check out the Strawberry Body Polish mmmmmm, and it's great for your chest and back.

OOoo the strawberry body polish sounds real nice!! I will need to hide it from DP tho cause he will probably use it too!

I found that for a few weeks earlier on in my pregnancy I had a major pimple attack.
    I used St Ives apricot stuff on my skin and it seems to work ok for me. Not too many pimples. I use a very light moisturisier too.

Aww but Cosmo says its good too! I bought it in the orange tube but you can get them in the sachet too.
    I even used it the night before my wedding along with all the bridesmaids.
    Not cheapo for my budget!
    Agree with Karina LOVE St Ives apricot scrub, I need to buy some more tonight.

I agree with Renee, the Ten-O-Six mud mask is the simplest and best masque on the market, it's practically just kaolin clay with not much else but leaves my skin clean and soft. I use it every week (when I remember!) and it's been the best thing since I've been PG!!!

I also agree - enough with the exfoliating!! Too much, too harsh! Leave your skin to recover a bit. I also wash my face daily with Blackmores Pimple wash (not cos I'm really pimply but because I buy it for my smelly feet - the tea tree oil is good for them and I can't be bothered buying another product as well)! And only use a really light moisturiser - you won't need as much moisturising once you scale down the exfoliating!

I don't know abut the 10 0 six stuff, I meant the ladies with fruit on their face sachets. I used the sea mineral one and it BURNT my face so I warn all and sundry about it!

The strawberry body polish is amazing, I advise my clients to buy more than one as someone else always piches it! I am ordering more for my mum right now 'cos my auntie swiped it last time she visited!

Well I bought the ten-0-six stuff last night and I will give it a go tonigh I think!

I saw those face sachets and they are getting discontinued at the shops I went to so I stayed right away from them!

Thanks everyone. We will see if my face gets cleared up

By all means keep your skin clean, but also make sure as someone else suggested you're drinking a lot. Exercise will help get rid of the impurities as well, but mostly don't stress too much, I know that's hard. I think it's hormones mostly, which are rushing around and causing this. A friend of mine had this and it will settle down, at the latest after the birth (although I'm sure that is a long time to wait for you!) Swimming in the ocean helped for me when I had teenage acne, so it may work for you as well.

ohhhhh sorry Lulu!!! Haha yes those ones are terrible! I remember I got the heat one (I didnt realize it heated up) too and I had a panic attack when it started heating up, I thought my face was burning!!!!! Never again yuck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast