Thread: no heartbeat on doppler

Default no heartbeat on doppler

hi girls

just a question

went to my gp a couple of days ago, not for an ante natel appointment, for other reasons, he decided to get doppler out and find heartbeat, he could not find it, and he said its not looking good as im HIGH RISK,mind you my midwives dont think i am! i thought that it was hard to find h/b on those anyway? i had an u/s a week ago and all was AOK, i just starting to get a bit worried, which i no i shoulnt, i am just so anoyed that he has me worried now.

chrissy :flower:

Hi Chrissy

Sorry you've been scared by this. To put your mind at ease, would it be possible to go to the local emergency Dept and ask for an ultrasound? Or go back to the GP today?

I'm sure everything's fine.... just for your peace of mind, that's all.

Big hugs to you.

I'm sure your baby is fine. maybe he was just in an awkward spot for your Dr to get the heartbeat on the doppler. If your U/S last week was fine, then I'm sure everything is OK.

:fuming: At your Dr for getting you worried though - especially as it wasn't a ante natal app anyway!

Take care. :flower:

Chrissy im sure its nothing to worry about hun but i for one know thats easier said than done!! i worry all the time!!!

hehe

i had a general check up with my gp recently and she checked bubs heart beat with a doppler. she did warn me that being 16 weeks it was still quite earlier to pick up the heart beat on one of these and not to get worried!

of course i got worried but soon enough after to persisted trying she was able to get the beat nice and strong.

i can see your a few weeks behind me so im sure that it would be hard to hear it at 14 weeks.. i guess everyone is different. but please try not to stress. If you do need some piece of mind then maybe go to the hospital and explain what the doc has told you

xoxoxx

getinmybelly!! Guest

Quote Originally Posted by forsetistaffords
    Don't know how true it is, but the midwives at my hospital are always reluctant to use the doppler before about 16 weeks because they say it can be extrememly difficult to find the HB.

Good Luck, and I have my fingers crossed for you.
    The midwife said that to me too. She was only willing to at 16 weeks because we'd just had an ultrasound and had seen the heartbeat, so we wouldn't stress if she couldn't find it.

So did your doctor do anything about it other than scare you? :fuming: eg send you for an ultrasound???

At my last OB check up, he couldn't find the heartbeat because the baby kept moving. Well he found it for a split second before the little bugger moved again Luckily I know it's still OK cause I can feel it kicking and punching me, but sometimes the baby is just in a strange position or is moving too much to hear.

The nurses were cautious at 20 weeks using a doppler saying that in many cases they cant find hbs of heathy babes.
    My obst told me not to buy one before 18 weeks as it just added another thing to worry about
    Bec

Hi Chrissy,

I'm sorry that your doc has gotten you all worked up.

As the other girls have said finding the HB before 20 weeks is hard and the clinic I go to at the hospital won't use it until your 20 week appointment.

I'm sure everything is fine and that it's just a bit early to find it.

Take care.

thanks girls for your replies,

well i decided to go back to doc, to put my mind at ease, and saw a different doctor, he picked it up straight away, and if he couldnt said he would send me for an U/S, since i previously had M/C, He also told me the same thing its hard to detect an H/B on doppler before 16 weeks, well that put my mind at ease, the first doc was such a ***** getting me all worried and not explaining anything, and telling me its not looking good...........what a jerk. I wont be seeing him again!

again thanks so much girls

chrissy

\/ excellent news Chrissy!

Thats wonderful Chrissy =D>

Chrissy - Same thing happened to me when I was pg with Lucie. I caught a gastro bug at 14.5 weeks and went to the gp who couldn't find the hb on the doppler either - so I rang my ob in tears (I'd previously had a mc too). They let me go straight up. He couldn't find it on the doppler either but an internal scan showed Lucie lying right down on my cervix, happy as Larry! The ob's were really peed off with the gp and said that they should never try and then not follow through with a scan if they can't find it. I guess the same can be said with your situation. They just don't appreciate how stressful it is! So glad all is ok with your bubba.

Great news Chrissy and Grr @ the first Dr you saw.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

So glad to hear that things are ok, grrrrrrrrrrrrr :fuming: at that first doctor. I know when I was in hospital for pre eclampsia at 37 weeks 2 days they were always finding it hard to find Jonah on the dopple because he was moving around so much.