Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: nickname for unborn baby

Hendrix was referred to as 'the bean' by DH and me throughout pregnancy. We didnt know if he was a boy or girl and at the first u/s (7 week dating u/s) he looked like a bean. The funny thing is that the nickname hasnt stuck since he was born he just doesnt suit the name whereas Hayseed (hope she doesnt mind me talking about her) has called her baby Pup throughout preg and ive noticed that she still calls Thomas pup....

Munchkin...

I called ours Baby Bogan tonight just to tease DH. He's determined not to have a bogan! (DH's reaction = noooooooooooooo!) Don't think it'll stick... but t'was funny none-the-less

Our surname is Boyle so we call the baby Astro after the 1980's cartoon character Astro Boy.

Aidyn was called 'Little Pup'.
    Mainly because DP's nickname was Pup at an earlier stage in our relationship...
    Little-Pup still stuck with Aidyn even for a few months after birth, lol

We have named out unborn (possibly un conceived) baby GOOBER..... not sure how we got this probably from Gooey....LOL

Just bubba, but I have been refering to the baby as Declan which is the name we have chosen if it is a boy, so I hope I am not calling a little girl Declan hehhehehe or she might be born with gender identity issues

Matthew got Bubs, Little One, Little Man, Littele Boy and just The Boy

Annie Guest

DS was The Lemon becuase about the time the students in my summer course noticed that I was pregnant and asked about the baby, I told them it was about the size of a lemon... My sister's DD was "Dusty" b/c we were all offering up the most ridiculous unisex name suggestions we could think of since she didn't know boy or girl, and somehow Dusty stuck. Funny thing is our other sister painted a great rocking horse for niece after she was born and attached the name Dusty to the horse--so niece has been Sophie (her real name) ever since!

Debbie Lee Guest

We referred to Gabby as "Little Nobba". Rather odd, I know but my DH gets called "Nobba" (he's a red-head) so we just assumed that the baby would be just like him. She'll probably hate us for it one day

Munchkin here as well My brother though decided boy or girl the babys name would be Larry & he still calls Zander Larry now!

We had a wriggly!!!

Jo

Mumof42B Guest

My little ones name is "CHUCKIE" as thats what I do most days. If I don't do it I feel like doing it.

Romy*76 Guest

Our nickname is "Millimetre" ! DH thought of it and it's just stuck, but I love it...I have the ultrasound pic on the fridge, and when I go past I say "Hey Mills!"

my babies name is bubble at the moment

Ours is Baby Cheevs, it's kinda a long story but my car had number plates on it MISCHEEVS (said mischievious) so my nickname is Cheevs, and our dog's name is Chevy and he gets called Cheevs too - so Baby Cheevs kinda just stuck!

*Rachel* Guest

Keenan was 'Jelly' as in bean and baby, but moreso 'coz of what the pictures of foetuses in all the preggo books I was looking at - all jellyish.... LOL!!!

The new one I have dubbed 'little caviar' so far, 'coz it's not quite big enough to 'name' and I don't wanna get too attatched 'just in case' - sounds terrible, I know....( I just wanna make sure it's all healthy and 'sticks')

Rachel, I didn't know you were pregnant again!!!! CONGRATULATIONS :flower:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast